Need very strict friends : 1200-1300 calories a day

Options
15678911»

Replies

• LucasEVille
    LucasEVille Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Please view my profile and diary. If you would like to have me as a friend, send me a request! I wish you the best of success! P.S. That goes for everyone who has posted to this thread who isn't over on the dark side with the mass majority lol

Your diary makes me sad. You really only eat 600 calories a day? This is the stuff everyone calls out. People who starve themselves and try to bash successful people for giving good above about weight loss and sustainability.

If I'm the dark side, I'll stay there.

Ps. I'm 5'3.5" and lost 53 lbs eating 1650 net.

All super "restrictive calorie" threads devolve into an ED magnet, it is in their very nature.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Good luck.

You are 22yo, 5'7", 152lbs, female. I entered that info into a BMI calculator. Your BMI is 23.8. Normal range for someone with your stats is 18.5-24.5. It will be VERY difficult for you to lose 2lbs a week consistently, and if you do, you will be losing lean mass, not fat. 2lbs is doable for obese/overweight people - not so much for people in a normal weight range.

But hey, do want you gotta do. If (and when) you get frustrated with your progress you may want to consider reading these links>>>

I'm just gonna leave this right here.

Read these:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1235566-so-you-re-new-here?hl=so+you're+new+here

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1217573-so-you-want-to-start-running

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974888-in-place-of-a-road-map-2k13

TL:DR the link right above this one then ->http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet

Excuses??? http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/06/02/the-no-excuses-play-like-a-champion-challenge/

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal

Want to lift heavy things?
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Stronglifts Summary
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/560459-stronglifts-5x5-summary

Stronglifts Womens Group
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/4601-stronglifts-5x5-for-women

^This is great info
  • DeterminedMonica
    Options
    Hi, I'm on the same journey. I'm eating no more then 1,400 calories prefer below 1,200. I've lost 31pounds so far but have at least 50 more to lose. PLEASE feel free to add me. I'm full of positive motivation. Also, I can use any extra motivation given to keep focused. :smile:
  • cherrilovee
    cherrilovee Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't set a goal like "lose ___ pounds in ___ weeks" type of goal. Your goal should be to lose that weight, but you shouldn't place a time on it. You may not reach it and you may give up on losing weight all together. Anyways, I eat 1300 calories a day so if you need a friend, I'm here :)
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Please view my profile and diary. If you would like to have me as a friend, send me a request! I wish you the best of success! P.S. That goes for everyone who has posted to this thread who isn't over on the dark side with the mass majority lol

Your diary makes me sad. You really only eat 600 calories a day? This is the stuff everyone calls out. People who starve themselves and try to bash successful people for giving good above about weight loss and sustainability.

If I'm the dark side, I'll stay there.

Ps. I'm 5'3.5" and lost 53 lbs eating 1650 net.

All super "restrictive calorie" threads devolve into an ED magnet, it is in their very nature.

And it's not even 600 cals of nutrient rich food - but 600 cals of diet coke and potato chips :noway:

Worst Diary ever
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I have been on a 1000 calorie a day for almost 2 years.
    I am not on a diet, that is my new life style.
    Your goal is very do-able!
    I say go for it!

Says anyone with an eating disorder....

No. So much no.

She's 62 years old. Give her a break. If it works for her, then let her do it. No reason to bash it.

I will be 62 next month...I don't expect anyone to give me a break.

Here are my thoughts...

The older that you are the more harmful poor eating habits are. Your body does not recover at the same rate that a younger body will. The poor eating habits and the excess weight that I had in my 40s and 50s took its toll on my health. Even though after having lost the weight...adding exercise and increasing my daily activity...I have not and will probably never be at the level that I would be if I was in my 40s or 50s.

It has improved drastically. That is because after all of these years I have stopped abusing myself. I didn't get to this point however because of thinking that I needed people to give me a break.

If that poster chooses to drink prune juice for every meal...well that is her choice. However...NO ONE...should "give her a break" simply because she is 62...not if they care about their fellow human being.

One last thought...

At age 62 we don't have that many "redos" left. If we want to get it right...we got to do it NOW. I figure at best...I got 20 years left...I don't need a break...I need to be healthy...fit...and enjoying life!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I say go for it!

