How much do you pay for a gym membership?

Options
191011121315»

Replies

• Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    $20 a month.. Just weights/weight machines and cardio machines.. thinking of switching to a Planet fitness for $10.. but you can pay up to $100 with place that have pools by me.. definitely not worth it.
  • jeankovichjean
    Options
    We just joined La Fitness after having a HORRIBLE experience at the south dale YMCA A place for ghetto goers.Everyday getting greeted by some house wife who's never used a piece of gym equipment in there life.There like waiting to pounce on you.I wrote them a bad review they looked it up.I said I would never go back there again but my son wanted to swim and membership is paid for so I said okay .Everyday it was something there staff eggs you on when there bored ghetto.So ghetto I had a free membership and paid to go some where professional.Not some county run crap.They do not have children's best interest.My son was much happier with the cities summer programs and staff they did not want to go to the y camp when given a choice.And my son loves the pool and gym and most important the staff at la
  • maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    im getting two foreign exchange students for a year so im joining the YMCA with the family package. it is $65 a month .. if I show that me and my husband go at least 12 times a month we can get a $20 deduction each so I will only be paying $25 a month .. good deal with a healthy way to do things together .. cant beat it with a swimming pool, running track, classes, weights , and basket ball court ..
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I pay £128 in the UK so that is just over $200 but it's in London and all the £70-£90 gyms have horrible customer service.

My gym does give a personal training session every month for free and in the first month I had 5 fee sessions. :)
  • Samiad
    Samiad Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow, I wish my gym was as cheap as this! My partner and I pay £79.50 EACH a month, I've just checked is about $136 each. We could go to a cheaper gym but they don't have a pool, which I like to have as enjoy swimming, or the other council run one is pretty run down and not nice, and that's still £40 a month. Would rather pay more for somewhere nice to be.
  • yogicarl
    yogicarl Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    nothing - the sea is right there.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Gyms in London are soooo expensive! I paid £75 a month (about $120) and hardly used it!! I cancelled my membership and used the money I saved to buy equipment so I can workout at home. :happy:

Holy *kitten*. That's expensive

I pay more about $200.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Nothing. My Medicare Advantage plan includes free membership at my local Y and at Curves.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    I don't go to gym, but our local gym does around $250 a year.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Wow gyms seem cheap in America.

My gym is £50 per month so about $75, excellent equipment and never that busy so I don't mind.

They would have to pay me to train at planet fitness lol

I agree! I pay £41 / month...swimming and gym...but ltd equipment in gym! WhatI love about it is it is very quiet..usually have the pool and gym to myself! Adult guests pay £5 and children 12 and under £2.50!
    I left a gym that cost £17 / month for this one! Mainly for access to a pool!
  • ExpectantHope
    ExpectantHope Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I pay £10.99 per month, includes free classes & I paid no join up fee. According to Google that's around $19 per month :)
  • IndianaNanaS
    Options
    $12.81 a month (tax included) on a 3 year contract. Older facility, but with pool, whirlpool, steam/sauna, free weights and machines, free classes. Now at the end of the first year, Red Fitness (this location only, apparently) was bought out by F/X. Now equipment isn't being repaired, the wet area is often closed, and cleanliness is deteriorating. The final straw is the lights in the women's locker room have been "broken" for over a week! There are lights in the toilet/shower area that cast some light into the changing/locker room, but it's creepy. My short term solution has been to change clothes at work before driving to the gym, bypassing the locker room altogether. After a week, though, I am looking at ways to break the contract.
  • catb58
    catb58 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I could use the county rec centers free in the county I work for, but I go to One Life Fitness for $26.99/month with all the classes I want. The location and hours work great for me, plus it's very clean.
  • tkcasta
    tkcasta Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I pay about $55/month for a membership at the Y. However, because we are a major city, it has a lot of amenities. I think it's worth it. A lot of gyms where I am are about 50-100$ a month. I think location has a lot to do with it.
  • CleanUpWhatIMessedUp
    CleanUpWhatIMessedUp Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Luckily for me, my gym membership is free at my college. Otherwise, I would not be able to afford a gym at all.
  • akmom919
    akmom919 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm one of the lucky ones who works for a university with a facility for employees. I think it is $27 a month, but if you go 100 times a year, your membership is free. Plus it is located in my building so I have no excuses.