How can someone get to 538lbs?

Options

Replies

• bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your amazing story.

Best of luck to you!
  • Fitasticme
    Fitasticme Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. It was very moving. I'm sorry to hear that you lost your niece recently and you've had it rough throughout your life. You made it through though and picked yourself up and moved forward. I can tell you're a strong person. I know you'll make your goal. (hugs)
  • cjbrummet
    cjbrummet Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Your story is an inspiration. The amount of strength and determination it took to start to lose weight is amazing.

The way you have handled the comments on this feed show the amount of class and respect you have towards others and I admire that.

I don't want you to think that you wasted anything. Your life is what it is and where you go from here is all up to you. At least that is what I tell myself all the time. I never wanted to be as big as I had gotten but I all I can do is go forward and try and do something about it now.

Keep up your great work and don't let the naysayers get you down.
  • CandyMouse
    CandyMouse Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    What a great post. I can understand how somebody gets to that weight. They do it one pound at a time. You have really lost a lot of weight. :heart: I know everyday is a struggle.
  • CandyMouse
    CandyMouse Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Have you ever read Richard Simmons' story of losing weight? :heart:
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You are an amazing inspiration. Congratulations and keep it going!
  • VastBreak
    VastBreak Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration!
    Huge congrats to you, taking control and making a difference!
    I think you'll have a heck of a 40th birthday bash :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    You're amazing. I'm so sorry for the loss of your niece.
  • Archon2
    Archon2 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you posted your story for us to read. Keep up the great work. You look great too -- amazing progress. There is no turning back! Like others have said, I am also sorry to hear of your niece.
  • lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks again everyone for all the kind words, I would love to reply to all of you but I might never see daylight again. All I wanted to do was share my thoughts on a question and I don't think I had any idea how many people would relate to my situation. Felt good to get it out and I hope that others will be willing to share their experiences here as well.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Pure awesomeness. Dont ever give up the fight!!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    That was a very well written, thought-provoking post. Thank you for sharing your story with us. Congrats on your progress so far!

^^^^ THIS!! thank you x
  • cwgrlfth
    cwgrlfth Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow very awesome!!!! Be proud and get ready to live even better than before!!!! Rock on.......... :)
    :flowerforyou:
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    First, I wish I could reach through the computer and give you a GIANT HUG!!! Second thank you for sharing your story with a bunch of complete strangers all on a journey to a healthy lifestyle. I am so sorry about the loss of your niece and that you were not able to have an emotional connection with your family. I cannot even imagine never hugging my Father and Mother only a few times. You are an inspiration to us all and keep doing what you are doing because you are looking fabulous.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    (((Hugs from me))) :flowerforyou: Thank you for sharing OP. You are an awesome person, never forget that. Best of luck on the rest of your journey, I believe in you. Your life isn't over, it's just beginning, so be positive, have fun, and make some great memories! :heart: :bigsmile:
  • navygrrl
    navygrrl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. I wish I could tell you how much it touched me emotionally. You are an inspiration, and we're lucky as a community to have you here. :flowerforyou:
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing - I think you are amazing. Congrats on your success! and sending you a big HUG.
  • JoelleAnn78
    JoelleAnn78 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I missed this thread last week, but found it today. Thanks for sharing your story -- you have made incredible progress.

When I finally weighed myself and saw 399 I knew it was time. I was terrified I'd see 400 on the scale the next time, and I could not imagine how anyone could recover from weighing over 400 pounds. It seemed like a magical number in my head - I was unaware at the time that my husband weighed 575. We were just living our miserable lives, working every day, doing the things married people do... despite weighing 1000 pounds together. It's not hard to get to a seemingly impossible weight. It had a lot to do with denial for me. Well, my pants still fit so I haven't gained anything...... Except, my pants have stretched to the max and the elastic doesn't rebound anymore when I take them off. Well, I can still drive and fit in my car... except I have bruises on my hips and thighs and calves from being crushed in my Expedition where I just do not fit. It happens....It can be overcome. I commend you for taking the action needed to just get out of that damned chair! That's the hardest part, in my opinion. Just getting started. You are awesome. I am glad I found this thread.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, it was very touching and inspiring.
  • lukewind
    lukewind Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I missed this thread last week, but found it today. Thanks for sharing your story -- you have made incredible progress.

When I finally weighed myself and saw 399 I knew it was time. I was terrified I'd see 400 on the scale the next time, and I could not imagine how anyone could recover from weighing over 400 pounds. It seemed like a magical number in my head - I was unaware at the time that my husband weighed 575. We were just living our miserable lives, working every day, doing the things married people do... despite weighing 1000 pounds together. It's not hard to get to a seemingly impossible weight. It had a lot to do with denial for me. Well, my pants still fit so I haven't gained anything...... Except, my pants have stretched to the max and the elastic doesn't rebound anymore when I take them off. Well, I can still drive and fit in my car... except I have bruises on my hips and thighs and calves from being crushed in my Expedition where I just do not fit. It happens....It can be overcome. I commend you for taking the action needed to just get out of that damned chair! That's the hardest part, in my opinion. Just getting started. You are awesome. I am glad I found this thread.

Thanks so much for the kind words and congrats on your amazing loss. I still have probably 180lbs to go but I know that I can do it now and it helps having some great people here for support.