Women and High Heels

Options

Replies

• ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Why do women sacrifice comfort to wear these contraptions?

Because I'm short as fck

How short exactly is "short as fck"?

5'3" ...on a good day :laugh:
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Why do men ask such stupid questions? :laugh:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy who doesn't understand high heels.

Short is cute; tall is manly.

Really? Did you really just go there? You just called tall women manly. Awesome.
  • JessieMin
    JessieMin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've never been a heels girl... they're pretty, but I just can't wear them. My feet hate me the night after. Also because at 6' tall, I feel like I'm towering over all the 5'7" men!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    heels can be somewhat comfortable.

general rule of thumb is to get a half size larger than you normally wear, dont wear a heel higher than what you can walk on barefoot tippy toes on.

i also make sure to look for ones with built in cushion.

and there's nothing more pathetic in the heel world than seeing some girl who has to walk like mr.burns from the simpsons because her heels are too high,.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    I wear them 5 days per week for work. I love wearing them. They make me feel stylish and put together.
    They're unacceptable if the woman cannot walk properly in them. Any woman that can't walk in the heels, should NOT wear the heels haha

THIS!
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

Short is cute; tall is manly. And since about 1% of women can actually walk in heels and not look ridiculous, the chances are you are not one of them.

MjAxMy1lZmQ5ZGE2NzA0NDU2OGJl.png

lol what???

how is tall a characteristic of being manly? I know plenty of tall men that are incredibly feminie and were I to care- I would question their sexual orientation.

that being said.

if you're shoes light up and your not 5 years old- i'm going to question where you work... but- good for you- because you probably make more than me.

I love my heels- but I'm VERY particular about where I wear them- I won't wear them going out for "parties" I only wear them for dates and I'm clear about no long walks on the beach- or cobblestones- I try to match my shoe and wardrobe to the date or activity.

And yeah- if you can't effing walk in them- don't wear them. Seriously.

I have all sorts of shoes- including heel-less high heels (they look like pony shoes) and I LOVE them. only to be worn with hot pants!!!! so ALL LEG ALL DAY!... but you gotta know when/where/how to rock them.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options

Short is cute; tall is manly. And since about 1% of women can actually walk in heels and not look ridiculous, the chances are you are not one of them.

MjAxMy1lZmQ5ZGE2NzA0NDU2OGJl.png
    15zi0ch.gif
  • JeriAnne84
    JeriAnne84 Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    They're unacceptable if the woman cannot walk properly in them. Any woman that can't walk in the heels, should NOT wear the heels haha

OMG. There is a lady that works in the building next to me that walks like a T-Rex in her heels. I want to tell her to switch to flats but I don't know her at all and have never spoken to her so that might be rude. lol
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    because they make our legs and bum look fabulous!!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    I see nothing wrong with a woman looking like a hooker.

:laugh:
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    haha!

I personally refuse to wear them. I used to suck it up and wear them for weddings only, but now I just get away with fancy-looking flats. I don't get it either.
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'll admit they look nice (depending on the color and number of straps) but I only wore them on special occasions.
    I stopped wearing high heels 8 years ago after a lovely yet embarrassing face plant in front of a bunch of people at a job I had just started at.

I'm 6'0 feet tall (without shoes) so I really don't need them. :bigsmile:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I hate high heels...I can't walk in them. Flats all the way.
  • bidimus
    bidimus Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Ugg... Before my fitness mind set I used to think they were sexy but I couldn't have told you why. I think it was just conditioning.

Now when I see high heels it's a real put off. In my mind all I can see is the contortion they put your feet through. That's not sexy at all.

Now days what catches my attention is a strong healthy foot flat and stable on the ground with strong healthy legs. I've actually used the phrase "Too bad she's wearing heels."
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I love them. I envy girls my height that can rock the heel...I'm way too self conscious to be 6'4" in heels lol
  • KimJohnsonsmile
    KimJohnsonsmile Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You're on a roll today, OP. From cheating on your spouse (the most asinine post ever, btw) to women in high heels. Where will your mind go next?
  • Go_Mizzou99
    Go_Mizzou99 Posts: 2,628 Member
    Options
    I love wearing high, sexy heels- and for some people (I'm lucky to be one of them!) they are not uncomfortable!
    Kind of like makeup- not necessary, but it makes you feel sexy!

Winner!
  • amethyst7986
    amethyst7986 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    it depends on what outfit they are paired with-- if a girl is wearing a metallic colored bondage dress what shows her woman parts, well then she may look trashy. But if they are paired with a pair of snug fitting jeans and cute top it may be a nice look.

I'm top heavy, 38DD, so I can make a t-shirt look a little whorish too...lol Lets just say I wear lots of undershirts and tanks to help with coverage.

I only wear heels when I am going out because I am short--they are definitely not an everyday thing for me...However! they do make my a** look good and my legs too!
  • bombshellinprogress
    bombshellinprogress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    If one woman doesn't like another, the "another" can't even eat a cookie the right way without scorn.

Trashy shoes have nothing to do with the shoes and everything to do with who's feet they're on.

Amen!