Here are some of my tips!

Options

Replies

• paulaaah
    paulaaah Posts: 60
    Options
    Advisory on Green Tea - I have hypothyroidism and must take a synthyroid every morning. I replaced my coffee with Green Tea one morning - within an hour, I had bad shakes and nausea. Green Tea can react with synthyroid medication (I don't think everyone has the reaction - it is a case of each individual.)

Otherwise, thanks for the tips. I may or may not follow them.

I have a friend that cannot drink Green Tea since she was diagnosed with a blood clot and was on warfarin or something like that. Sounds life dangering to me.

That is rare I'm assuming and like I stated, if someone sees a tip that they know is going to harmful to them then they would obviously take the precaution in not following it.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    WELL I totally give up lol some have agreed, most have not. I was born 12/01/1994 and have never lied or changed my birthday so I suppose out of everything put on here, that was the most ridiculous. This is just what worked for me and I feel a lot of you are bothered because it's more extreme than just cutting down on calorie consumption. But again, this is just what worked for me. It's FINE if you don't want to do it, I never said this was the only way to lose weight. You people seriously need to relax and back off my age, sorry I wasn't born sooner??? I have no idea lol anyway sorry I was just trying to help, sheesh, this site is more discouraging than helpful for me. Again, none of my tips are harmful if you do decide to try it so stop attacking me as if I was putting anyone in danger. If any of tips had the possibility of being dangerous to someone, I'm sure they would recognize that immediately and not attempt it. Okay? OK.

You never lied..yet somehow you were able to create an underage account back in 2011?

Also, you keep saying you lost 60lbs healthily...except the part you left out about having an eating disorder (which you won't seek help for).

Do you really not see the contradiction in that?

I might have lied at the time to create my account because I was underage when I created the account but I am 19... I can't remember back to that exact day lol and I just recently developed a disorder because I just want these last stubborn pounds gone but when I first began my weight loss journey, I did purely by exercising and eating clean. 5-6 times a day. not after 7. preplanning my meals. and with tea. this is why I put my tips up. because this is the route I took. I have repeated this.

You self-diagnosed yourself with an eating disorder that you just suddenly developed. :huh:

I don't know what to say except this really wouldn't encourage me to follow your tips at all. Please educate yourself better with actual studies on nutrition and maybe seek counseling just in case. ASAP preferably.

A couple great sites that have tons of studies and well written articles on fitness and nutrition -
    bodyrecomposition.com
    body-improvements.com

Also, look into the Eat Train Progress group here on MFP (which has pretty much recognized the group run by Sidesteel and Sarauk2sf as the go to group for studies/info and sound advice).
  • paulaaah
    Options
    WELL I totally give up lol some have agreed, most have not. I was born 12/01/1994 and have never lied or changed my birthday so I suppose out of everything put on here, that was the most ridiculous. This is just what worked for me and I feel a lot of you are bothered because it's more extreme than just cutting down on calorie consumption. But again, this is just what worked for me. It's FINE if you don't want to do it, I never said this was the only way to lose weight. You people seriously need to relax and back off my age, sorry I wasn't born sooner??? I have no idea lol anyway sorry I was just trying to help, sheesh, this site is more discouraging than helpful for me. Again, none of my tips are harmful if you do decide to try it so stop attacking me as if I was putting anyone in danger. If any of tips had the possibility of being dangerous to someone, I'm sure they would recognize that immediately and not attempt it. Okay? OK.

You never lied..yet somehow you were able to create an underage account back in 2011?

Also, you keep saying you lost 60lbs healthily...except the part you left out about having an eating disorder (which you won't seek help for).

I might have lied at the time to create my account because I was underage when I created the account but I am 19... I can't remember back to that exact day lol and I just recently developed a disorder because I just want these last stubborn pounds gone but when I first began my weight loss journey, I did purely by exercising and eating clean. 5-6 times a day. not after 7. preplanning my meals. and with tea. this is why I put my tips up. because this is the route I took. I have repeated this.

