Body Beast Women's Group!

Options

Replies

• ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I forgot how much I like Beast Cardio! And I actually look forward to PiYo afterwards now!
  • kel7298
    kel7298 Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    <
    since this is not conducive to P90X3.....a change in plans.... Back to Body Beast except "legs".

Oh no!!!!! What happened?

I tore a tendon in my ankle. Perhaps a blessing in disguise.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Happy Sunday ladies! Today is my rest day! Yeah!!!

Yesterday I opted to do something a bit different and instead of Beast Total Body, I did LMP Challenge and then PiYo Core! WOW! Talk about calorie burn!

Excited to lift tomorrow!!!!! Have a great day!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Ummm.......yesterday was Build Legs and I because I'm also doing PiYo, I switched up the calendar a bit and added in PiYo Buns to my workout! WOW!!!! Not only was it like the BEST leg workout ever but I burned a whopping 489 calories!!!! :bigsmile:

I am loving this combo! It feels good to really build muscle and then lean them out with PiYo! Does anyone else here have PiYo?

I hope you ladies are pushing play! How is everyone doing?

Debra
  • justasmidge
    Options
    Good Morning All,

I only recently found Body Beast and decided to give it a try. I think I have almost every fitness DVD set available - start but never seem to finish them. So I am hoping that I will actually stick with this one. I would guess if I start seeing results I will. So I attempted to start the beast on Monday - and found that with the limited equipment I have available to me due to home construction it was an absolute waste! I begged my husband to put my bench in our "family room" for this time - and decided I needed to get new weights just for me. We have a full set - but the lowest is 10lbs and they are metal. Trying to work with the lowest weight of 10 - would never stick with it.

SO my official start was Wednesday... I went out and bought a set of Powerblock weights to keep the equipment limited in my family room.

My thoughts on day 1 - I didn't find it difficult in any way. What I did find was "the beast" to be annoying with his commentary, the need to change my weights so often annoying (but I will get over that one), and by the end of Chest & Tri's my arms were soooooo tired. Today - I feel them but I am not so sore that I can't handle it. My trainer has been telling me for a long time I am a lot stronger than I realize - I guess the mental part gets in the way for me.

So Day 1 down - hoping I stick to this one.

Look forward to chatting on progress
  • ddavies919
    Options
    justasmidge: Welcome!!! I hope you stick with BB; I think you'll love it! Just don't get frustrated if/when you find the scale goes up because it might. Just keep going! This is normal. I'm glad you got the equipment you need; it'll make things much easier and I felt the same way about changing out the weights so quickly but I got used to it and I even just paused the DVD sometimes but it gets easier as you get to know what's coming up. You can also use the workout sheets too to help you along; it'll help you realize and see your progress! So stick with us girl!

Today I did Beast Cardio plus PiYo Buns and holy crap!!!!! It was a sweat fest! Great combo! Her buns workout almost beats Brazil Butt Lift's High & Tight! It's a close one! LOL

I hope you ladies are doing great! Keep pushing play!

Debra
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Beast Build Legs again today! I actually love having two leg days in a week! It's kind of a love/hate relationship but I am LOVING the results and the tightness and lifting I'm feeling in my tush! :bigsmile:

How are you ladies doing?

Later today, I'll be trying racquetball for the first time! I'm excited to try something new! Anyone ever played?

Keep at it and have a great weekend!
  • greeneyedmama81
    greeneyedmama81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! I was thinking about ordering this program while it's on sale. I still have about 100 pounds to lose. Would this be a good program? I really like lifting. I'm currently doing p90x3 and I like it a lot. I've done a few rounds of CLX and LMP as well. I get my cardio from swimming and running.
  • Smg248
    Smg248 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi! I was wondering the same thing as greeneyedmama. I have about 70 lbs to lose and was wondering if anyone has had a lot of success losing weight while on this program. I also like to lift and was thinking about not eating as many calories as suggested in the program and adding more cardio in.
  • foreternity1981
    foreternity1981 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Following :) I'm debating starting BB or CLX. I have about 40 lbs left to lose but I also run and I am trying to compliment my running with building muscle. That can only help, right?!

