dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Your a male!!!

...MALE!!!

EAT!!!
  • KaysKidz
    KaysKidz Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    PSS.....OP was a HS senior in 2012. Must not have passed math class, or got held back....a lot!
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Your a male!!!

...MALE!!!

EAT!!!

Crap, now I feel like I should eat more.
  • demac209
    demac209 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm doing it right now, about 1000 to 1200 a day for the most part no problems, I'm loosing 2 - 5 lbs a week I'm trying to go from 237 to about 185, My Doctor wanted me to go to 1500 a day and I told him I would even do better then that.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it right now, about 1000 to 1200 a day for the most part no problems, I'm loosing 2 - 5 lbs a week I'm trying to go from 237 to about 185, My Doctor wanted me to go to 1500 a day and I told him I would even do better then that.

Personally, I would argue your doctor was being a little ambitious with his calorie limit, but those 300-500 more calories make a huge difference in all kinds of things (and not just satiety, but also nutrition (potentially)).

You're a 237 pound, 35 yo man and you're eating 1000-1200 calories daily? And you think this is a good thing? I guess the good news is, you'll be at goal in just a few months. Will look forward to the inevitable update posts of your experience in 1) getting to, and 2) staying at goal.

*head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk* *head desk*
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

You need to rid yourself of the illusion that eating less is "better". I this case it most certainly isn't. You need to control your eating so you no longer overeat and you need to hit a small deficit so the pounds slowly come off, you do not need to attempt to starve yourself damaging your body in the process and likely becoming lethargic from lack of energy to the point where you eventually lose motivation and quit.
  • nanie112
    nanie112 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Would it be possible to lose 5 lbs a week on a 1400 cal diet ??
  • lemonsnowdrop
    lemonsnowdrop Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

No.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

If your TDEE was 4000 cal, I suppose...but it wouldn't be sustainable, would likely lead to an injury or general over-training malaise, and it wouldn't all be fat that's lost.

So I suppose the short answer is, yes, possible, but a Very Bad Idea™.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

It's been about a month since this post. Any updates for everyone?
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    Reading back through this thread hurt my feels.
  • bunnerfly
    bunnerfly Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. If it works for you, then do it! Just be aware of the consequences. For me, I always eat under 1000 calories. That gives me a good 300 calorie deficit everyday. :)
    I

I think you are confused about what a calorie deficit is. If you are supposed to eat 1300 calories and you only eat 1000, that doesn't give you a 300 cal deficit, that means you ate 300 calories below goal. Your deficit is probably more like 1200-1700.
  • doctorwho1234
    Options
    nope maybe around 2 to 3 pounds or less
  • ashgirl95
    ashgirl95 Posts: 48
    Options
    All these super low calorie goals that people are posting seriously frightens me.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

It's been about a month since this post. Any updates for everyone?

Quoting myself to bump my question...even though I'm relatively certain it won't be answered. demac209 made this one and only post and hasn't logged any progress at all. I don't foresee any updates forthcoming. Hope I'm wrong though.
  • wrongway1950
    Options
    Eating less is not the key. Move more and create the deficit. If I want to increase my weight loss I make sure I walk alot more (over 20000 steps) I do not decrease my calorie intake (dietician advised not to go below 1200 and eat less than 1500) I am not hungry and binging is not a problem any more.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    im anorexic and i want to know, how many pounds would you lose with a daily take in of 1000 calories.

This is a question best taken up with your doctor, counselor, or a dietitian (preferably one with experience in disordered eating).
  • ohhaiii_
    Options
    honestly you loose 1-2 pounds a week depends if you exercise to . i myself take alittle less than 1000 calories and i also do sports . And i do NOT feel tired or feel sick or feel like i need more food , i actually feel healthy . It also depends on the type of foods your eating . im a raw vegan . I actually have alot more energy i dont crave bad foods like i used to .
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    honestly you loose 1-2 pounds a week depends if you exercise to . i myself take alittle less than 1000 calories and i also do sports . And i do NOT feel tired or feel sick or feel like i need more food , i actually feel healthy . It also depends on the type of foods your eating . im a raw vegan . I actually have alot more energy i dont crave bad foods like i used to .
    it won't last.
    you're doing it wrong.
    very wrong.

I don't really care if this upsets you, but I'm telling you now for the benefit of anyone else that shows up and reads your advocacy of such a dangerous approach.

Let us know when your hair starts falling out... or how that bone density scan comes out a few years down the road.

I'll save you the trouble of worrying about it. Hint: Bad things will happen.

You're 18. You're doing it wrong, but I'm sure you're gonna disagree with that too... and that's very, very unfortunate.