Your biggest fat secret.

Options

Replies

• EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I would order takeout and say "we would like".. instead of "i would like" so they didn't know I was ordering enough "food for 4" just for me!

yep, I did this, too..

Also, I realize now how much food I was hiding from my family. I would eat at work, again on the way home.... And then pretend like I hadnt eaten a thing all day and was starving for dinner. I did that pretty much daily. The weird thing is, I still find myself hiding food even though I shouldnt be ashamed of the amount I eat anymore, I guess its just a habit :ohwell:
  • CupcakesMom2
    CupcakesMom2 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I also would eat a whole package of cheese at one sitting. I would cut off one small piece at a time and with every mouthful lie to myself that it was the last piece I would cut off, and then I would cut off another piece and eat it until there was no more left.

I ate cream cheese out of the container by itself when I ran out of cheese.

I'm finding reading this thread and posting my fat secrets (that probably wasn't really much of a secret, everyone else in the house could see what was missing from the refrigerator) very liberating.
  • GC527
    GC527 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am afraid to sit on anything. I just KNOW I will break it. It may not have happened yet, but it's a huge fear. A house party? You can bet your *kitten* I'm standing in a corner to avoid smashing the world with my *kitten*... One piece of furniture at a time.
  • Keepcalmanddontblink
    Keepcalmanddontblink Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I used to go by myself to the drive thru and always get 2 drinks so that the cashiers wouldn't think all that food was for me.

I've never done that, but I would say another one of my "fat secrets" is going to 2-3 different fast food places to create the perfect meal. Even if I just got 1 small item at each place I still felt very sheepish about it, and I remember kind of hiding the bag from one place when I'd be in the drive thru of the second or third.
    For me it was McDonalds fries, Burger King whopper, and a large Wendy's frosty. All three places where located at one intersection down the road from my house.
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I could eat a bag of chips in one sitting.
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I've never had a "fat secret" is that really a thing?

I'll share am embarassing fact, though: I used to swing by Wendy's every night on my way home from work and get a large order of fries. As a snack. Sometimes a large Frosty, too. And then I'd chug on home and make a huge pasta dinner and eat it all.

That was never really a secret, though, so I'm not sure if it counts. :ohwell:

frosty and fries...mmmm I miss that! I would order a large fry and a large frosty and dip away. Salty sweet goodness right there. Now that i'm logging a few times I've ordered a jr. frosty and a small fry just to cut back on calories.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I could eat a bag of chips in one sitting.

Rookie. :tongue: :laugh:
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I had a draw full of the same underwear. They are black and same brand and style.
    They were the only underwear that would stay up over my fat stomach and they were the only underwear that I could find that fit without looking like I was wearing a bog catcher haha!
    This (excluding the bit about the bog catcher because I don't know what it is)
  • RaspberryKeytoneBoondoggle
    Options
    It's that damn deficit! Even though I know it works, every now and then I pretend that something else will help.

Oh. Edited to say I didn't read anything in this thread before I posted. :blushing: :embarassed:

I'm pretty sure I can eat more than most people in one sitting, even if they are bigger than I.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Without the combination of vaseline and talcum powder life as a morbidly obese is impossible. Thankfully this is no longer the case.

I once weighed 307 lb as a 5'8" woman and have no idea what you would even do with those items.
    I don't know about you, but thigh rub was awful!! A lot of chafing going on when you are heavier. Those were items I used to help keep the chub rub to a minimum.

I didn't get that, surprisingly since I do have big thighs then of course and even now. But I started seeing a tiny bit of thigh gap when wearing pants (not a goal of mine) around 185-190 lb...not even kidding...so maybe it's how I am built or something, that kept me from chafing. Dunno.
  • shiningpotential
    Options
    I would routinely get "road burgers" and eat on the road between home and work. Maybe a McChicken and a double cheeseburger. Or maybe two breakfast sandwiches, because one isn't enough, ya know? 2-3 doughnuts from the convenience store in the morning, or maybe several snacks in the evening: let's say PB cups, and Bugles, and, oh maybe Swiss Cake Rolls. I would eat all this and then eat a normal dinner with the family.

I would usually try to buy these with cash, or else put them on a scrip card we get through our kids' school, or else buy them when I got gas. That way the expense was hidden from Mrs Jruzer. I'd usually hide the evidence under the seats or throw it out before I got home.

As much as I can't believe I used to eat like that, even now "Fat Jruzer" would like to do it again. Mmm, burger...

I seriously used to do exactly this. From buying it with cash, to disposing of the evidence, to eating a normal meal with the family. I'd even chew gum to get rid of Taco Bell breath or whatever I'd had to eat.
  • pierremignon
    pierremignon Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'd sneak into the kitchen at almost every top of the hour to have a bite on whatever food is in there + a "spoonful" of rice (and by that I meant a quarter of a cup). So by the end of the day I've eaten at least 5 cups of rice. Good times.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Oh lawd the chafing. Whenever I went to work (when bartending and waitressing because we ran around like crazy), or went to karate class. Even now if i take walks as a workout cuz i cant make it to the gym.... my thighs. Omg. Gold bond powder has become my best friend. There have been nights where I would literally waddle to bed. I still keep a smaller bottle of powder in my purse just in case.. >_<!

I suppose another secret would be the amount of painkillers I've taken in my lifetime because of pain from my weight. Ever since I ruptured the disc in my back my health has gone downhill. It got to the point where I couldn't work out, couldn't go to my job etc without popping a vicodin or perc. Never in excess, but my joint pain is so bad I'd usually take one before work, one during, and one on the way home. When I was waitressing I'd have coworkers comment about how I could "work pretty quick for a larger person"....little did they know what was fueling me Lol.

I was also one of those people that would fast food shop. Typically I'd be craving something fishy from long john silvers, but i also wanted the apple empanada at taco bell, and the sweet tea or caramel frapp at mcdonalds. So I'd just sheepishly go to all three places. I checked out my bank statement one month and realized like 85% of my spending was on restaurants and fast food. Eek.

I used to keep huge amounts of snack cakes and candy hidden in my dresser. I had 7 younger siblings so eventually this secret was no longer a secret and I'd occasionally be embarrassed by one of them asking for "one of my hidden treats" in front of a friend of mine I had over or a boyfriend etc.... And of course there were the times where I'd have an argument with a sibling and their end-all comeback would be something like "AT LEAST I DONT HORDE JUNK FOOD FATTY"

MOVIE THEATERS. I would go to the grocery store, grab a bunch of crap and go to the self check out to avoid the humiliation of being a fat person buying that much money worth of snacks. Then i'd stuff it into my purse or backpack and bring it into the theater.
  • comrade_questions
    comrade_questions Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I refuse to buy new ABU pants. The ones they issued me at basic training are the equivalent of a women's US size 6 and I can barely button the top button. I've had them for two years.

They were issued to me when I weighed 130 pounds and since I graduated basic I've been 143-149.

If I don't buy new ones, I HAVE to lose the weight. ...Right? #logic
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    My mom put me on the Adkins diet when I was 8. When you do Adkins, you have to pee on these little strips of paper and it would tell you if you were within the guidelines of eating like they wanted you, I was 8, I did not do what the book and my mom told me. So, most of the time, my stick was pure white instead of the lovely shade of purple she so desired and I would be punished, she was inventive with her punishments so I hated them. I took a purple marker into the powder room with me and painted the sticks purple so she would leave me the heck alone...........

And thus that is where my diet disaster that has spanned my whole freaking life began

:(

I'm so sorry sweetie... You Mom may have been a fine person in many other regards, but on this she was just wrong on levels she couldn't even conceive of. (Maybe that's the thing to focus on... I'm sure she had no understanding of what a truly bad idea was and thought it was "for your own good")

Aside from that My Mom had been on Atkins and while many people swear by it. I believe it to be fundamentally unhealthy. Sure my Mom dropped weight, but she was so sick the whole time she had no quality of life. I don't believe adults should be on this diet let alone children...

(Okay, sorry to all you folks who swear by Atkins, I understand I may be making unfair judgments, but my personal experience of watching my Mom so sick and miserable has certainly prejudiced me against it. I can't say I've researched the details of the plan as an adult. She was under a doctor's guidance, maybe he didn't execute it properly... I don't know. I just know >>>shivers<<<<< ew!)
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    You know that BUFFET stands for Big Ugly Fat Friends Eating Together. LOL! I'm just as guilty. I have a long ways to go but I have to stay away from buffets because I still don't have the will power to say NO to eating too much in those situations. I had a weight watchers instructor say to the group that we could go to the buffets, but remember there are 2 choices. One, pay and the counter, or two, pay at the scale when you check in. Your choice. So it's hard to fork out the money for all you can eat and then limit yourself. PS... My favorite fat story is wearing a pair of "spanks", (tight girdle) under a short skirt to a concert at the fair in the HOT summer time and when I had to go to the bathroom and peel that sucker back up, my hands kept breaking free from the material and wacking the metal bathroom wall. I sat and laughed in frustration. I sounded like I was wresting an alligator in there.

LOL, I have been there, before I lost 100 pounds and even recently after 100 pounds.
  • Novus175
    Novus175 Posts: 80
    Options
    I dare anyone to top this disgusting little secret......

When I worked as a waitress and bussed tables I would wrap up uneaten food in napkins and tuck it in my apron pocket. Then I would go in the bathroom to eat it.

:noway: :embarassed: :sick:
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    If I had to choose between sex and food. i'd pick food :(

you can have sex and eat too;)
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    My mom put me on the Adkins diet when I was 8. When you do Adkins, you have to pee on these little strips of paper and it would tell you if you were within the guidelines of eating like they wanted you, I was 8, I did not do what the book and my mom told me. So, most of the time, my stick was pure white instead of the lovely shade of purple she so desired and I would be punished, she was inventive with her punishments so I hated them. I took a purple marker into the powder room with me and painted the sticks purple so she would leave me the heck alone...........

And thus that is where my diet disaster that has spanned my whole freaking life began

:(

I'm so sorry sweetie... You Mom may have been a fine person in many other regards, but on this she was just wrong on levels she couldn't even conceive of. (Maybe that's the thing to focus on... I'm sure she had no understanding of what a truly bad idea was and thought it was "for your own good")

Aside from that My Mom had been on Atkins and while many people swear by it. I believe it to be fundamentally unhealthy. Sure my Mom dropped weight, but she was so sick the whole time she had no quality of life. I don't believe adults should be on this diet let alone children...

(Okay, sorry to all you folks who swear by Atkins, I understand I may be making unfair judgments, but my personal experience of watching my Mom so sick and miserable has certainly prejudiced me against it. I can't say I've researched the details of the plan as an adult. She was under a doctor's guidance, maybe he didn't execute it properly... I don't know. I just know >>>shivers<<<<< ew!)

Lmao
  • ge105
    ge105 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I'd steal my collage roommates chocolate. Pretty sure she knew though...pretty embarrassed about that now.