Need an Insanity Partner

Options

Replies

• BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    How we doin folks, sorry I've been slacking.
    Been very busy this last week or so and have really only been logging food and nothing else.
    Hope everyone's still kickin *kitten* and taking names?

Cardio recovery is a **** - it hurts.
  • kwyze
    kwyze Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    3 Days to go until I am finished the program!! So excited.... although it leaves me with a 4 week gap before I head overseas on holiday so I am actually contemplating kicking though month 2 again - I must be INSANE :)
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Halfway through week 4. I'm looking forward to next week's Recovery Week.

I missed one workout last week, which sucked. But I got right back on track.

@kwyze - go for it! I'm going to finish the program about 2 months before my wedding. I'm thinking about doing it a second time before the wedding.
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    Kwyze - if you've literally 4 weeks from you finish until your holiday, I'd massively recommend " The Asylum " it's a 4 week programme which is essentially Insanity +.
    The plan calls for dumbells / resistance bands / a speed ladder and a jump rope but dumbells aside the rest isn't rally necessary.
    You can jump witout a jump rope, improvise the speed ladder and the bands are to make footwork etc harder, but the drills are tough without them,.
  • Giribaldi
    Giribaldi Posts: 10
    Options
    It can be very difficult to stick to the Insanity schedule if youre constantly sore. Personally I did another fitness reginment(Jillian Michael and Bob Harper videos ) for about a month..those made me plenty sore but once I started Insanity I only felt a bit of soreness in my calves.

As for the Isanity workout itself..it can be easy to become discouraged when you look at the video and see how fast these fitnesses gods are going. Don't try to keep up the first time though do as many as you can. Personally I stopped about halfway and couldnt finish the workout my first time. But now I'm able to complete the workouts. Just try to do a few more reps of each exercise each time you do it and really push yourself. I'm happy I'm changing my fitness level for the better while losing a few inches
  • kwyze
    Options
    Kwyze - if you've literally 4 weeks from you finish until your holiday, I'd massively recommend " The Asylum " it's a 4 week programme which is essentially Insanity +.
    The plan calls for dumbells / resistance bands / a speed ladder and a jump rope but dumbells aside the rest isn't rally necessary.
    You can jump witout a jump rope, improvise the speed ladder and the bands are to make footwork etc harder, but the drills are tough without them,.

Thanks - I will look into this. I have some dumbells at home already and I do miss them :)
  • GeoffTTaylor
    GeoffTTaylor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have to say I've been a bit naughty. I've had a short holiday and another one is imminent so I haven't been training. I'll do a workout on Friday before I leave and then restart week 3 on Monday.
  • Luciecabrol
    Options
    Hey today is day 19 for me doing insanity for the first time! I'm no way need a fitness freak but I'm in pretty ok physical health (especially after nearly 3 weeks of the programme) I'm just looking for an online support group of people to keep up with and motivate me to ensure I stick at it!
  • Dondre28
    Dondre28 Posts: 53
    Options
    Hey today is day 19 for me doing insanity for the first time! I'm no way need a fitness freak but I'm in pretty ok physical health (especially after nearly 3 weeks of the programme) I'm just looking for an online support group of people to keep up with and motivate me to ensure I stick at it!

Great welcome to the mad house, you came to the right place.
  • kwyze
    Options
    I've decided to give Insanity: Asylum a go now that I'm finished Insanity. I'm a little scared LoL. I have great motivation though (holiday in vanuatu leaving 2 days after I should finish the program!) so I'm hoping I can stick in there and I have my fingers crossed for some good results too.

So my overall impression of Insanity now that I'm finished?? I would definitely do it again. It was challenging but I liked the variety of the workouts throughout the week - I found that by the end of month one I was hanging out for the new routines of month 2 but by the last week of the program I just wanted it to be OVER and motivation was getting a bit harder to find.

I didn't actually lose any weight off the scales doing the program which is a little disappointing BUT I have lost inches, clothes fit better, I am more toned/less flabby and I just feel fitter and better!! I finished the program being able to do whole sets of power jumps and a few other moves that I could not even do ONE of before which is an awesome feeling. I noticed that running was easier (although I find that boring as hell) and I was stronger in general with day to day things. At the end of the day I don't care about a scale number when I got all of that going on so I'm counting it as a SUCCESS :)
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    Excellent stuff Kwyze. The Asylum is a whoe other level again, but if you've done Insantiy you'll be grand.
    The workouts are ( in the main ) shorter, but the intensity and addition of some equipment just elevates the plan.
    Hope you enjoy it.
    I've been adding a few Insanity workouts in to my current plan, but starting at the end of July, I'm going 3 months start to finish Insanity - Asylum - and I'm gonna do it in a 20kilo Vest.
    Can't wait.
    If I didn't ove my grub so much I'd be in shape by now. lol
  • RosemarieSenpai
    RosemarieSenpai Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm in need of an Insanity partner as well.

