Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say that I'm in for the July challenge. Going for my first run since getting hurt today, and combined with bike riding I think 90 is a good goal.
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I read we're doing mileage again?

Count me out. I can't keep increasing mine. I'd rather focus on minutes active. I'm active a lot more than just when I walk/bike.
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm back to work after 10 glorious days off... :sad: I wanted to start off the month on a really good note, so I got out and did some hiking, lots actually. A total of 15k, 22,500 steps, 142 active minutes, and will get out to get the other 2500 steps as soon as my fitbit finishes charging. Then I will earn my first 25k badge. :drinker:

I'm dropping physio to 2 days per week from 3 and plan to get some other activity in on the other days. I'd much rather do my exercise outside in the summer than indoors so this works better for me now.

I'm in for the mileage challenge again... I'm going to push one more month and aim for 200 miles. The hiking/geocaching I have planned should make this goal quite attainable, but I expect to pretty exhausted by months end so I will only push it for this month.

July Mileage:

7/1: 9.4 miles (still have to get last 2500 steps so this will be updated)
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm in for the July challenge! However my numbers will be way lower than some of yours. I shall persevere and someday I too will log a 100 miles or more. For now I'm very happy that I at least exercise! :bigsmile:

Oh and does anyone here use the Fitbit? I am working on gathering as much info as possible before hitting my hubby up for the cash. So far I can't decide on the Fitbit Zip or the One. Not even sure if's a good idea for me.

July Mileage Goal: 40 miles!!

7/1 - 1.25
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    tlh and Kelley- thanks for the positive comments.

Tlh-Sorry about the house. I hope the bank can help you figure it out.

Kelley- If are you able to handle it in August that would be great. I will be heading back to work so it will get crazy by the middle of the month.

Aimee- I am also thinking about tracking active minutes. I know I need to get myself moving throughout the day instead of just exercising intensely. You don't need to up your miles every month you can lower them if you desire.

Teresa-40 miles is a great place to start. I don't own a fitbit yet, but many people on here do. You will get some wonderful advice. You can also check out the forum on fitbit.

Chart and miles updated
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Well, I did it... 30k steps!! I'm exhausted. Ran 2 km and walked the remainder. Here are my updated stats...

Mileage/ Active minutes

7/1: 13 miles/ 197 AM
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    We are home, but I came home sick. The cough I had when we left persisted, and at some point has turned to pneumonia. I am having a lot of chest pain, but they ruled out a blood clot. Fortunately, I didn't really start feeling sick until we were heading home this morning.
    I like the idea of reevaluating progress and goals at the halfway point in the year. I need to give myself a couple of days to start feeling better.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    June Goal: 130 miles
    6/1: 2.52
    6/2: 1.48
    6/3: 1.50
    6/4: 5.38
    6/5: 5.83
    6/6: 2.58
    6/7: 5.47
    6/8: 2.73
    6/9: 1.73
    6/10: 5.89
    6/11: 1.24
    6/12: 1.78
    6/13: 1.68
    6/14: 8.78
    6/15: 1.00
    6/16: 1.04
    6/17: 2.99
    6/18: 3.01
    6/19: 7.00
    6/20: 2.94
    6/21: 2.09
    6/22: 1.50
    6/23: 1.30
    6/24: 1.94
    6/25: 3.24
    6/26: 3.33
    6/27: 2.17
    6/28: 3.20
    6/29: 5.65
    6/30: 2.04

Total: 87.02
    Sleep Goal: 20/30 days with 7 hrs
    16/20

Sunday: Bike to Work-DONE
    Monday: Gym-Lift and Stretch-DONE
    Tuesday: Run-DONE
    Wednesday: Bike Ride
    Thursday: Run and 30DS
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Bike Ride
    Sunday: Run
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Kaye- Take care of yourself! Pneumonia is terrible and miserable. I hope yours clears up quickly.

