30 Day Shred Starting Monday, January 10th, 2011

Options

Replies

• misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    L1D5 is done. Pulled something in my thigh....feels kinda odd. Will see what tomorrow brings. Other than that feeling pretty good! Great job to everyone who is hanging in there!:wink:
  • luvmy3kidz
    Options
    I cheated BIG time! I knew I had to mitigate the damage I caused somehow. So I decided to forego the evening's 30 Day Shred and bust out the P90X Kenpo. I finished the entire workout by imagining punching and kicking away heaping plates of my dad's potatoes & onions and dangling chops.

Cheaters NEVER win. :embarassed:
    And I'm wrecked with guilt and can't sleep. :frown:
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over it. Everyone slips up. No big deal. Nothing to feel guilty about and lose sleep over. Acknowledge that you slipped and move on. You CAN do it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • mnheather
    mnheather Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    L1D6 done. I really didn't want to do it this morning, but I hauled my lazy butt out of the chair and made it through. I am getting a bit better at the moves. Though the extra jiggle I have when doing jumping jacks, really bugs me. I stop jumping and the rolls stop a second or two later. :laugh:
  • mbnharrison
    mbnharrison Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I started a couple of days earlier than the 10th but I'm on this journey with all of you! Hope you're seeing big results!
  • brittknits
    Options
    L1Day2 complete! I didn't Shred yesterday because I was very sore, but I did walk the dog! Was a bit sore today, but I was able to do more in the workout than I did Thursday. yeah!
  • BeckyJill7
    BeckyJill7 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    L1D6- woo hoo!!! I drank a bit much last night so I wasn't sure I was going to do anything today! I woke up and took my butt to the basement and just did it. Thank goodness for accountability. Happy Saturday to all!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    L1D7 DONE
    I took a much needed break yesterday.
  • misskimlilac
    misskimlilac Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    So I decided to mix things up a bit and see if I can get things going with this weight loss, after my workout last night I got up this am and did the workout again. Officially L1D6 is in the can but it was extremely hard this morning besides the fact I turned off the volume because I thougt if I heard Jillian say "dont phone it in" or call the girls her "buddies" I might crack:ohwell: Anyways, so my master plan about ramping it up this weekend....I am going to try to do it again tonight. We will see what happens. It certainly can't hurt me to do her workouts twice a day, right? Wish me luck! Btw, I am still just petering along with weight loss, a lot of you were too earlier in the week, is this still true for you guys?
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I have a question.... Are we really suposed to be doing this for 30 consecutive days? I always thought it was good to give you body some rest, even if it's just 1 or 2 days a week. I'm fine with doing it the full 30 consecutive days if that's what your supposed to do, but just wondering what others think, and how you are going to get excersise in AFTER the 30 days is up with Jillian. On my "profile" I filled out when I started MFP last week, I put that I wanted to lose 1.5 lbs a week, and exersise for 30 min 3 days a week. I was already over in calories burned for the week on Wednesday, I'm just wondering if I'm being to hard on my body, especially since this is all new to me.

I tried to find some info online about this question :) I was wondering the same thing, because typically when you do strength training you rest the muscles for a day. From what i've read it's 30 consecutive days, however, if you feel you need a rest then by all means take a rest day. That is basically what everyone in other threads, discussion boards and fitness groups were suggesting :) Hope that helps! As for what i'm going to do after the 30 days is up, I'll probably try out a new workout, like finishing Turbo Fire series :D
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Finished up Lvl 1 D6 today. I felt much stronger doing the cardio today, and I guess I was able to push myself more because my max hr was up :) Hope everyone is having a good work out day! :)
  • jojuvanlaanen
    jojuvanlaanen Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    So I decided to mix things up a bit and see if I can get things going with this weight loss, after my workout last night I got up this am and did the workout again. Officially L1D6 is in the can but it was extremely hard this morning besides the fact I turned off the volume because I thougt if I heard Jillian say "dont phone it in" or call the girls her "buddies" I might crack:ohwell: Anyways, so my master plan about ramping it up this weekend....I am going to try to do it again tonight. We will see what happens. It certainly can't hurt me to do her workouts twice a day, right? Wish me luck! Btw, I am still just petering along with weight loss, a lot of you were too earlier in the week, is this still true for you guys?

HAHA! It cracks me up in the beginning of the workout she walks out with them and says "so you think you can handle this? Really? Ok... we'll see!" I laugh every time!
  • lorinjer
    lorinjer Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    did level 1 day 6 today!! Didn't think I would do it since hubby was home but I did and so happy I did!!. How do you gusy measure your waist and hips? I measure my hips around where my hip is (if there wasnt so much fat on it. :).......) and I measure my waist about 2 inches or so above my belly button. Its the smallest part of me.
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    L1 Day 6 complete! Yay! I've found that switching to the 5 lb weights the other day has made my biceps so sore. While my legs feel great now, my arms... ouch!! Day 6 felt great, except for one thing I have to confess. I couldn't make it through all of the bicep curls. I'd done awesome with that Days 1-5, but my arms hurt so bad! Oh, well. I still have 4 more days before Level 2. :smile:

@lorinjer: I'm not sure what everyone else is doing, but I measure my hips at the widest part and my waist at the smallest part. I also do an extra measurement right at my belly button. (Not sure if that would be hips or waist...) The more measurments to watch getting smaller, the better is the way I see it. :laugh:

Hope everyone's had a great Saturday! Have a great rest of the weekend!!
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    Completed L1D3.
  • naturalbeauty47
    Options
    Completed L1D6 today and although my endurance is better I still take short breaks during the jumping jacks because my legs start hurting. I can get through the warm-up jumping jacks but the next set during the cardio interval really gets to my legs. I think I need a better shoe. Any suggestions?
  • DinahD144
    DinahD144 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just completed L1D5. I didn't plan my time very well and didn't get a workout in. It was soooo hard to motivate myself to do it today, and when I did it was SO HARD! It was almost as hard for me to get through as day 1. I guess that'll convince me not to take a day off again! And just when I didn't have any muscle aches anymore...
  • luvmy3kidz
    Options
    L1D6 complete! I feel awesome. I actually used my fives for all but the side lunges. This fits so perfectly in my day.

Way to go Shredders!
  • LeahAnn87
    Options
    So I haven't done the shred for the past two days. Friday I was gone for my mom's 60th birthday party and wasn't home all day. Then this morning I wanted to try my new Biggest Loser game for the Kinect. I feel really behind, but at least I did something this morning. Back to the shred tomorrow!
  • jessicakay1202
    Options
    I want to join too!! I just bought it tonight!!! I've heard really good things about it!