Looking for totally superficial, token friends...

Options

Replies

• GeorgeL583
    GeorgeL583 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Friends, I can take them or leave them. :yawn:
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    I’m only about 75% superficial but I’ve been a token for most of my life; token white guy, token Italian, token OB, token guy friend.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I love how everyone is all, "Add me"
    I hope nobody adds anyone. That'd be great. >:)
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options

Ok sending FR!!! :tongue:
  • fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options

I do like kale, but I follow it up with hot dripping loaded nachos. Sometimes I put kale on my nachos.

:laugh:

Rabid kale fanatics do make chips out of the stuff, so I've heard. They probably make the nacho sauce from boiled cauliflower, too.
  • edmwnd
    edmwnd Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this didn't quite go as expected....

I thought I might get a couple of responses to my tongue in cheek opening post. Checking my inbox upon arriving home from work, it appears a collection of people large enough to usefully be called 'THE INTERNET' have a desire for superficial internet friendships. Whoda thunk it?

Once I've eaten my yoghurt and done my Kale-Yoga, I'll start going through the stockpile of friend requests and sorting out the wheat from the chaff, or more than likely blanket accept everyone, coz no-one really cares either way...right...?

The irony is I'm actually feeling slightly bad about the thought of not responding to people's messages.....
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    So friend everybody and post a blanket "Welcome in" on your newfeed.
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Ok, so this didn't quite go as expected....

I thought I might get a couple of responses to my tongue in cheek opening post. Checking my inbox upon arriving home from work, it appears a collection of people large enough to usefully be called 'THE INTERNET' have a desire for superficial internet friendships. Whoda thunk it?

Once I've eaten my yoghurt and done my Kale-Yoga, I'll start going through the stockpile of friend requests and sorting out the wheat from the chaff, or more than likely blanket accept everyone, coz no-one really cares either way...right...?

The irony is I'm actually feeling slightly bad about the thought of not responding to people's messages.....

I think your superficiality and lack of effort really complements your hint at self-loathing for not responding. Sounds like a winning combination to me :) In some weird way, I find that feeling bad when I fall short sort of cancels the two out. Rather like apologizing before stepping on a cockroach to improve one's karma. I feel better about myself knowing that I am mediocre but with a conscience.

Could this be some weird parallel world where everyone claims to be superficial, but really, we all wind up best friends (insert theme from the Twilight Zone)?!?

Hope that helps!!!
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    Truly made me laugh. Add if you wish. Thanks for the chuckle either way!
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I feel so at home in this thread.

As an introvert, I limit my contact with people to short doses so OP (actually just about everybody in this thread) you sound like the perfect friend. My diary is closed so there will be no expectation on my part that you will read, analyze, and comment on it. I rarely post anything on my wall and the only thing that shows up in my newsfeed is days logged, weight lost, and posts posted in, but those are solely for my benefit and I will probably be suspicious (or not) if you comment on them.

I will throw an occasional "like" your way but only if no more than 2 or 3 of your other friends have liked it. So in essence, it would be a pity "like".

So add me. Or not.
  • Rooski4622
    Rooski4622 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Happy to be 'tokened' like it's my job. Please include me, or begrudgingly exclaim, "meh", in my general direction. Either way, I'm good. :)
  • wjstoj
    wjstoj Posts: 884 Member
    Options

Yeah, this sounds like a reverse psychology kind of thing :laugh:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'll accept friend requests, as long as I don't have to do much more than add a simple comment once in a while and just go through my feed and "like" pretty much everything. Add me if you want, fine by me. I don't comment on what people eat or do, that's their business. I have trouble enough taking care of myself.

I could have written this myself, (with noted spelling corrections).

Add away people!
  • arnostbilej
    Options
    Pick me! Pick Me!

Very superficial, extremely token, you will never hear from me :) I'm looking for a few like-minded friends to make this place a bit less lonely, but I don't want anything beyond what you so well described. Feel free to add me (and anyone else in this thread who wants an acquaintance).
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    I appreciate the sentiment in your original post but it all just seems like such a hassle.
  • rebeccaplatt21
    Options
    I like your style! I'm here every day, but I don't post much about my health/food activities. I do however actively hit the 'like' button on my friends' posts to help with encouragement. I've been known in the past to post an occasional 'Great job,' or other comments if I feel I can be helpful. But, I don't tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do, ever. I'm normally quite laidback, I do post in the forums from time to time though. I lurk more than anything (besides updating my diary) and use the 'search' button frequently when I need information on something. I've learned so much from doing that. Feel free to add me and I'll do the same. :)

this, exactly!
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    My heart is overwhelmed by all the posts within this thread. I never knew there was so much mediocrity and underachievement. We are kindred spirits. I am that girl who makes a half-*kitten* effort. I'm the mom who shows up to school wearing the same thing she wore three days in a row (hey, if it doesn't stand up on its own in the corner, its fine). I'm the friend who purposely calls you when I know you can't take my call because really, I don't want to talk, I just need to fulfill my obligation. I raise my glass of Crystal Light and vodka (yes, I tracked it) to all of you.

OMG I love you! I thought I was the only one that did the Crystal Light and vodka thing (and then tracks it)! FR Sent :flowerforyou:

And while I try to engage my FL, I'm a rather low maintenence person, and so I don't always succeed. I'm feeling much better after seeing so many others like me.
  • FitnessOverFood
    Options

Hahaha..naw..I've gotten a few requests and sent a few..
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    You had me at "fairly disinterested misanthrope."

This
    giphy.gif

.... and this
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    I've been in a plateau for 7 months tomorrow. Does that count?