Anyone in their 40's?

Replies

• kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Hey darlin, 41 here...feel free to add me.
  • wanderlustre72
    wanderlustre72 Posts: 39 Member
    nearly 42 - happy to be added :-) xxx
  • vickymva
    vickymva Posts: 46 Member
    Hi, from Trinidad in the Caribbean. I am a 46 yr old Mom of 3 ages 21, 16 and 9. I woke up about 2 months ago and realised that I have let life pass me by and basically wasted it. For 21 years I have not looked after myself. I have become a hermit not wanting to go out and hiding from people.
    I think I am having a midlife crisis.
    Also looking for friends in their 40's
  • Hi, in mid 40's! Anyone can add me! Mainly into running!
  • MuscleHeadNerd74
    MuscleHeadNerd74 Posts: 1,930 Member
    just turned 40 in May, you can add if you like, I be more than happy to help I read alot on fitness and nutrition
  • ProfessorOwl
    ProfessorOwl Posts: 312 Member
    I'm 43 and here every day. I do a lot of running and swimming.
  • JustFindingMe
    JustFindingMe Posts: 390 Member
    Im 40 as well! Im about a week and a half in and I feel really good. Ive got 35 lbs to lose and would love all the support I can get too! Im not a very active person, from an excersize standpoint, so this is a brand new lifestyle change. Ive also just started a strength/weight training program - SO excited!

Add me if you like :smile:
  • machja3
    machja3 Posts: 1 Member
    I just turned 40!
  • siminske
    siminske Posts: 35 Member
    I am 45, and I have lost 49 pounds since March. Add me if you like, I want to get down to 225 (or another15 pounds) by Christmas.
  • Lilylee757
    Lilylee757 Posts: 192 Member
    46 here!
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    41....will be 42 in October....feel free to add me. I feel your pain!!!!!!! I am down 12.6 pounds and want to lose another 11 by then end of the year.
  • ChefSteveUrso
    ChefSteveUrso Posts: 84 Member
    I'm 48 and lost 43pounds since April, I lost 10 before signing up on MFP so my weight loss ticker is inaccurate. That drives me crazy, I need to find out how to fix it.

Any way I'm losing weight easier than ever by maintaining (most of the time) an alkaline urine/saliva PH. I do this by eating lots of fresh veggies, cut out the sugar and simple carbs, I eat 3-4 oz portions of animal protein when I eat it, only eat whole grains, and I take mineral supplements calcium, potassium, and magnesium to help stay alkaline.

I cut my calories to 1200-1600 most days. Of course I cheat, I'm not a robot but it's working. I bought into the slow metabolism/age thing at one time also, but eating healthy non processed food, exercise and cutting calories squashed that myth for me.

For exercise I take it easy. I ride my bike to the beach 8-10 mile (700 cal. burn) round trip depending on my route, around 50 miles per week. When I get to the beach I go snorkeling as my reward, I don't know how many cal. burned doing that. And I also do Qi Gong, which is kind of like Tai Chi, but better for health and longevity. Funny thing is that Qi Gong actually slows your metabolism for the same reasons, optimum health, reverse symptoms of aging, and longevity. Add me as a friend, I have lots of tasty recipes that I'll share, and encouraging words. Good Luck!
  • johnprimeaux
    johnprimeaux Posts: 34 Member
    I am 47 and proud...read my introduction and it will tell you about my goals and exercise plan. I read it daily to encourage myself. I would appreciate any encouragement any of you may have to offer in return!
  • ChefSteveUrso
    ChefSteveUrso Posts: 84 Member
    Hi, from Trinidad in the Caribbean. I am a 46 yr old Mom of 3 ages 21, 16 and 9. I woke up about 2 months ago and realised that I have let life pass me by and basically wasted it. For 21 years I have not looked after myself. I have become a hermit not wanting to go out and hiding from people.
    I think I am having a midlife crisis.
    Also looking for friends in their 40's

I read your post this morning on. It made me sad to here you say that you've wasted the last 21 years, because I have had the same thoughts, and probably depression. Guess what? you're normal. But realize that you still have plenty of time to let yourself be happy, and to look after yourself by eating healthy natural foods and finding some enjoyable activities, possibly bike riding or tennis. Do an exercise that you like. Start with walking, if you can, walk 2 miles a day on the beach or next to the beach. If 2 miles is to much at first walk 20 minutes or even 10 minutes, and build up from there. That's exactly what I did and I've lost 43 pounds since April. Light exercise also really helped me get over the blues.

But more important is not to dwell on lost years anymore, only look forward. When you do look back try to only think of good memories. If you let yourself focus on the negative things it will drag you down and steal your joy every time.

You could live to 90 or older, so that means you have half of your life left to enjoy and find your purpose in life. Raising kids is a good thing, but there has to be more to life than just that. Right? Getting happy and healthy can be your purpose right now, but for the long term ask yourself what would really make you happy, and then take small steps towards that dream. It's never to late to follow a dream. You can add me as a friend if you like. Chin up, and Stay positive:wink
  • lmoor73
    lmoor73 Posts: 1
    I am a mom who will be 41 next month. I started working out in march of last year then stopped for a while and started back up in september of last year. I am back on it and continuing and trying to stay on track. So far since September i lost 22 pounds. since i started this tracker i lost about 6 pounds. It s really been fun working out i see changes. I workout twice a day in the morning and afternoon on weekdays. On the weekends i workout once for 60 minutes. weekdays i workout 30-40 minutes each. I have 50 more punds to go.
  • wyldecane
    wyldecane Posts: 43
    44 here... down 40+ pounds... Looking to be in better shape at 45 than I was at 18!
  • MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    40 here too! I feel just as good, if not better than I did in my 20's. Hubby even said he thinks my body is better now than it was then! :love: When I was younger I just focused on the scale...now that I am older and wiser (maybe:laugh: ) I try to focus on hitting my macros and a good combination of cardio and weights.

I lost about 20 lbs and have been maintaining for about 5 months or so. I love to eat and enjoy my adult beverages on occasion, so its nice to have found a good balance. Its great to see so many other 40somethings reaching their goals! :drinker:
  • 49 here.. 100 lbs to lose (first major goal anyhow) and will be here for the long haul... log daily and diary is open... anyone feel free to add me... the more people i can encourage/motivate and can do the same for me sounds like a win
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Turned 40 in March:sad: current weight 167lbs and goal weight is 140lbs.

Shut up...stop crying....:wink:
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    42 sigh

puhlease.....you're barely in your forties.