How can someone get to 538lbs?

Options

Replies

• CindyMarcuzAdams
    CindyMarcuzAdams Posts: 4,006 Member
    Options
    Thank you for such a heart felt story. I can identify with you on the way your family is. Mine is very similar.
    I am glad you are on track to good health. It takes that wake up call to make us stick to it. Keep it up. You are awesome.
  • wildskies
    wildskies Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    What an amazing person you are. You are a true inspiration. My family is big on hugs, I can't give you a real one but here's a virtual one. (((((hugs))))))
  • JGonzo82
    JGonzo82 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    huge congrats to you sir! well done indeed.
  • Stopher100481
    Stopher100481 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I just want to add to the list of people saying thank you! That's an incredible story and it really makes you think. I'm not too much of a man to admit I got teary eyed throughout.

All I can say now is congratulations and I personally am happy that you were able to find the new scale and move forward! There are a lot of motivational people on this site but your story is the biggest motivation I've seen so far.

Congratulations again and I wish you nothing but the best on the rest of your journey!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2cYEgYvX70gwGw-ZC_0jB3hmsQxg5s0Su9eh8-nGlHa1-hN0f
  • aprilwine11
    aprilwine11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks Luke - for those who have never been "up there" it's a hard thing to explain and/or understand. I understand, and loved seeing your post. You are doing an amazing job!

Rock on~

~Aprilwine
  • beccag28
    beccag28 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! You are doing so well, best wishes for the rest of your journey :) you can do it!
  • Chevy_Quest
    Chevy_Quest Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    That is an amazing story it really is. Good luck to on your fitness journey!:smile:
  • ferniejoy
    ferniejoy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Sooo inspiring! (That feels like such and understatement.) God has a great plan for your life. You would really be in a great position to help someone in that same position. You show how really hard things can be done. God Bless You! I am praying for your continued success.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that! I do wonder sometimes (not in a mean way, just wonder). This was very well expressed. And I know how it feels to have things to share and be understood. Thank you so much for opening up to us. And I'm sure it will help others. :heart:
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Well, you did bring me to tears and I am a tough old broad. I had a similar family, very distant, no connections. They did the best they could, they are who they are. I chose to eat crap, I chose to change. Kudos to you for changing your life. There a lot of us willing to support you on your way. Take advantage of that, you can do this.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    Excuses, excuses, excuses! Why me? This happened that happened blah blah blah. You blamed everyone and everything but yourself. Hard to feel bad. Well that was my tangent, but I wish you all the best and congrats on you weight loss. Good luck.

you're kind of a jerk, aren't you?

i saw it in a thread yesterday and then again here in this one (above).

maybe you should stay out of the Motivation and Support forum if you're gonna pee in everyone's morning coffee... :huh:
  • shapefitter
    shapefitter Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You'd made a great rugby player, or baseball player as a kid. I suppose it all depends on the kind of school, doesn't it. I guess I was lucky in that respect, My mother on the other hand was not. It turned out she developed a thyroid problem, which would explain why she had to quit her modeling career. She went from 64kg to 130kg in a matter of 5 years. It took the gp's 38 years to find a thyroid problem. As a result I have my thyroid checked every year, just in case, but I have also learned that thyroid problems do not show up immediately. It can take many years...
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Your story is both heartbreaking and astonishing. You are such an amazing example for everyone here; no matter where you come from, you can always turn your life around. Thank you.
  • greeneyes972
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. Very well written, you put the reader in your shoes and really open the eyes. I'm so glad you're on your way to being the healthiest you! Congrats for the weightloss so far, you are doing AWESOME!!! I
  • Kitship
    Kitship Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Excuses, excuses, excuses! Why me? This happened that happened blah blah blah. You blamed everyone and everything. Hard to feel bad. Well that was my tangent, but I wish you all the best and congrats on you weight loss. Good luck.

Are you trolling? He didn't blame one person other than himself. And I don't think he's looking for people to "feel bad" for him.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    It's not the morning Mr. 6k posts and a donkey pic.

you really are clueless, aren't you? i'll say it more directly and use small words so you can understand.

it's not your place to come into this forum and belittle somebody's personal story in the manner in which you did.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Excuses, excuses, excuses! Why me? This happened that happened blah blah blah. You blamed everyone and everything. Hard to feel bad. Well that was my tangent, but I wish you all the best and congrats on you weight loss. Good luck.

He's lost 121lbs, yet he's making excuses. Okay.

I would say losing a whole person is pretty much akin to accepting responsibility for the actions that got you to the place where you needed to do something like that.

But hey, cool, being a judgmental wad is a good reaction to this.
  • angieroo2
    angieroo2 Posts: 973 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all you have accomplished this far. By losing so much, you will definitely make up for the "wasted years".
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    OP, this is... inspiring. You are inspiring. Keep on keeping on and don't let anything stand in your way.