No. So much no.

She's 62 years old. Give her a break. If it works for her, then let her do it. No reason to bash it.

Here are my thoughts...

The older that you are the more harmful poor eating habits are. Your body does not recover at the same rate that a younger body will. The poor eating habits and the excess weight that I had in my 40s and 50s took its toll on my health. Even though after having lost the weight...adding exercise and increasing my daily activity...I have not and will probably never be at the level that I would be if I was in my 40s or 50s.

It has improved drastically. That is because after all of these years I have stopped abusing myself. I didn't get to this point however because of thinking that I needed people to give me a break.

If that poster chooses to drink prune juice for every meal...well that is her choice. However...NO ONE...should "give her a break" simply because she is 62...not if they care about their fellow human being.

One last thought...

At age 62 we don't have that many "redos" left. If we want to get it right...we got to do it NOW. I figure at best...I got 20 years left...I don't need a break...I need to be healthy...fit...and enjoying life!

I like you :flowerforyou:
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    I say go for it!

No. So much no.

Here are my thoughts...

One last thought...

I didn't look at her diary because she was not asking for help, so it is no one's business what she eats. If she asks for help then an honest approach is best. Folks forget that as we age, we tend to become less active meaning we require less food BUT any advice should be based on the individual situation.

I am in my mid 50's so I want to be as healthy and fit as possible BUT I am doing it my way. I don't need anyone other than my health care providers giving me unsolicited advice on my food, my activity level or anything else I'm doing that doesn't mesh with their beliefs. In that respect, this member you are talking about deserves the same courtesy. That being said, at some point if she is eating poorly on a consistent basis, she will quickly find out that undoing the damage will be very difficult if not impossible BUT she doesn't need me or anyone else to tell her so.
  • aneary1980
    aneary1980 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I say go for it!

No. So much no.

Here are my thoughts...

One last thought...

I didn't look at her diary because she was not asking for help, so it is no one's business what she eats. If she asks for help then an honest approach is best. Folks forget that as we age, we tend to become less active meaning we require less food BUT any advice should be based on the individual situation.

I am in my mid 50's so I want to be as healthy and fit as possible BUT I am doing it my way. I don't need anyone other than my health care providers giving me unsolicited advice on my food, my activity level or anything else I'm doing that doesn't mesh with their beliefs. In that respect, this member you are talking about deserves the same courtesy. That being said, at some point if she is eating poorly on a consistent basis, she will quickly find out that undoing the damage will be very difficult if not impossible BUT she doesn't need me or anyone else to tell her so.

I think the point is someone who is triple the age of the OP and giving advise when she is eating poorly maybe shouldn't be giving advise.

If someone gives me advise I look at their diary and look at how much weight they have lost if it's someone who eats rubbish or just logs cals then their advise to me is worthless.
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 1300 calorie diet :) Please add me and we can help motivate each other and reach our goals!!
  • Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,096 Member
    Options
    I say go for it!

No. So much no.

Here are my thoughts...

One last thought...

I don't know if you are chastising me or not...maybe I am misreading. If you notice...I didn't say anything to that 62 y/o poster. In fact what I said was...it is her choice as it is any ones choice regardless of age. I don't think however that we should treat someone 62 any different than we do a twenty year old.

I don't think that I was in anyway discourteous concerning that woman. To avoid that my response centered more on myself instead of her.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I say go for it!

No. So much no.

Here are my thoughts...

One last thought...

I think the point is someone who is triple the age of the OP and giving advise when she is eating poorly maybe shouldn't be giving advise.

If someone gives me advise I look at their diary and look at how much weight they have lost if it's someone who eats rubbish or just logs cals then their advise to me is worthless.

Totally agree with this. When people start spouting advice on here, one of the first things I look at is their diary to see how they approach this process. Sometimes these people sound relatively sane in the snippet of advice they are offering, and people who don't look a little deeper may think, "hey, this person knows what they are talking about, I should do whatever they say". When in actuality, the person offering the advice may be eating 600 cals of junk (and believe me - I am not a clean eater, I just mean that pickles, Pringles, and bean dip as the sole sustenance of your existence is ridiculous) and have completely irrational reasons for their approach.