Nettie and Ushkii- Good to see you each checking in! (((Hugs)))) to you both! I wondered how you've been.

Robin- WOOOO HOOOO to the loss! Enjoy reconnecting and reminiscing!

Tlh- Ugh. I think your family has had enough house-hunting ups and downs. I hope the review happens and is in your favor!

Jenn- Welcome back! I've been goofing off this month, too. July is the month to get back on track. You've got this!

Kelly- I will probably look into a maintenance request or contact the building manager at that site...there might be a reason they've left it curtainless.....who knows.

L2T- I like that you're reflecting at the year's half-way point. I've been kind of informally thinking about that myself. So far, I've just been looking back and what I've accomplished. Guess I should start looking forward at what I can lose by the end of 2014!

Laurie- It might not help you, but it's kind of encouraging to me that after you've lost so much, you still feel like you should quit. You would think that would be discouraging....hmmm. Hard to explain, but I guess I feel like....Dang, this weight loss stuff IS a war. It's okay to feel beaten. We won't win all the battles. We just plug along and try to win the war! I guess you're just affirming to me that this is a long term, choose-to-lose-each-day kind of a journey. I hope you stick in this thing and reach your goals!

Congratulations to everyone who met their mileage goals for June!

I think I should probably scale back my goal for July's mileage...I'm going to set it at 90 miles this time.
    I'm also going to continue with the sleep goal...for July, 20/31 days with 7 hours of sleep....I fell short in June, but I'm getting closer!

:heart: :heart: Let's all give the next six months all we've got and make 2014 the year we amazed ourselves!!!:heart::heart:
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    July 1 miles - 3.27
  • tootsanderson
    tootsanderson Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    Hey, yo! I didn't fall off the face of the earth! I just got really, really distracted by the adoption. One of the two boys we are adopting has a severe genetic blood condition and is at a high risk of dying without American medical intervention, so I had to shove 12 to 18 months of paperwork into 6 months! It was, regrettably, chaotic and crazy and everything that wasn't required to sustain life just got lost somewhere in a mountain of immigration paperwork. I will be traveling to China soon to pick up our new sons, but I've also picked up about 11pounds in the last 6 months :/ Time to get back in the saddle again.
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: My goal was to lose 2 lbs. I didn't do that, but I did lose 1.2 lbs. in the last 5 days which is great.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @jnettie - Good to hear from you. We'll be here when you get back again.

@robin - Woo Hoo for 9 pounds!

@laurie - Loved reading your blog about your journey so far. I know what you mean when you say you're just ready to stop right where you are and just enjoy what you've accomplished. I have those thoughts myself from time to time. After all, I feel good and compared to where I came from I look good too. But, I'm stubborn and if I say I'm going to get to 145, I will. It won't be this year, but I'm confident it will be next year. I'm ready to be done with the weight loss portion of all this and get on to maintaining, but I will not quit until I reach my goal. Not ever.

@tlh - Sending positive vibes your way that the house works out.

@teresa - I just got a FitBit zip since I was just looking for something to track steps and not sleep (which would just stress me out more to see how poorly I sleep most nights). It's simple to use and you can link it to your MFP account if you want. I don't because I only count steps when vacationing and not on a daily basis. For daily walks I use an app called MapMyWalk that can also be linked to MFP.

@kaye - Pneumonia is awful. Take care of yourself and recover quickly.

@hansea - I'm big on reflection. One of my goals for this journey is to be as brutally honest with myself as possible. On previous weight loss attempts, I let myself fall into the trap of following "expert" advise instead of listening to myself. And ended up quitting since what the experts thought I should do was unsustainable for me. I had a friend approach me recently wanting to know how I've lost the weight. She kept pressing me to tell her exactly what I ate every day. I told her that didn't matter. What mattered was her doing the work to figure out what would be sustainable for her. Reflection and honest..... very powerful tools.

AFM - Not much going on other than work and daily life. Looking forward to a long holiday weekend with my oldest daughter.

