37 Calorie Brownie

Options
Mygsds
Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
I know this is not the real thing, but works.

http://www.bromabakery.com/2013/04/37-calorie-brownies-and-no-im-not.html

Yeah, so I was baffled myself. But it's true. If you cut these brownies into 9, they are 37 calories each. CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? Well, take out your calculators and add up some numbers, and you'll see it's true. And the weirdest part about it is: they taste pretty damn good. Now, normally I'm not a fan of low-calorie desserts, because I think it's a joke. If you're going to eat dessert, eat. dessert. But one of my favorite bloggers, Rosie the Londoner, put these babies up the other day and they looked so gooey and delish I just had to try them. Now, I made some changes to my liking, so if you use slightly different ingredients (regular yogurt v greek, etc) they may come out differently. And, as Rosie says, be sure to undercook your brownies. They taste so so so much better that way!

For the brownies:

3/4 cup nonfat greek yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
1/4 cup skim milk
1/2 cup Cocoa powder
1/2 cup Old fashioned rolled oats (like Quaker)
1/2 cup Truvia (or any natural/stevia based sweetener that pours like sugar)
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch salt

Preheat the oven to400°F. Grease a square baking dish (I used 8"x8"). Combine all incredients into a food processor or a blender, and blend until smooth (about 1 minute). Pour into the prepared dish and bake for about 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 9 large squares. YAHM.

Optional: I added about 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to my batter, just to live dangerously. This brings the calorie count up to about 65 calories per brownie. Not bad, not bad.

Replies

• Summer2k14
    Summer2k14 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Soundss DELISH!! This made me hungry.
  • dogluvr_2014
    dogluvr_2014 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Wow, I've seen a lot of recipes for healthier versions for brownies but none this low on the calorie count. I will definitely have to try these. Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • margannmks
    margannmks Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks definelty gonna try these. I bet swirling some pb2 (mixed w water) on top would be good too.
  • st0rmagedd0n
    st0rmagedd0n Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Goal-Friendly Dessert Gods!!
  • GreatDepression
    GreatDepression Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I will try this recipe sometime. The oats make it higher carb than I'd like but whatever.
  • Mygsds
    Options
    My husband is a brownie fanatic and he even gave it a thumbs up. Just remember to under bake a little.. I hope you all like them.
  • Mygsds
    Options
    OMG.. That sounds fantastic!!!!!... I love anything with peanut butter in it. Have to remember that for next time..thank you
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I gotta try this!
  • siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    delicious recipe! another must try for me :)
  • Bazzaware
    Bazzaware Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good. I will add it to my recipes and give it a go.
    Thanks for sharing.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Those actually look delicious, and now I want a brownie!
  • nm212
    nm212 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    For the brownies:

3/4 cup 3.25% greek yogurt
    1/4 cup whole milk
    1/2 cup Cocoa powder
    1/2 cup Old fashioned rolled oats (like Quaker)
    1/2 cup raw sugar
    1 egg
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    1 pinch salt

FIFY

Now it'll be even yummier and healthier!
  • JupeJones
    JupeJones Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome!

But I went to the linked blog post, and then followed THAT to the original blog post here: http://www.thelondoner.me/2013/04/100-cal-chocofudge-brownies.html

There, it says that they're 100 cal per brownie (again, assuming you cut into nine pieces). The only difference I see is the use of "low fat" instead of "non fat" yogurt--would that account for the difference?

Thanks!
  • Lonestar5775
    Lonestar5775 Posts: 740 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Saving this for later!
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    bump
  • GKat04
    GKat04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This is a must try as my kids are always bugging me for brownies!
  • Mygsds
    Options
    Sounds awesome!

But I went to the linked blog post, and then followed THAT to the original blog post here: http://www.thelondoner.me/2013/04/100-cal-chocofudge-brownies.html

There, it says that they're 100 cal per brownie (again, assuming you cut into nine pieces). The only difference I see is the use of "low fat" instead of "non fat" yogurt--would that account for the difference?

Thanks!

I see the other recipe has nuts in it also. I have always used the one that I posted..