So no, the person being critiqued may not have asked for advice, but if you don't point out how restrictive and unhealthy their diet is to the casual readers on this forum, you are missing an opportunity to educate those who don't take the time to dig a little deeper before taking the advice of strangers on the internet...
  • jgoulet003
    jgoulet003 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Add me! Im at 1200-1300.
  • jmv7117
    Options
    I say go for it!

No. So much no.

Here are my thoughts...

One last thought...

In fairness, she did not give advise to OP. She said to look at her diary then add her as a friend if OP wanted to. No advice. Whether OP decides to add her as a friend is up to OP.
  • jmv7117
    Options
    I say go for it!

No. So much no.

Here are my thoughts...

One last thought...

Totally agree with this. When people start spouting advice on here, one of the first things I look at is their diary to see how they approach this process. Sometimes these people sound relatively sane in the snippet of advice they are offering, and people who don't look a little deeper may think, "hey, this person knows what they are talking about, I should do whatever they say". When in actuality, the person offering the advice may be eating 600 cals of junk (and believe me - I am not a clean eater, I just mean that pickles, Pringles, and bean dip as the sole sustenance of your existence is ridiculous) and have completely irrational reasons for their approach.

So no, the person being critiqued may not have asked for advice, but if you don't point out how restrictive and unhealthy their diet is to the casual readers on this forum, you are missing an opportunity to educate those who don't take the time to dig a little deeper before taking the advice of strangers on the internet...

She didn't give advice but rather invited OP to look at her diary then add her as a friend if desired. This is one reason diaries should be kept closed because they just become a huge problem in the forums. If that is what this person is existing on (don't know because I didn't look at her diary) then yes, there is a problem BUT it is for her to deal with. This is very much like the seat belt issue. Wearing one saves lives although in some cases wearing one may not. Telling someone to wear one even under the threat of a fine doesn't work until such time that person decides to wear it because they want to. Nothing anyone says on this forum is going to change this person's food choice. From a different perspective, repeatedly dwelling on these inadequate diets may serve as a trigger or re-enforcer for those with a developing or established ED. So the less said the better unless the person asks for help.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I say go for it!

No. So much no.

Here are my thoughts...

One last thought...

She didn't give advice but rather invited OP to look at her diary then add her as a friend if desired. This is one reason diaries should be kept closed because they just become a huge problem in the forums. If that is what this person is existing on (don't know because I didn't look at her diary) then yes, there is a problem BUT it is for her to deal with. This is very much like the seat belt issue. Wearing one saves lives although in some cases wearing one may not. Telling someone to wear one even under the threat of a fine doesn't work until such time that person decides to wear it because they want to. Nothing anyone says on this forum is going to change this person's food choice. From a different perspective, repeatedly dwelling on these inadequate diets may serve as a trigger or re-enforcer for those with a developing or established ED. So the less said the better unless the person asks for help.

To be fair, I think there are a couple of different posters in this thread who are in their 60s who are eating VLCD. One, you are right, didn't offer advice. However, the one quoted at the top here, who said, "I eat under 1000 cals every day, it's totally doable, I say go for it" that is advice.

Now, let's use the seat belt analogy. You are right. You cannot force someone to wear a seat belt. Usually people who are resistant don't start until they, or someone they know, have an accident. So in this analogy, it isn't that the person commenting isn't wearing a seat belt themselves, but that they are telling other people, "hey, I don't wear a seat belt and nothing bad has ever happened to me, so you don't need to either". That's the piece that I, and many others take issue with. Which is why many of the people commenting about the people eating 600 cals/day are doing it, not only to hopefully help that person already making the choice to eat such low calories, but also so that others not sure if they too would be fine with that approach don't get mistakenly convinced that nothing bad will happen to them if they do.
  • twomuchfat
    twomuchfat Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me in to: I need to lose 30 pounds and need to be strict and accountable....I may be late but my heart is willing.
  • soveri
    soveri Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me guys :) I'm on a strict 1200 calorie diet. It's more so to promote lighter foods throughout the day, and has been getting me ready for my next half marathon.
  • xvmonarose
    xvmonarose Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yes, i am in!