I would also love to have some MFP Friends who are into this type of program, so please feel free to add me :)

Thanks!
    Katie
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hello ladies! How is everyone doing? Today was Beast Cardio! Man, I love that workout! I also added in Turbo Fire abs, my favorite ab routine ever! I had scheduled also PiYo Hardcore On The Floor but with my wrist/hand issue, I just can't do anything that involves putting any pressure on it! It sucks and it's frustrating! Anyway, all said, I burned 415 calories so I'll take it!

To Katie, Smg248 and greeneyedmama: Body Beast is not your typical "weight loss" program. However, strength training is where it's at for losing body fat and building lean muscle! If you all love to lift, you will love Body Beast! It's also about your nutrition. And adding in any extra cardio is great! I am doing that myself. I am following the Lean version of Beast so I say if you're looking to lean down, you might want to choose that version of the program. And don't be afraid to lift heavy! You'll find that you'll get stronger and muscle burns fat ladies! So "go heavy or go home" as Chalene would say!

If I can answer any more questions for you ladies, holler! But, I say while it's on sale, get it!!!

Have a great day girls and beast up!

Debra
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'll be starting Body Beast 9/22 after I finish Insanity. Does anyone here follow a Paleo/Primal eating regimen while doing Body Beast? If so, what are your results. ?
  • Smg248
    Smg248 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks so much for the reply Debra!!! It was really helpful. I purchased the system so hopefully I will receive it soon so I can get started! Are you using a stability ball or a bench?
  • ddavies919
    Options
    I'll be starting Body Beast 9/22 after I finish Insanity. Does anyone here follow a Paleo/Primal eating regimen while doing Body Beast? If so, what are your results. ?

Welcome! I follow a partial paleo diet; I'm not strict about it but it can work. Are you currently following a paleo diet?
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Thanks so much for the reply Debra!!! It was really helpful. I purchased the system so hopefully I will receive it soon so I can get started! Are you using a stability ball or a bench?

Sure, no problem! It depends, sometimes I use the stability ball, sometimes the bench.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    I kicked my own *kitten* with my own workout today! I like to put myself through my clients' & members' workouts so I can not only feel their pain but it also helps me format routines. This one was a doozy! Feel free to try it! Remember, there's no magic pill here, just get up and move! Happy Friday!

3 Rounds (1:00 min on/30 sec off, 45/25, 30/15)

- Squats
    - KB Swings
    - Box Jumps
    - Roll Back/V Up Sit Up
    - Alt Lunges
    - In/Out Agility Ladder
    - Sumo Squat w/ weight
    - Burpees
    - Russian Twist
    - Wall Balls
    - Jacks
    - Plank
  • media2law
    Options
    Hi Ladies! So happy to have found this group. :) I am ordering BB on Friday and hope to start next week. I am so happy to start this program. Been on the fence for a while but the sale price got me. Lol!

Would you recommend the stability ball or a weight bench? I was told that either would work well but I am concerned about how stable the ball will be with heavier weights. Also: do you follow the nutrition plan? I think 2,000 caloiries would be much more than what I am doing now.

Thanks!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Hi Ladies! So happy to have found this group. :) I am ordering BB on Friday and hope to start next week. I am so happy to start this program. Been on the fence for a while but the sale price got me. Lol!

Would you recommend the stability ball or a weight bench? I was told that either would work well but I am concerned about how stable the ball will be with heavier weights. Also: do you follow the nutrition plan? I think 2,000 caloiries would be much more than what I am doing now.

Thanks!

Welcome!!! You will love Body Beast! Yes, either ball or weight bench will work. I use both, depending on the exercise. I don't follow the nutrition plan to a "T" but I do try to get my macros balanced; that's the hard part.
  • TrailNurse
    TrailNurse Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I just started BB today. I have been lifting heavy for about 2 years but I needed more structure so here I go.
  • Sarahsteve7kids
    Sarahsteve7kids Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I just started today too! Loved it! I have always enjoyed lifting so this is perfect for me!