So you have ed because you stopped being healthy. If you were losing weight correctly where is the ED coming from? Lack of knowledge to know about the stubborn weight maybe?

I don't know, I just wanted to lose the weight and was having cycles of bingeing and purging and days of starvation. I was also under a lot of stress at the time from things unrelated. Now I am feeling better and have been going back to my old ways of clean eating and have never stopped exercising. This is why I recently tried to be more active on this account. Which I see was a horrible, terrible mistake lol
  • AngelaR03
    AngelaR03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow - I can't believe some of your posts with regard to Paulaah advice with regard to losing weight, it's very harsh. It's her opinion and she is giving it based on her body type, experience and that's ok. The weight lost industry has been feeding us with lots of false claims which millions of people are happy to sign up and pay for, so can people please put something more productive comments on how they have lost weight to someone beginning their journey instead of attacking MFP members.

Many thanks.
  • lightblueeyes
    lightblueeyes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your tips!! It sounds like they have really worked for you!! Congratulations on your weight loss. 60 lbs is AMAZING!!!

I am just beginning to get serious about tracking calories and losing weight. I can't wait until I can say I am at that 60 lbs. lost mark!!

I grew up as a latch key kid...Mom worked 2 jobs and Dad travelled for work so processed and convenience foods were a staple in our house because we were home alone from after school until after bed-time and we had to make our own suppers. It was a lot of jarred spaghetti sauce, Hamburger Helper, Manwich and anything we could heat up out of a can or mix with browned ground beef, though we did have fresh fruit and vegetables too. I have to say, we weren't overweight kids - because we were always outside playing, running climbing trees, getting lots of exercise.

I have always thought that the frequency of meals was more about not feeling hungry in between meals. I had a few friends that shifted to 5-6 small meals/snacks per day as opposed to the traditional 3 and did not see any increase in weight loss, but they didn't get that hungry feeling in between the 5-6 small meals that they got in between the traditional 3.

When I started tracking my calories, I had problems at first with feeling hungry (and more apt to cheat) in between lunch and dinner so I just adjusted the timing of my 3 traditional meals so they are more evenly spaced out during the day. I think it also depends on your eating habits...I, personally, am not a snacker, so the 5-6 small meals per day does not appeal to me. Plus, I work in a very busy office and do not have the time during the day to eat this way.

I truly believe that burning more calories than you take in results in weight loss. But, if I can find some tips along the way that help me make healthier choices in what I eat/drink...I am always grateful for that.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

I totally understand now...you are the same age as my man child aka son...I get it now....

Everyone we need to just

NeIv2.gif

Anyone born in 1994 seems to have it all under control....
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    Wow - I can't believe some of your posts with regard to Paulaah advice with regard to losing weight, it's very harsh. it's her opinion and she is giving it advice based on her body type and experience and that's ok. The weights lost industry has been feeding us with lots of false claims which millions of people are happy to sign up and pay for, so can people please put something more productive comments on how they have lost weight to someone beginning there journey instead of attacking MFP members.

Many thanks.

Those false claims is what she was putting in her OP. So....
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea mixed with lemon, cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar while snacking on green coffee beans. It's the equivalent of doing hours of cardio.

tumblr_n6chn4JkSB1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Without the GIF I would have missed this gem of information.

*Hangs up running shoes and gym kit*
  • paulaaah
    Options

You self-diagnosed yourself with an eating disorder that you just suddenly developed. :huh:

I don't know what to say except this really wouldn't encourage me to follow your tips at all. Please educate yourself better with actual studies on nutrition and maybe seek counseling just in case. ASAP preferably.

A couple great sites that have tons of studies and well written articles on fitness and nutrition -
    bodyrecomposition.com
    body-improvements.com

Also, look into the Eat Train Progress group here on MFP (which has pretty much recognized the group run by Sidesteel and Sarauk2sf as the go to group for studies/info and sound advice).

