St Patty's Day Challenge - January 2011 Thread

Options

Replies

• sheilabennett
    Options
    Ok this weeks exercise challenge is gonna be a toughy for me.... I am going to have to think of something. I go to the gym daily AND do exercise videos!

the food one is gonna be a piece of cake though! i don't eat a lot of processed foods!!
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    I've made Wed. my no packaged food day.

Today, I finally went to the gym and tried a Yoga class. I made myself go to the other side of the room, away from the door so I wouldnt be able to walk out during class. LOL...It was much better than the boring DVDs and was not as difficult as I thought it was going to be. Of course I wasnt able to stand on my head like a couple of the other ladies in the class but I think I did pretty good for my first time. Also, the instructor and one of the ladies in class said this was an intermediate/advanced class. So, kudos to me for making it through the 1 hour class. :drinker: (water) The downside is that you dont burn alot of calories. I burned about 180 cals during the 1 hour class. My goal is to start doing Yoga at least once a week.
  • brenott
    brenott Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I finally found and bought the Zumba for Wii and it's a blast. Of course, at over 200 lbs, my body does not exactly move like the girl on the screen, but after 20 minutes, my hair was drenched. I always like to base a workout on the weat factor...
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I finally saw a loss this morning!!! The first one this year!! :) 208.6
  • velvetechos
    Options
    life1979_24 - Hope you have a great time in Texas :)

sheilabennet - Maybe try a new class at the gym? :)

loveme445 - Woo, what's on the menu for Wednesday? Yoga itself doesn't burn a lot of calories, but once you're familiar with the moves, try googling some good cardio-yoga videos. I've had some good workouts with those! Also, the toning and strengthening will build muscle, which will definitely rev your metabolism. :)

brenott - I'm glad to hear your liked Zumba for the Wii! I've been wanting to check that out, but I wasn't sure if it'd be good for someone that has no experience with Zumba. Do you think it'd be good for a beginner?

o-malley - Yay!!!!! Excited for you!!!
  • brenott
    Options
    I'm glad to hear your liked Zumba for the Wii! I've been wanting to check that out, but I wasn't sure if it'd be good for someone that has no experience with Zumba. Do you think it'd be good for a beginner?

It has a tutorial, so it teaches you the basics of all the steps. But the game itself moves pretty fast, so don't expect to ever look like the instructors. It's just fun, expecially in the privacy of your living room where no one can see you. My shins and calves burned afterwards, so if you have problems with those areas, or your knees, it might not be for you.
  • AmandaR910
    Options
    Hey everyone!!

I couldn't do it, I gave in and weighed in this morning (I did make it 48 hours lol). 191.0lbs!!!!

36.6lbs gone and now officially onto losing baby weight from my first son (all 35lbs from my son born 4 weeks ago-GONE!).

Anyways, I'm thrilled!! I still have 41lbs to go, about 22lbs from my first son, to get my my normal, healthy weight (168lbs at 5'10") before my first son and 18lbs more to get my goal weight (150lbs at 5'10").
  • loveme445
    Options
    Well, today was my NO PACKAGED FOOD Day. I think I did pretty good.

Breakfast: English muffin with cheese, green tea & Banana

Lunch: Homemade Turkey Pepperoni & Spinach Pizza & Chocolate Milk

Dinner: Baked Tilapia, Broccoli, Corn, Brown Rice & an Apple

I normally have snacks but I was busy today and didnt want to snack on anything from a package.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    ok, this week has been horrible for me. I was too cocky I guess. I have been eating HORRIBLE foods and I have not worked out since Monday, and have no intention of working out today or tomorrow...

However, I have decided on my new exercise. I am going to get Zumba and Just Dance 2 for the Wii today. Everyone has been talking about them, so i thought I would give them a try.

Hope everyone else is having abetter week than I!
  • margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! :)
    How is everybody doing?
    I'm doing ok, this stupid platau I'm on is making me mad! But my miles goal is keeping me going. Atleast I can control that part :)
  • poeticpurl
    poeticpurl Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I am not doing so hot on the challenges this week. It does not help that I spent two days with family at the hospital...Hospital food really is not that great for you.

I walked a total of 5 miles just going from one place to another inside the hosp. But no really excersise. Now I am back at home and need to really do something.

Best luck all.
  • velvetechos
    Options
    Amanda - good for you :) You'll blast through that baby weight in NO time!

loveme445 - that sounds like such a yummy day! Do you do your pizza crust from scratch? I've tried a few different recipes, but I'm always on the lookout for a healthy pizza recipe!

sheilabennet - sometimes we all need a relaxing week, no shame in that! Everyone is talking about wii zumba, I'm convinced I've got to try it out!

o_malley - I'm thinking I'm stuck in a bit of a plateau as well. I was kicking butt at Christmas, then TOM week, and I weighed today just to peek before tomorrow and I still haven't shifted. I am BUMMED OUT! I think I'm losing inches though, because clothes is feeling looser than at Christmas, so maybe it's muscle mass.

poeticpurl - I hope the hospital stuff ended up well and was nothing too serious! And yes, isn't it interesting how somewhere hat really should have good nutritious food, often ends up fried or covered in gravy?!?
  • loveme445
    Options

loveme445 - that sounds like such a yummy day! Do you do your pizza crust from scratch? I've tried a few different recipes, but I'm always on the lookout for a healthy pizza recipe!

No, I use a wheat tortilla or pita. I said homemade because I didnt want ppl to think it was take-out or frozen.:smile:
  • brenott
    Options
    Just weighed myself and I'm 2.3 down, to 217.3 - WAHOO.

But I missed my goal :ohwell: , so I guess I better adjust my goals...
  • aholtz1
    aholtz1 Posts: 27
    Options
    hey Everyone,

I am super excited I have left the 200's!!!!!! I am SUPER excited!!!

CW 199.6

I am about .6lbs away from my first Mini Goal!!!!!
  • esorcel
    esorcel Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I weigh 149 pounds this morning. So far, I have lost 3 pounds in total.
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    183 for me :( Its my own fault though. Picked up Just Dance 2 for the Wii last night... but everywhere seems to be sold out of Zumba. I am on a bunch of lists though so should get it soon!..

Back on track for me tomorrow!!
  • husstler
    husstler Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's been a rough week - I've had a horrible head cold since Monday so, besides walking my dog 5 - 6 times a day, I got little to no exercise. I guess I'm satisfied with a .9 loss this week bringing me down to 238.4. I don't usually eat a lot of packaged foods so I did well with that this past week but I did not add any new exercise. Looking forward to a new week and a clear head. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • loveme445
    Options
    OMG! Im sooooo excited! I finally hit my half way goal, well actually I passed it up. My goal was to reach 185 by Dec 31st. Today I weighed in @ 183.8. Im 2 weeks late but hey it was the Holidays so I guess I get a pass :wink:
  • loveme445
    Options
    hey Everyone,

I am super excited I have left the 200's!!!!!! I am SUPER excited!!!

CW 199.6

I am about .6lbs away from my first Mini Goal!!!!!

CONGRATS ON MAKING IT TO ONEDERLAND! :drinker: