Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Mileage for 7/27: 2.8 walking.
    Made a very frustrating discovery this afternoon. Someone tried to do a lot of traveling at my expense. They attempted to charge $10,000 of tickets at United Airlines on my credit card. Fortunately, the safe guards at the bank worked and they were stopped. Its scary, and I will have to spend some time at the bank tomorrow to straighten up the mess.
    Oh, well. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Today's Reason to Celebrate
    July 28, 2014 is National Milk Chocolate Day
    Chocoholics unite—it’s National Milk Chocolate Day!
    How is milk chocolate different from other chocolates? It's a mix of cocoa solid and either dry or condensed milk. While dark chocolate is traditionally used as a baking ingredient, this sweet treat is used to make chocolate candy bars, hot chocolate, and many delicious desserts.
    Did you know that chocolate actually has mood-enhancing benefits? That’s right—chocolate can make you happy! This is due to the fact that it contains a stimulant called theobromine and a compound called anandamide. Now that’s a reason to celebrate!
    Today, enjoy milk chocolate your favorite way. Happy Milk Chocolate Day!

“There are two primary choices in life: to accept conditions as they exist, or accept the responsibility for changing them.” ~Dr. Denis Waitley

Tom
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Just checking in... I fell behind on posts again over the weekend because I get lazy.....no excuses just the truth. I did however walk 5-6 miles both days.
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday! (not really). Just checking in. Got no sleep on Friday night so spend most of Saturday doing absolutely nothing. Yesterday got out did the shopping for the week and general household work. Got a workout yesterday scrubbing the shower so I guess that's better than nothing.
  • els312
    els312 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, i would like to join this thred, I have started over again to many times and can use all the support that I can get!! ~Emily
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Please add me on this thread :D
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    els312 - Emily - welcome! - you'll find plenty of support and encouragement here!

Kaye - what a dreadful thing to happen with the credit card attempted use - augh! :angry: Over 10 grand! Glad your bank stopped it in advance so you don't have to untangle that type of mess. It is scary to think about. I need to set up an on-line access to my credit card so I can check the balance each day - that would be the smartest thing to do, since I use it for all my monthly expenses to get frequent flyer miles. I do check my banking balances every day. I'm neglectful not checking my CC balances - now that you've shown me how scary and risky it is, I'm will reform my ways!

helenarriaza - hey you already joined just by posting - see page one for all info related to the goals of this thread - also it contains helpful info for losing weight

AFM: Lovely day - temps have dropped from really hot days to more temperate so I hope that this nice weather will head to you folks on the east coast too. On my north facing deck: Lately plants on deck have been moaning and groaning - too much heat. Even my pansies which had made it this far, finally gave up the ghost.Peach Begonias continue to surprise me with their gorgeous blossoms as well as purple torenia next to them. The Christmas cactus has a sunburn. The vines -morning glory = have yet to bloom, but their height is impressive.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I hope all is going well on this monday morning for all of you. I got up and putzed around the computer for a little while and then got my butt in gear and did the workout I planned out. It actually felt really good.:tongue: I am going to do this workout every other day since a lot of it is hand weights and I know you have to rest in between workouts. I also went and shot hoops with my son yesterday. It was okay with the foot since I mostly just shot the ball and didnt move around to much. I am going to record everyhting I do to have a record but am still going to try and stick in my daily allotment for calories until I can start some real cardio again. I have to start over on my challenge to get 7 days in a row under since this weekend went way south with food. I am determined to get it this week:happy:
    Welcome to all the wonderful new faces I have seen on here the last couple of days. You have found a truly great group of people.

Kaye that is super scary about your credit card. I am so happy your bank caught it before it could go through.

Well everyone have a great start to this week. Lets get out there and kill it this time :flowerforyou: :heart: :heart: :drinker:
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    ebailey: I hope your tummy feels better! I find that after a tough ab exercise day, eating light and clean helps a little.

teresa: I love reading about you and your hubby. I met my boyfriend online as well, now we're getting our first place together! It's really exciting!

foreverdaniel: Welcome! I can definitely relate to the feeling of being trapped. For me, once the weight started coming off, I saw it as a natural anti-depressant. I hope the same happens for you!

grandmakaye: I'm REALLY happy they caught the fraud! People sicken me. I see people come to my library all the time who want to send their information away for "free" winnings. They're all being scammed. It's a scary world we live in!

mnwalkingqueen: Way to go on 5-6 miles both days!

beachgirl: I HATE scrubbing the shower. At least it was a workout!

robin: I had no idea cacti could get sunburn!!

jtconst: You've got this. It's pretty awesome that you went out and played with your son. I remember the first time I could go play outside and not get winded!

Welcome to all of our newcomers! :)

AFM:

I'm Aimee. 24 years old from Ohio. Librarian and food-loving dieter. I've got a boyfriend who has also lost about a hundred and some odd pounds. I've been here for almost a year, and I'm still plugging away at my goal. I've lost 120 so far, and have about 35 more to go. I get bored with the same shares so here's some you may not have heard before...
    1. I was raised on a dairy farm, and I have ridden a cow.
    2. I believe garlic is the best seasoning you can use in almost any dish.
    3. My bf's nickname for me is Dove.
    4. I like to knit, but I can only make scarves because I can't read the patterns.
    5. I am a grammar nazi. An English degree will do that to you. Fortunately, I'm able to hide it fairly well.

Aaron and I found our apartment. We're going to apply this week, and hopefully move in at the beginning of September. :) YAY!
    We also went shopping this weekend. I was really surprised to see that I could fit in a size LARGE dress, and a size MEDIUM shirt! While the medium is a little tight, and I'll hold off on those for another 10-15 pounds, it was a really pleasant surprise. I've gone from a tight xxl and tight size 24 pants to a comfortable size large and size 12 pants.

I ate terribly this weekend. Not in the way that I feel bloated. I just snacked a lot, surprisingly I haven't gained from my snacking. I know I need to make better choices snack-wise, but I'm not going to be too hard on myself over it.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    727_zps70f32d77.jpg
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Quick mileage update:

07/01/14 1.08
    07/02/14 1.72
    07/03/14 0.82
    07/04/14 1.53
    07/05/14 3.58
    07/06/14 0.92
    07/07/14 1.91
    07/08/14 0.95
    07/09/14 0.63
    07/10/14 1.08
    07/11/14 0.27
    07/12/14 0.16
    07/13/14 0.13
    07/14/14 0.81
    07/15/14 0.03
    07/16/14 1.03
    07/17/14 1.12
    07/18/14 1.39
    07/19/14 1.37
    07/20/14 1.08
    07/21/14 1.00
    07/22/14 1.10
    07/23/14 1.44
    07/24/14 1.95
    07/25/14 1.52
    07/26/14 1.15
    07/27/14 1.12
    07/28/14
    07/29/14
    07/30/14
    07/31/14
    Total 30.89
    Miles to go 29.11
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Okay better late than never.....I was behind about 5 pages of posts.

@arsherma- I also do 10lb increments
    @Newpeople - Welcome to the group
    @Hansea- 8 mile bike ride way to go
    @Lauriek- congrats on the butterfly swim
    @Robin- If you see my food diary I don't avoid any foods so I don't have cravings :ohwell: . I need to work on better food choices.
    @Skinny- you were a cleaning machine
    @Nettie- Great control on the Indian food and happy baby moments
    @Lives2travel- Look at the trip for training as positive no temptations :bigsmile:
    @Kah- congrats on 4# loss
    @Jtconst- good luck with your new goals
    @Pamella- congrats on your weight loss
    @tunetut- Congrats on putting yourself first
    @GrammyWhammy- Welcome back
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!

@aimee--congrats on the new place and on fitting into the smaller sizes! :drinker: I'm also a grammar nazi--big surprise considering I'm an English teacher. :laugh: Have you seen this? It's one of my favorites:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4vf8N6GpdM

@tammy (jtconst)--that's awesome that you figured out a workout you can do with the bum ankle.

@robin--our temps here in chicago are also prtyy mild today--low 70s and sunny. Lovely! And yes, I'm so excited about the NYC trip!

@beachgirl--I second what aimee said about scrubbing the shower--it's the worst! But it does burn lots of calories, so I guess that's a silver lining. :ohwell:

@tom (morgori)--I've read so many good things about drinking a glass of low-fat chocolate milk after a wrokout. I don't drink milk, so I will substitute a mocha frap light or a glass of chocolate coconut water to celebrate the holiday. :tongue:

@kaye--oh my, that's so scary! Glad the bank caught it.

@danielle--I started close to 250 at my heaviest. My current goal is 170, but I've been stuck in the 180's for years.

@teresa--My scale was also up today. I've been consistently hovering between 183-187 for months now.Except for today; today the scale was exceptionally unkind and read 190. :noway: That's a number I haven't seen in ages. I know it's not real--I'm just retaining water right now, but it still made me angry to see it on the scale. I'm going to follow your lead and not let it get to me.

@april--are you going to the orlando area? My mom and dad celebrate their 50th anniversary in 2016 and we've already started talking about celebrating with a family trip. I suggested Disney b/c my niece will be a great age for the trip. We'll see.

@erienne (ebailey)--I've also gotten back to doing ab work and am feeling in through my core this week. Hope your stomach issues have cleared up.

@laurie--I know running isn't your favorite form of activity--what kind of distances have you been running in training? I had gotten in the habit of only doing 2 mile runs and realized I should up it at least once a week to a full 5k. I'm also trying to simulate what I will actually do on race day in a few weeks here in chicago. For example, I know the course has a water station at the 1.5 mile mark, so I run on the treadmill to that point and then take a 30 second walking break, and then I run the remaining portion. Even when I only plan to do 2 miles, I make sure to run to the 1.5 mile point and break for 30 seconds before finishing. Once I know the course for T2T, I will adjust my practice runs to meet the water station for that race.

@amanda (hansea)--Yikes is right! No more logging the day after for me!

Monday Check-in:
    Well just 12.5 miles to meet my goal--yay! :drinker: As I mentioned above to teresa, my scale was way up this morning, but I think it's water weight b/c I've got that bloated feeling. I'm not going to panic--I've been over a couple of days, but have more than made up for it on other days. Looking forward to the August challenge--I need to watch my nutrition more closely.

Today is a rest day exercise-wise. Just took gunner for a 2 mile walk. Weather is gorgeous for it--it's so nice, I contemplated a run outside, but I just ran yesterday. I know lots of people run every day, but I'm not one of them. :laugh:

Finally watched the second Hunger Games movie today. I liked the first one better, and of course the books are infinitely better, but it was still pretty good.

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE
    Fri--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Sat--walk gunner DONE
    Sun--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE

July Goal = 100 miles

7/1 = 3 miles
    7/2 = 0 miles
    7/3 = 2 miles
    7/4 = 2 miles
    7/5 = 1 mile
    7/6 = 2 miles
    7/7 = 8.5 miles
    7/8 = 1.5 miles
    7/9 = 2.5 miles
    7/10 = 1.5 miles
    7/11 = 1.5 miles
    7/12 = 1 mile
    7/13 = 3 miles
    7/14 = 1.5
    7/15 = 4 miles
    7/16 = 4 miles
    7/17 = 8 miles
    7/18 = 1.5 miles
    7/19 = 1 mile
    7/20 = 8.5 miles
    7/21 - 1 mile
    7/22 = 8 miles
    7/23 = 4 miles
    7/24 = 1.5 miles
    7/25 = 4.5 miles
    7/26 = 3 miles
    7/27 = 5.5 miles
    7/28 = 2 miles
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Check in:
    I'm not as well as I'd like, I ran out of my anxiety + happy pills and I cannot get more until I go to a consult.

Ended up binging and yelling at my SO, which most certainly did not deserve my bashing.

As to distance in KM:
    28/7=====> (not done!) so far 2.11
    27/7=====>3.27
    26/7=====>1.96
    25/7=====>3.28
    24/7=====>3.30
    23/7=====>4.75
    22/7=====>4.15
    21/7=====>4.41
    20/7=====>1.74
    19/7=====>1.6
    18/7=====>3.4
    17/7=====>1.4
    16/7=====>2.7
    15/7=====>1.8
    14/7=====>3.8
    13/7=====>2.0
    12/7=====>2.4
    11/7=====>3.3
    10/7=====>1.9
    09/7=====>2.0
    08/7=====>3.7
    07/7=====>2.8
    06/7=====>1.8
    05/7=====>1.3
    04/7=====>3.0
    03/7=====>2.6
    02/7=====>3.7
    01/7=====>2.1

Total KM: 76.22
    Steps 117,254

I am honestly ashamed of those numbers, I am aiming to a minimum of 5000 steps per day (about 3.7 km)
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

In honor of national milk chocolate day I have had two mini snickers. Still need to add those to my count!! :drinker:

@Helen, I don't have any advice on what to do without meds, but I hope you feel better soon. :flowerforyou:

@ skinny, I love how you call doing a 2 mile walk your taking off from exercise day! :bigsmile:

My Monday check-in is that it's been a pretty good day. Work has been VERY slow and what customers I have had over the last week haven't bought. This can be very discouraging as a salesperson who relies on commission to keep my job. However, I am determined to not let it stress me and to keep my attitude up. I know that at any moment someone can walk in and buy a house full of furniture. Just have to wait it out. :glasses:

I did join a group today called "Pushing Hard Through the Holidays" It's a 20 week challenge, from July 28 to December 22. I figure with this thread support and monthly challenges and this new group it might help me stay more focused. Ya'll might want to check it out! :wink:
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options

@fera--any word on when you will be relocating to IN?

Skinny - I was reading through since my last post and just saw this.

The vote is this coming Sunday, and if it goes as anticipated (meaning he gets 2/3 or better of the congregation vote), his ordination will be August 24th, and then we will be headed up for him to start the week after Labor day. :)

He's actually doing the compensation negotiation tonight. Everyone is assuming this will go through, including the synod level leadership. :)

----

I was kinda lazy the last couple days because it was SO HOT. Can't wait to move north! I'm doing better today. :)

Also, I finally got under 300! woohoo!
  • ebailey710
    ebailey710 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in: I have successfully gone dairy free for one day and my stomach is already feeling a lot better. I ran this morning and it felt amazing. My knee was getting a little sore, and so I am still hoping for the promotion to come through because I will be rewarding myself with new shoes. On that front, the big boss asked my boss if we are staffed enough for me to go to the other side. She still hasn't cleared it with licensing yet, but it sounds like this is for sure...ugh.

Mileage
    7/1: 2.5
    7/2: rest
    7/3: 2.5
    7/4: rest
    7/5: 2.5
    7/6: rest
    7/7: 3
    7/8: rest
    7/9: 3
    7/10: 11
    7/11: 0
    7/12: 4
    7/13: rest
    7/14: 4
    7/15 rest
    7/16: 4
    7/17: rest
    7/18: 0
    7/19: 4
    7/20: rest
    7/21: 0
    7/22: rest
    7/23: 0
    7/24: rest
    7/25: 0
    7/26: 1
    7/27: rest
    7/28: 4.5

MTD 46
    Goal 50
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    July mileage/active minutes

7/1: 13 miles, 197 AM
    7/2: 2.5 miles 32 AM
    7/3: 5.1 miles 135 AM
    7/4: 8.1 miles 360 AM
    7/5: 5.5 miles 120 AM
    7/6: 9.3 miles 213 AM
    7/7: 2.5 miles 55 AM
    7/8: 5.8 miles 175 AM
    7/9: 7.5 miles 150 AM
    7/10 3 miles 90 AM
    7/11 6.5 miles 150 AM
    7/12 6.5 miles 143 AM
    7/13 12.1 miles 120 AM
    7/14 5.3 miles 122 AM
    7/15 3.2 miles 105 AM
    7/16 1.9 miles 60 AM
    7/17: 2.6 miles 63 AM
    7/18: 4.8 miles 128 AM
    7/19: 6 miles 135 AM
    7/20; 13.1 miles 260 AM
    7/21: 5.6 miles 130 AM
    7/22: 0--- REST!!!
    7/23: 4.6 miles 100 AM
    7/24: 4 miles 75 AM
    7/25: 8.4 miles 375 AM
    7/26: 0-- REST
    7/27: 12 miles 210 AM
    7/28: 3.5 miles 90 AM
  • aprilshowers0417
    aprilshowers0417 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    happy Monday!! managed to stay in limits/walked 1.5 miles till rain became to heavy to handle. I more day to work, then getting ready for my trip. i did suck it up and weighed myself sat. not good, but on the bright side I acknowledged to myself that licks bites nibbles do count, and if this is going to work, I have to be more honest with myself. this is a learning process, so learn I will.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @april--yes, sadly all those little nibbles add up. :ohwell: Also, I do much better when I use my food scale consistently. It's so easy to over or under-estimate portions. I save the guessing for when I'm out at a restaurant.

@erienne (ebailey)--it stinks that you still haven't gotten a definite "yes" on that promotion. I know shoes are expensive, but I would urge you to go buy new ones now. Don't wait for a little bit of soreness to turn into a serious injury.

@fera--congrats on reaching Twoderville!! That's awesome!! :drinker: Yes, the temps here in the midwest have been really nice lately.

@teresa--thanks for the tip on that group challenge. I used to do a lot of those, but have so much trouble keeping up with more than one thread, that I haven't attempted any in awhile. I may check it out though. And yes, I realize walking 2 miles isn't necessarily a rest day for everyone (and I actually just took gunner for a second 1 mile walk). Before I decided to get healthy, walking gunner was my only form of exercise--now it's just a normal part of the day though I do still log it in my exercise log.

@laurie--in case you already took my mileage for today, I just changed it to 3 miles after a 2nd walk with gunner. :smile:

Exercise Goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner
    Wed--walk gunner + gym
    Thurs--walk gunner
    Fri--walk gunner + gym
    Sat--walk gunner
    Sun--walk gunner + gym

July Goal = 100 miles

7/1 = 3 miles
    7/2 = 0 miles
    7/3 = 2 miles