Name some famous people you've seen in real life

Options

Replies

• MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Harrison Ford: Just a random passing on the street. He is not as dashing in real life as on the screen.

Mike Farrell (B.J. Hunnicutt from M*A*S*H) I cooked his Quarter Pounder with Cheese, NO ONIONS, when I worked at McD's during High School. His kids were with him. I think it was during his divorce. He was an unhappy man. Very, Very tall! He signed his grill ticket for me. Later on, some Grape flavored Hubba Bubba Bubble Gum melted on that grill ticket. I was always sad about that.

Pearl Bailey: I met her during my Freshman year of college (1980) at a hotel in Washington DC. We were staying at the same hotel. I met her twice there. The first time was out front of the hotel. She was eating pistachios. Cracking the shells with her teeth! Ouch! The second time I rode the elevator with her. She had just received a dz long stemmed red roses. She asked me if I liked them and if I would like to smell them. I obliged. The didn't smell all that great but they were very pretty and I said so. Nice lady.

Gerald Ford. (U.S. President) This was during Jr. High. I saw him at a speaking engagement. Not very close, but I saw him. I think I was in 7th grade at the time. I was not all the thrilled, either. I would have been more impressed with meeting his son. He was cute!
  • bobcooks920
    Options
    Most of these came from when I was a student at NMU.

Dr. Ruth Westheimer

Mo Rocca

Comedian Mike Birbiglia

Naughty By Nature ("Hip Hop Hooray," "OPP")

Blessid Union of Souls ("I Believe, Hey Leonardo)

Ron Jeremy

Ben Stein

Fireflight (Christian rock group)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Bill Clinton/Al Gore - political rallies
    Jake Gyllenhaal - political rally
    Rachael Ray - she spoke at a mall here
    Damian Miller - former catcher for DBacks, from my hometown
    Robin Yount - former Brewer. Saw him at a hockey game
    Although I haven't met him The Big Unit sent me a DM to tell me he likes my photography.
    Too many NHL players to count. Ray Emery and Wade Belak were two of my favorites. Super nice guys.
    So many bands and band members. Gabe from Midtown/Cobra Starship, Pete Wentz from Fallout Boy, The All American Rejects, Kris Roe from the Ataris, Sugarcult, The Casualties, Plain White T's. I could go on.
    Alice Cooper is always at the hockey games and John McCain is there quite a bit. Vince Vaughn has been at a few as well. Rumor has it Charles Barkley attends as well but I've yet to see him.

I just missed Prince at the Mnpls airport. I went to the bathroom, came out and my mom was freaking out. She said he was tinier in real life.

I can't think of anyone else right now.
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I've seen a lot of famous musicians in real life when I was at various concerts.

^ This

Bah! There are no famous people in Canada!

Ryan Reynolds, Rachael McAdams, Ellen Page, Michael Buble, Michael J Fox, Micheal Myers are all Canucks!

Celine Dion?? :)
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I think the most random was Susan Sarandon (sp?)

She just walked in front of traffic here in Beverly Hills. Was almost hit, and then stopped to wave and smile when the stopped cars began to honk. It was almost like she was waving to her admiring public, without a clue that people were just angry that a lady was blocking the road. Super weird.

Was also recently heckled by Johnny Knoxville while doing my workout. He's actually super nice.

Aziz Ansari was in front of me getting coffee, and I was excited and said "It's AZIZ!" to my co-worker. He was gracious and said hello to me. I was a little embarrassed to have fangirled so hard.

There have been a ton of others, but these are the freshest in my mind
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    I met the lead singer of Ashborne, lol
  • phil6707
    phil6707 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Unless you are into opera these names will mean nothing lol but they are super famous in the opera world: Jonas Kauffman, Placido Domingo, Rene Pape, Kiri Te Kanawa. Domingo is an idol and I seriously lost my ****.
    Impressive!!
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Aziz Ansari was in front of me getting coffee, and I was excited and said "It's AZIZ!" to my co-worker. He was gracious and said hello to me. I was a little embarrassed to have fangirled so hard.

I'd have done the same thing :laugh: I love that guy
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, and the rest of Fleetwood Mac's lineup in 1970. My teenage sister went to a rock festival in Rockingham NC, and we saw these guys in the hotel swimming pool. Also saw the band 3 Dog Night, Country Joe & the Fish, and several others there. I was 12 years old at the time, and while into rock and roll, didn't understand why my sister was going crazy. This was one of the last big, three days festivals of the hippy era. While I didn't go to the show, Rockingham is a small place. You could hear the music from anywhere in town.
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I shared an elevator with Trevor Pryce and Rahim Abdullah while I was at Clemson for a summer session. Holy **** those guys were huge.
  • Joe Biden - I went to a rally he did at a local high school and he called me up front at the end because I was wearing my "power vest" with lots of political buttons and patches. I told him to stop letting Obama send drones to kill people and he was shocked. (I was 15...)

Danica Patrick - She offered to sign my shirt when I was the only girl in a group of guys at the local race track. I was wearing one of her merch tees. She was really nice, but way taller than I imagined.

I'm also 99.9% sure that I saw Pete Wentz at a gas station once, but no one believes me. Grr!
  • 60sPanda
    60sPanda Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Van Morrison would be the most famous - i was chatting to him at a bar, but moved on when he offered to buy me a drink. I thought he was just a friendly little old irish man until my mate pointed out who he was. Nevermind, I saved him a couple of quid.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Errr... James Cosmo (Lord Commander of the Nights Watch) and Robery Llewyn (sp?) are all that come to mind. Oh, and I've seen Sir Alan Sugar on the M25 a few times :P
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    When I was maybe 3 yo I met Mr. Rogers.
    He came to speak at the college where my dad was dean (or maybe president, I don't know), and Dad asked if he could have me come in to meet Mr. Rogers (in Dad's office). Of course he said yes.
    My parents teased me for decades that it was the only time they'd seen me speechless.
  • summer144012
    Options
    John Denver....shook his hand and chatted with him at a bar after a concert. He was soooo nice! He had a really HUGE body guard !
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    literally no one ...but Michael Jordan's son lived on my street for a semester. I never saw him but he was there.
  • BeautifulChaos27
    Options
    Nobody for me. :(
    I live a boring life in the middle of nowhere. *sigh*
  • Beautiful_disaster40
    Options
    Michael Jordan and Charles Barkley at a bar in downtown San Diego

Andre Agassi playing tennis at my ex hubs club

Vincent Jackson at tilted kilt

David hasselhoff walking in Coronado ( San Diego)

Geraldo Rivera walking in NYC

Lindsey Lohan shopping in palm desert ca

Junior seau at a fundraiser hubs and I attended

And I may or may not have made out with a guy in a band once ( uk band)
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Naveen Andrews from Lost (very fit but shorter than I imagined)

Evangeline Lilly from Lost and the Hobbit film....(lean and very fit)

Steven Segal ..former action movie star... (not very fit at all but tall)

Steve Yuen ..plays Glenn on Walking Dead... (cute..longer shair than on the show)
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I saw Gary glitter in London last year. Lol (not that That's anything worth getting excited about). The annoying thing was with my job I spent a lot of time in Paris, Monaco, Switzerland, Spain ect ect and after visiting those countries and beautiful cities over and over I never once saw a famous face. Then I get into London one day and who's in front of me.lmao

On a nicer note, i met Danny John jules once (cat, from red dwarf) he was such a down to earth and really nice chatty guy

Edit- I also met Mark Speight (children's TV presenter) about a month before his passing. He was a Lovely mannered man