July Mileage Goal: 100 miles

7/1 - 3.02
    7/2 - 5.02 (3.02 walk and class)

Total: 8.04
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

@Toots~Its great to “see” you! I knew you were in the process of adopting when you last posted, you sure have been thru a lot with this adoption—I’m glad everything has worked out and they’ll be home with you soon. How is your DH?

@Mel~Great way to end the month!

@Nettie~Good to see you too, I hope your life settles down soon and whatever you’re working thru has a positive outcome. Hang in there! We’re here when you need us.

AFM~Not much to report, super busy with month-end this week. A shorter week means I have to get my reports done quicker. :grumble: I’m not back at the gym yet, trying for today if I don’t get stuck at work late--thank goodness for all the miles I get in at work.

July Mileage:

7/1/14—3.39mi

Total: 3.39/100 Miles
  • DarcyHamlin
    DarcyHamlin Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am loving MFP and have been using it for 2 weeks now. Have already lost 8 pounds and it feels great. Tracking has made me more mindful of what I'm eating, which in turn has made me more aware and appreciative of it. Mindless grazing has been all but eliminated and everything I eat is intentional - a huge shift for me.

I love this thread! Looking to add more friends for support. I post every day and will reciprocate any fun comments and/or likes you throw my way! :smile:
  • Forgeahead32
    Options
    Hello!

I think I'd like to track mileage and water for this month. I really enjoy walking for exercise and even have a walking buddy with my dog, Arcadia (she's a 6 month labsky.) I am aiming for 1.5 miles a day with a total of 46.50 for the month. I also use Map My Walk and I have a fitbit flex that goes around my wrist and vibrates every time I reach my goal. I also have the fitbit scale so everything logs for me through all my apps on my phone. Figured I spend too much on my phone monthly so might as well put it to good use! My old scale kept saying I wasn't losing weight, but with the fitbit scale it says I've lost 8 lbs, so I think I'll stick with that! lol
    With water I'd like to aim for 8 cups a day. This is my weak spot and I really need to break my soda habit. Good luck everyone! :happy:

7/1 - 1.5

1.5/46.50
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Happy World UFO Day!
    World UFO Day seeks to get governments to fess up to the existence of UFOs. Many people believe that UFOs from outer space have already visited us, and a big, government cover-up is hiding the facts from the public.
    The date for this special day was chosen because it is the date of the Roswell Incident, a historical event leading to wide speculation and belief that aliens have indeed visited us.
    Organizers are downright serious about getting the overall public to believe that we indeed have been visited by aliens from outer space. They are seeking to get the U.S. and other governments to admit to what they believe is a reality.
    Have we been visited by extra-terrestrial beings? You make the call.

“Bad habits are like chains that are too light to feel until they are too heavy to carry.” ~Warren Buffet

Tom
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Logged my food yesterday and did good. I mowed the lawn and clean up the trailer from our long weekend outing. So I got a little activity. Going to a friend’s for dinner tonight so I will have to be careful and try not to eat up all their good food, and they will have good food.
    I did not walk yesterday and will not get to it today unless i get a break and go out during my lunch.
    I am going to try to do some free weights at home to get a little more strength back. On our camping trip i chopped wood and it killed me! I felt so weak and that is much different than usual. I hope to build a little mussel and next camping trip feel better.

July Mileage Goal 40 Miles

Total = 0
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Going to stick with mileage for July... goal is 60 miles. I will partially use my fitbit steps (anything over 5,000 steps I'll count towards mileage for days that I don't get out for a walk or do a WATP video), and the rest will be from intentional exercise. Since I do swim some as well, I will count 20 min of swimming as 1 mile.

JULY MILEAGE

Total: 2.5 / 60

07/01 - 0 (migraine!)
    07/02 - 2.5
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say hi and spread some cheer.

Hope everyone is off to a successful July! :flowerforyou: