Is there anyone NICE!?

Options

Replies

• kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I've been on MFP for years, just on different accounts. Every time I go on a post, I always see that one mean person. You can't even ask a question on here without someone telling you how you feel or telling you about your own life.

I don't need a counselor, telling me what I should do with my life; I already have one.

So why is everyone so mean? Or trying to tell ME how I feel??!

Please don't be rude on this post, I am just looking for NICE people.

I don't need a "congrats" everyday, just want to see other people and how their doing with their progress :)

18 years old, going to college in Fall
    SW:220
    CW:213.6
    GW:198 (for now)

So if you're nice, I will add/accept. Everyone needs a good friend on here. :)
    :blushing: :flowerforyou: :love: :smile:
    **And I am sure I am not the only person who feels this way**

I have seen mean people here, but they usually get smacked down and booted pretty quickly by the mods.

I have to admit, I am amused by the irony of someone who openly admits to having misrepresented herself on this site for years lecturing the community at large on proper behavior.

I literally just came back like 2 days ago.. and pretty much every thread I read.. there are people bashing others and making fun of them for what they are or not doing. I never used to see this about 5 years ago. This is supposed to be a place where people get information and advice.. but all I see is gif's making fun of people.

If someone is legitimately bashing someone, use the report feature and the mods will handle it. The CG are clear as to what is and is not acceptable behavior. Having a differing opinion, or saying something a person disagrees with or does not want to hear, does not violate those guidelines and is what a majority of these "mean people" threads are about. If you re-read the OP, this post clearly falls into that category.
  • mattack
    mattack Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    There is one in every crowd.
  • LotusAsh
    LotusAsh Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    a5d4O6N_460sa_v1_zps59ded627.gif
  • addiepray80
    addiepray80 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Everyone is starving and cranky! Eating at a calorie deficit sucks!

Lol! This!
  • LifeOfBrian78
    LifeOfBrian78 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a really nice person. Many of my friends who are considered "mean" on here are very nice people. Maybe people should stop focusing on tone and presentation and more on the words in the post. The knowledge and help that is often overlooked by defensive feelings.

I'm sorry if people were mean to you, OP, but please keep and open mind and try and take what people say with a grain of salt and read the truth in the comments and not the harshness that sometimes comes with direct, blunt advice.

Good luck OP. I hope you make your goals!

tumblr_lxtd14Qo741r98rqco1_400.gif

Listen to her (and Dave Grohl) there is much wisdom in her post.

Simon-Pegg-Laugh-Chuckle-Thumbs-Up-Gif.gif

tumblr_inline_mgharwXaaz1r05my7.gif

dave-grohl-o.gif
  • Leather_N_Lace
    Leather_N_Lace Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I am sure that I have more than a handful of these "mean" people on my FL...
    They are probably some of the most genuine, sincere and motivational people in my life right now.

I don't need anyone to sugar coat anything for me. If I try something out or have an idea to do something that may potentially not be safe for me, I EXPECT them to hold me accountable and to be direct with me.

I'm not here to have my hand held and for sideline cheerleaders. I'm here to learn from people who have succeeded, have educated themselves and have no problem sharing their experiences.

Don't confuse directness with meanness. There is a lot of interpretation that can be implied when typing out a message.
  • Penderfynol08
    Penderfynol08 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Before I start, I was 16 when I first came on this - yeah, I lied and maybe the OP did too. It happens.

Anyway, hi! I'm 19 yo so it'd be cool to have someone close to my age to chat to. I've joined a Slimming World group but everyone's in their 50s and keep telling me I haven't been through anything yet and don't know anything. Not exactly what I wanted from a group but there we go!

Feel free to add me :)
  • bamagrits15
    bamagrits15 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    From the Getting Started post "So you're new here"

10. Take the information on the forums with a grain of salt. A lot of people that have been here for a while.. and have been successful, may seem jaded. They give out GREAT advice day after day, only to be met with people that refuse to listen.

My final thought is why care if people online are mean? I get wanting support. That's why most people are here. But seriously if someone is mean who gives a crap? Personally there are very few people who I would ever let get to me over how they treat me.
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options

Lol! This!
    Not everyone on this site is here to lose weight.... :huh:
  • bannedword
    bannedword Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I literally just came back like 2 days ago.. and pretty much every thread I read.. there are people bashing others and making fun of them for what they are or not doing. I never used to see this about 5 years ago. This is supposed to be a place where people get information and advice.. but all I see is gif's making fun of people.

Why do people insist that this "is supposed to be a place where people get information and advice"? It's the internet, dude.
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Important rules for introducing yourself to new people:

Do not immediately start judging the people you are trying to engage

Don't come in to the room talking about how you have been breaking the rules of the room for years

Don't make up new rules for the people who have been in the room for ages

You're welcome.
  • maz504
    maz504 Posts: 450
    Options

Why do people insist that this "is supposed to be a place where people get information and advice"? It's the internet, dude.

THANK YOU :drinker:
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    461354.jpg
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I'm only nice if you hand me Talenti. But be careful, I bite.

Especially if you have Talenti.
    Bahaha:flowerforyou:

But...Where's my Talenti?
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    From the Getting Started post "So you're new here"

10. Take the information on the forums with a grain of salt. A lot of people that have been here for a while.. and have been successful, may seem jaded. They give out GREAT advice day after day, only to be met with people that refuse to listen.

My final thought is why care if people online are mean? I get wanting support. That's why most people are here. But seriously if someone is mean who gives a crap? Personally there are very few people who I would ever let get to me over how they treat me.

This ^^
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

LOL yup that's probably it :D

False. I am, in fact, bulking. Calorie surplus just makes me a little less mean. YOU cant solve me. Imma puzzle wif missing pieces!!!! And...NO TALENTI
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Whose mean?? where are they hiding?

I can never find anyone mean

**kicks rocks**

I know right?!?! If all you find on here is mean people, you're doing it wrong.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    It's the internet, half the people are jerks and half the people will give money to total strangers. then there are those of us that are both.
  • Cara2628
    Cara2628 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have experienced the same thing many times...thats usually why I don't post topics on here :P I am 20 years old, feel free to add me! I promise I won't be rude :P
This discussion has been closed.