Replies

• Choobey
    Choobey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    There should be a like button on these posts :bigsmile:
  • nonacgp
    nonacgp Posts: 132
    Options
    I'm obsessed with the ocean (I live 5 mins from it) i love to boogie board and just be in the water but it scares the crap out of me butone of my dreams is to cage dive with great whites and free dive off a reef with lemons and other sharks.

I too have talented toes I can play video games and draw and write with them I also pick up and throw things with them.

I can make my tongue dance

And finally despite my weight and the amount I've already loss I have been in a hip hop dance family (not my actual family) since 2005 and been dancing since 2007

Yay! Another talented toes person. :flowerforyou:

I love the ocean too! I'm so very jealous that you live so close to it.

Maybe you'll find a "foot fettish" guy or gal and live happily ever after.:heart:
  • missy5290
    missy5290 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Reading this makes me want to do more with my life......Mine isn't that interesting, but my great grandmother was a Madam and owned a brothel in Mississippi where she later met a Jewish man who had moved to Mississippi for work. The fell in love and moved to Chicago in the 40's to get married, but she kept the last name of her ex-husband(Alexander) for obvious reasons. Anyways, if she took my great grandfathers last name, my last name would be Finkelstein.

Oh, I had to do a genogram for a class last year and after doing research I found out his family was still in Poland at the time. =(
  • nonacgp
    Options
    You will find lots of support on this site and mad props for all the super cool and diverse peeps on this site.

I got nothing, well except I had an irrational fear of public speaking I mean like knees knocking, fingers tingling, nauseous, clammy hands at even the thought of it. I dropped speech class in college twice until I finally sucked it up and overcame my fear momentarily then. . . I decided to become a HS teacher, sure I threw up a few times, but now I make a fool of myself on a daily basis and can laugh at my folly.

Good for you!! Very courageous. Stay strong! You certainly proved that you can and will be successful in anything you put your mind (and body) to.
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Something interesting...hmmm! I taught myself to play the drums at 30 years old after I joined a church that had a drum set but no drummer.

Also, I am currently pursuing a doctorate in accounting and am in the proposal phase. Daily I wonder what madness made me start this journey :-(
  • nonacgp
    Options
    I rode out a direct hit from an f3 tornado in a cinder block bathroom

OMG!! My worst nightmare since I live in the south now. (SC)
  • nonacgp
    Options
    I am an identical twin that loves to surf...and today I hit 1,175 days straight logging on MFP. I hope you find great success here and the people can be very helpful, supportive and motivating. So definitely add some good friends!

Holy Cow!! 1,175 days!!! You are a walking advertisement for MFP!! Congrats for your determination and tenacity!!!
  • betty_2010
    betty_2010 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i'm british, portuguese and italian x
  • karenMcMillan0712
    karenMcMillan0712 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I joined 8/26-After a bad colonoscopy I realized I was Lying to myself when I thought I was eating right-Broke my leg 5 days before my 50th birthday and added another 20 pounds. Weighing in at 222 pounds. Started clean eating 4 weeks ago dropped to 208-but then the scale began to go up and down. Decided not to obsess about weighing. cause I am looking smaller.

Interesting Fact about me when I was 14 I felt drawn to become a NUN-Never happened-but helped me keep routed in faith.
  • nonacgp
    Options
    Cooked for the Queen of Holland as well as the then Vice President Al Gore.

Did you use a Dutch oven?

LOL!! :laugh:
  • Choobey
    Options
    Something interesting...hmmm! I taught myself to play the drums at 30 years old after I joined a church that had a drum set but no drummer.

Also, I am currently pursuing a doctorate in accounting and am in the proposal phase. Daily I wonder what madness made me start this journey :-(

This is awesome! I always wanted to play the drums. I am turning 43 on Sunday and I just finished my bachelors degree! I decided at 39 (never went to college) that I was going to get my degree. Best of luck, it is not an easy task!
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I went to school to teach high school English and now own a rock climbing / outdoor shop with my husband. We've been going 4 years strong and growing.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    hobbies: palaeoanthropology and creative writing - the fusion of these resulted in this blog: http://cavepeopleandstuff.wordpress.com/
  • kbeckley11
    kbeckley11 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, no one in my family, including myself, could wiggle their ears, except my grandpa. He died right before my 8th birthday. Ever since then, I have been able to wiggle my ears.
  • mysmileighs
    mysmileighs Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I can touch my nose with my tongue. :tongue:
  • dcgriggs79
    Options

Finally! I had given up that anyone would get it. :D
  • Choobey
    Options

Finally! I had given up that anyone would get it. :D

I was ignoring that! LOL:noway:
  • handyrunner
    handyrunner Posts: 32,662 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I can touch my nose with my tongue. :tongue:

hey me too!
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am a geocacher.

I am also a geocacher.

I suffer from "gigantiphobia" and can not go near shipyards nor can see pictures of those enormous Australian mining machine moving things without wanting to puke.
  • CaptainJAG_37
    Options
    I wandered into a minefield some years back and survived with all my limbs intact.