I'm starting my program on July 1st (today).
    I've been holding back on what I've should of done last year but I've barely made it to day 3.5 then never came back. I did Les Mills Combat and I was quite successful with it for almost 6 months or so... After a while I've grown tired of the same routine and gave up since things got in the way. I had been training for 6 weeks at a MMA place for a Fighter Fit trial for 6 weeks... Sadly I was too poor to continue when the trial was over. :sad:

Since mid May of this year, I've been out of commission since I got sick and I found it harder and harder to workout since I've been working overnights and my feet are really sore when I get home as I'm on my feet for 7 hours. Working out before work is ideal to me, it's easy to say that... But a little tough for me to follow through. :indifferent:

Here's to hoping I'd get my first week of Insanity done so I could be motivated to continue knowing "I CAN DO IT!" Besides, my fitness level had definitely changed compared to the last time I've touched Insanity. This would be my break before getting into Les Mills Combat Ultimate Hybrid Warrior program -- unless Insanity gets the best of me and I end up buying the Asylum upgrade, trying Turbo Fire, or start lifting more weights when I get a gym membership again (if I'm not broke). :laugh:

So if there's anyone else in the thread or MFP who is starting today, feel free to add me! :happy:
  • exwilson
    exwilson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody -sound off. How's it going for you?

I'm coming up on finishing the recovery week. I'm kind of in love with Core Cardio and Balance. Anyone else notice the one guy who keeps stopping throughout the whole workout? I mean come on! It's the easiest workout so far!

That said, I've lost ZERO weight in the last five weeks while doing Insanity (and running 4 days a week). It's been really frustrating. But I took a measuring tape to myself yesterday and found I've lost 1.5" on my waist, another 1.5" on my chest and .25" on my neck. So I guess the buckets of sweat are doing something...
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    The weight comes in the second month - the workouts are about 30% longer and the intensity doesn't drop, it almost hits a level of steady state cardio at times - except really high intensity.
    Like sprinting a 10k...ummmm.
    Actually that's not that much of an exaggeration - I had my 10k down to 54 minutes by the end and some of the later sessions are longer than that - and then there are days when you double up.....
    The sweating is ridiculous isn't it?
    How long between you finishing a session and cooling down enought to get a proper shower?
    I'm like 15 - 20 mins.
  • GeoffTTaylor
    GeoffTTaylor Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm back in the swing since my holiday break. I've lost 7 pounds since I started a month ago. That's a good sustainable rate of loss.
    You can feel the fitness drop off even on such a short break so I don't recommend doing what I did.

ONWARDS
  • 2dayirunforme
    2dayirunforme Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm in my first week of insanity and love it.
  • BigDougie1211
    Options
    Excellent stuff 2day.
    How are the calves?
  • izu87
    izu87 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I think about starting Insanity tomorrow...
  • Dondre28
    Options
    I'm in need of an Insanity partner as well.

I'm starting my program on July 1st (today).
    I've been holding back on what I've should of done last year but I've barely made it to day 3.5 then never came back. I did Les Mills Combat and I was quite successful with it for almost 6 months or so... After a while I've grown tired of the same routine and gave up since things got in the way. I had been training for 6 weeks at a MMA place for a Fighter Fit trial for 6 weeks... Sadly I was too poor to continue when the trial was over. :sad:

Since mid May of this year, I've been out of commission since I got sick and I found it harder and harder to workout since I've been working overnights and my feet are really sore when I get home as I'm on my feet for 7 hours. Working out before work is ideal to me, it's easy to say that... But a little tough for me to follow through. :indifferent:

Here's to hoping I'd get my first week of Insanity done so I could be motivated to continue knowing "I CAN DO IT!" Besides, my fitness level had definitely changed compared to the last time I've touched Insanity. This would be my break before getting into Les Mills Combat Ultimate Hybrid Warrior program -- unless Insanity gets the best of me and I end up buying the Asylum upgrade, trying Turbo Fire, or start lifting more weights when I get a gym membership again (if I'm not broke). :laugh:

So if there's anyone else in the thread or MFP who is starting today, feel free to add me! :happy:

Get yourself some gel insoles for work and also your shoes for doing training trust me :flowerforyou:
  • Dondre28
    Options
    I am still here despite getting a flu and my hay fever kicking off, I have improved a lot and can now almost go through the whole warm up without breaking. Any 1 here can go through it without stopping but had problems before like to catch your breath and a bit of pain relief. Be honest.