Need very strict friends : 1200-1300 calories a day

Options

Replies

• sammistone1985
    Options
    Well I'll add SOME of you guys, if that's what this post is still about?!
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Well I'll add SOME of you guys, if that's what this post is still about?!

OP asked for friends then the tread went off into tangents but a few posts back OP thanked everyone noting that she hadn't added anyone. Some on this thread have indicated they will add so go for it :flowerforyou:
  • mirasaccount
    Options
    Sorrz, I meant I havent add everybody, who told me to add him or her, but didnt send me a request. The reason is that I tried, but there were a lot of people and I lost track who I added and who I didnt. I apologize for that. :) You can still add me, but send a request, as I am done with the thread until maybe 3 months :D
  • sammistone1985
    Options
    Don't blame ya! I'll send you an add just now :)
  • Salwantstobefit
    Options
    add me please! Thanks.
  • LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Wouldn't it be great if it were a requirement for these "I need to lose X pounds by Y date - who is with me!" threads that everyone who signed up for them had to come back and report their results, with open diaries and honest logging? Wouldn't it also be great if those people who found the goal too restrictive and unsustainable had the humility to admit this to those people who tried to give them advice and help along the way?

I am sure there will be people signing up for this who will be successful, particularly those with more weight to lose, and undoubtedly many of the people trying to restrict to 1200 calories will lose some weight if they adhere to that. I just wish that those who do struggle with it, who find it unsustainable or have negative outcomes, would own up to it on this particular thread, so that people who think these "quick fix" methods are a good idea may think twice. Because all the people here currently giving dissenting opinions are automatically labeled as trolls.

This 10000000000000000x
  • mimiteh35
    mimiteh35 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    From your profile pic you look great already anyways :)

Of what? The water? :laugh: :huh:

hahahaha
  • jennifer110367
    Options
    I am doing the same . Trying to stick to 1200 calories. Feel free to friend request me. :smile:
  • rocthelifex
    rocthelifex Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Your goal is ambitious but achievable with the right determination! I am actually planning to lose a stone over the next month or so by doing 1000 calories or less a day , so I will add you and join you for some motivation. You can do it!!
  • jlyndach
    jlyndach Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You just may find that on a 1200 calorie diet, if that is your max you will gain as you body goes into starvation mode. I was in this state for years. I worked out and ate correctly for a year without losing. I increased my calories so that I eat a minimum of 1200 and no more than 1400 each day. I eat every 2-3 hours and within 1 hour of getting up and end 2 hours before bed. My breakfast, lunch, and dinner are over 200 calories but all my snacks are below. My snacks are all healthy. Once I changed to this method I started losing slowly but surely which is the best way to keep it off. I am down 11 lbs in 4 months. I am 5 4 and was 191 lbs. If you do a short term 1200 calories, you may find either you will gain or once you go back to your higher calories you will gain.
  • aedreana
    aedreana Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Please view my profile and diary. If you would like to have me as a friend, send me a request! I wish you the best of success! P.S. That goes for everyone who has posted to this thread who isn't over on the dark side with the mass majority lol
  • fzamora1777
    fzamora1777 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm no expert but it's not the amount per week that's in question it's the amount relative to your BMI. If you are already quite lean it's hard to lose that much weight. I would think that it is not necessarily unrealistic, but definitely sounds unhealthy.
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    From your profile pic you look great already anyways :)

Of what? The water? :laugh: :huh:

Ha Ha Ha Ha..... I thought the same thing.
  • AnAbsoluteDiva
    AnAbsoluteDiva Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Dang! And I thought I was kicking butt with a goal of losing 54 pounds over the next twelve months.

I don't wanna rush it. The journey is quite wonderful and the transformation quite fascinating.

Venus de Milo wasn't chiseled out overnight, and this Diva won't be either.

*wink*
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,065 Member
    Options
    You just may find that on a 1200 calorie diet, if that is your max you will gain as you body goes into starvation mode. I was in this state for years. I worked out and ate correctly for a year without losing. I increased my calories so that I eat a minimum of 1200 and no more than 1400 each day. I eat every 2-3 hours and within 1 hour of getting up and end 2 hours before bed. My breakfast, lunch, and dinner are over 200 calories but all my snacks are below. My snacks are all healthy. Once I changed to this method I started losing slowly but surely which is the best way to keep it off. I am down 11 lbs in 4 months. I am 5 4 and was 191 lbs. If you do a short term 1200 calories, you may find either you will gain or once you go back to your higher calories you will gain.

I don't agree that 1200 calories or a 2lb per week goal is right for OP.

However,no, she will not go into starvation mode.
  • RachelSteeners
    RachelSteeners Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'm following a 1250 calories a day eating plan. I am still in the obese BMI category so I'm happy to keep my calories tight for now. Feel free to add me if you're similar... I keep my diary open and I think I eat pretty healthy. :smile:
  • countscalories
    countscalories Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Here is what you should say to someone if you disagree with their weight-loss plan:
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Here is what you should say to someone if you disagree with their weight-loss plan:

It works great until you post on a public forum. Perhaps if they didn't want opinions and discussion they shouldve wrote in their diary about their plan. Voice activated maybe even
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Please view my profile and diary. If you would like to have me as a friend, send me a request! I wish you the best of success! P.S. That goes for everyone who has posted to this thread who isn't over on the dark side with the mass majority lol

Your diary makes me sad. You really only eat 600 calories a day? This is the stuff everyone calls out. People who starve themselves and try to bash successful people for giving good above about weight loss and sustainability.

If I'm the dark side, I'll stay there.

Ps. I'm 5'3.5" and lost 53 lbs eating 1650 net.
  • mreich
    mreich Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm about the name height and weight as you are - looking to lose 15 lbs. I began Jenny Craig nearly 2 weeks ago and have lost 4 lbs. The 1200-1300 calories is brutal but I'm hoping the hunger pangs and the urges to binge subside in another week or two. I'm. trying to lose the weight by my next birthday ( mid-September). This is not easy!!!