SIGH about three months ago I started bingeing and purging followed by days of starvation and unless I'm in complete denial, those are various EDs. But none of my tips were used at the time I developed this, these are the tips I used when I FIRST began to lose weight, in a healthy manner. I didn't suddenly develop it, there were numerous factors in my life that influenced this and caused me a lot of stress which I am no longer under and am now slowly but surely recovering. Thanks for jumping to conclusions though :)
  • PikaKnight
    Options

bodyrecomposition.com
    body-improvements.com

SIGH about three months ago I started bingeing and purging followed by days of starvation and unless I'm in complete denial, those are various EDs. But none of my tips were used at the time I developed this, these are the tips I used when I FIRST began to lose weight, in a healthy manner. I didn't suddenly develop it, there were numerous factors in my life that influenced this and caused me a lot of stress which I am no longer under and am now slowly but surely recovering. Thanks for jumping to conclusions though :)

As I put in your nuked thread...
    http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/find-help-support

Then seek help. Now. :flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    Options
    I drink green tea mixed with lemon, cayenne pepper and apple cider vinegar while snacking on green coffee beans. It's the equivalent of doing hours of cardio.

Oh wow. I totally missed this too. If it's the equivalent of doing hours of cardio..then that means I don't have to exercise AT ALL and can eat ALL THE FOODZ!

Good to know.
  • paulaaah
    Options

I totally understand now...you are the same age as my man child aka son...I get it now....

Everyone we need to just

NeIv2.gif

Anyone born in 1994 seems to have it all under control....

?? i'm so over people focusing on my age. so sorry I'm young, sorry you're old. these are just tips that worked for me. I lost 60 lbs and no matter my age that's a pretty big accomplishment.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Advisory on Green Tea - I have hypothyroidism and must take a synthyroid every morning. I replaced my coffee with Green Tea one morning - within an hour, I had bad shakes and nausea. Green Tea can react with synthyroid medication (I don't think everyone has the reaction - it is a case of each individual.)

I have a friend that cannot drink Green Tea since she was diagnosed with a blood clot and was on warfarin or something like that. Sounds life dangering to me.

That is rare I'm assuming and like I stated, if someone sees a tip that they know is going to harmful to them then they would obviously take the precaution in not following it.

Or you can keep your "helpful tips" to your self until you've done a bit more research. Maybe you could have avoided a little less of this backlash. Whatevs. I suspect you will continue defending this ridiculousness until you ragequit.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Wow - I can't believe some of your posts with regard to Paulaah advice with regard to losing weight, it's very harsh. It's her opinion and she is giving it based on her body type, experience and that's ok. The weight lost industry has been feeding us with lots of false claims which millions of people are happy to sign up and pay for, so can people please put something more productive comments on how they have lost weight to someone beginning their journey instead of attacking MFP members.

Many thanks.

nope
  • paulaaah
    Options

Oh wow. I totally missed this too. If it's the equivalent of doing hours of cardio..then that means I don't have to exercise AT ALL and can eat ALL THE FOODZ!

Good to know.

just so everyone doesn't jump on me for this, I did not post this. that was another member. I know no drink will give you the equivalent of doing hours of cardio.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Man I missed the best parts of this thread.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    I am in, and seriously - this time I'd like to get through ALL the comments before it gets locked. I'm usually about 1/2 way through, click "next" and bounce out to the main menu because it's been shut down. Bah

DYEOpeneachpageonseparatetab?
  • paulaaah
    Options

Or you can keep your "helpful tips" to your self until you've done a bit more research. Maybe you could have avoided a little less of this backlash. Whatevs. I suspect you will continue defending this ridiculousness until you ragequit.

I don't believe recommending to drink green tea is harmful. if everyone took into account every single disease in the world before posting something, there would be nothing left. people with celiac disease and gluten allergies have such strict diets it's not even funny.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

I don't believe recommending to drink green tea is harmful. if everyone took into account every single disease in the world before posting something, there would be nothing left. people with celiac disease and gluten allergies have such strict diets it's not even funny.

btw, the person you were replying to wasn't specifically talking about the green tea. *smh*
This discussion has been closed.