Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Kookyk9s
    Kookyk9s Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Going to check out fitbits today. Maybe that will keep me motivated, Anyone else using this gadget? Have not been on the treadmill in several days - make that weeks, Did take 2 dogs to the park with my friend and her dogs and did flyball practice for 1 hour and nice walk for another hour so went home with tired dogs and tired me.

Rough day at work yesterday. Ate cookies to compensate. As if that really helped - NOT!!

Today is another day. Like others I have do some housecleaning. HATE housework, If I were ever to win a lottery first thing I would do is hire housekeeper. HATE that job. Also need to empty and clean the trailer. End of season, Have appointment to have it winterized next week. Expensive week this one and next Needed brakes all around and ball joints on the new van - not expected and the winterizing, Going to affect the fun money. YUCK.

Am invited to a formal dinner with my 86 year old father for Thursday. Quandary is what to wear. Have little in the closet that is formal and fits so off we go to find something. Have not even been able to wear heels for a long time - Hurts the feet when you are carrying so much extra weight. Maybe kitten heels. First need to search the closets. Never know what is lurking in the nether reaches in there. Would not let the man down for anything in the world so I will find something somewhere.

Puppy had me up at 3:30 am and I am still up. Going to stay up for the day till at least 9 pm so I do not wake tomorrow at 3 am again. This is third day in a row. Need to reset the dog alarm clocks and then I will be fine.

Good luck everyone on their Thanksgiving celebrations and weekend eating and fitness. this is just practice for Christmas and we can do it.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @Kooky~I, along with several people here, have a Fitbit and love it. I have the Fitbit One and actually just ordered the FitBit Flex (they had a pink one for Breast Cancer Awareness month) and am waiting for it to arrive. They just introduced a new Fitbit Force also, its similar to the Flex but costs a bit more.

@Karen~Enjoy your weekend at Lake Geneva, I know you'll get back in the wagon - you always do. :wink:

@BJ~Yikes, what a terrible experience. I'm afraid that could turn me away from gyms as well, I'm sorry that happened to you. I hated gyms for a long time so bought my own elliptical, but I got to the point where I knew I needed to start using weights so just searched until I found the right gym to join.

@Holly~I have days where I'm over and days where I'm under (not always intentional) but I don't bank calories to use at a later time, I think banking them like that will eventually backfire. Eating too much over maintenance at any time will eventually catch up, maybe not right away but in a day or two.

@Laurie~Glad you had a break from the school day to help de-stress a little, sounds like you had a great climb to end the week. Hope the rain stops soon, send it here - we really need it! :wink:

@Mel~Enjoy your Thanksgiving celebration this weekend and the time spent with your family.

AFM~Not sure what's planned for today. I took a really long walk yesterday, ended up being about 8 miles (wouldn't you know it, forgot my Fitbit - again! :grumble: ) so I haven't decided what I'll do today, I didn't do any running drills yesterday and the weather is a bit iffy and humid so may go to the gym and do running drills on TM. Yesterday I did a little bit of shopping, still didn't get to Trader Joe's like I wanted though.

Have a great day!
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    WOW heavy load at school this quarter!

The health & wellness class is fascinating. One of the big projects is to write a fitness plan using the FITT principles. Frequency Intensity Time & Type are the basics. Here is what I have so far (if anyone is curious).:

SMART GOAL MUSCULAR:
    Performance goal: Get up to the “poor” level for the fitness tests in Lab 4.2, where I was “very poor” by the end of the quarter.
    Participation goal: Complete two days a week of strength training as noted below from lab 4.3.
    FITT Principles:
    F: Frequency: Tuesday and Saturday
    I: Intensity (See above in reference to the appropriate exercise): Mostly I will start with body weight as my resistance, since I cannot perform standard weight training at this point.
    T: Time: I will start 2 sets with repetitions of 6 times each to remain consistent. I will attempt increase on my second go around, if I am able.
    T: Type: The 8 exercises listed below:
    Exercises:
    1. Modified pushups (Muscle groups- deltoids, pectoral muscles)
    2. Squats (Muscle groups- abdominal muscles, quadriceps, hamstring, gastrocnemius)
    3. Lateral arm raises (without a machine) (Muscle groups- deltoids, pectoral muscles, biceps)
    4. Modified sit ups with ball (abdominal)
    5. Resistance band pull ups (Muscle groups- biceps)
    6. Heel raises (Muscle groups- calves, thighs)
    7. Leg lifts with weights (sitting) (Muscle groups- calves)
    8. Lateral raise (one side at a time, 3lb) (Muscle groups- deltoids)

SMART GOAL Cardiorespiratory:
    Performance goal: Walk a mile in 18.50 minutes by the end of the quarter.

Participation goal: Walk three times a week

Frequency: 3 days a week

Intensity: "Talk Test" / ability to maintain a pace where I can hold a conversation without gasping.

Time: 1 Mile/20 minutes

Kelley- Fitbit Force? I must check this out! Kooky- I love my Fitbit One. It really keeps me honest, but also provides me with motivation throughout the day. I have started taking the stairs at work, just to see myself meet my stair goal (7 flights a day) and though I adjusted the walking goal to 5,000 steps (I'm kind of a weeny and some days only hit a little over 2k), I hope to up that to 7,000 after a month. By next summer, I want to reach the "normal" amount of walking which is 10,000 steps.

Sooooo I am almost recovered from my cold. Still a little rough around the edges, but I did start logging my food again and am showing a couple of days of meeting my step goals or coming close. I think I am back in action (finally). That's my Saturday success. :drinker:
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Kaye - "big curves on a shorty" are you saying you look rather like Dolly Parton now? sounds wonderful! :bigsmile: I wouldn't mind it at all!

MWQueen - I think you'll be OK this weekend with your surplus calories. I don't think you can do this all the time, but once in a great while won't hurt you. I have zig-zagged my calories before so that I could enjoy a larger feast on the weekends too and it has evened out over the week for me. Often times I do not lose weight that week though, but that is fine with me too. I hope you have a great time socializing with your friends, you deserve to have some fun - laugh it up!

Marca - great report with the Dr - glad all is going well - its probably all that fresh rabbit you eat! Have a great weekend visiting with your family from out of town!

Mel - how wonderful that your family "grew" to fulfill your wishes for a large family! I have those same wishes! Thirteen is a wonderful size - although the cooking can be somewhat a burden - but good for you for doing it because you LOVE them! Whereabouts in Canada do you live?

Karen - I think you're right about your muscles retaining water. If in doubt, try taking ibuprofen if your achy at all, it will drain the water right out of those muscles! You've been super about increasing your activity - where are you getting all the energy?

Laurie - I'm so glad you had a break from the classroom! The neuroscience lecture sounds so interesting! I love stuff like that ! Is there a link by chance? Oh my goodness - 6 inches of rain - where does it all go? :noway:

Toots - thats truly a labor of love!

Skinny - enjoy Lake Geneva and your days off the wagon - I know there will be lots of drinking - have a Baileys for me!

Susan - you have such a busy life I don't envy you at all - but I sympathize with you! I have the grey roots syndrome right now and seeing my gal on Monday. How do you get yourself moving and out of the house so fast on your days off - I find myself putting that off for hours!
    Congrats on your gym work-outs and keeping yourself on track and looking at your weight on a monthly basis rather than fussing over a weekly weigh-in. With your life-style I think you've got the best plan possible for yourself. I'm so proud of you!

Kooky - I think its grand your going to a formal affair with your father - hope you don't have too much trouble finding an outfit and can keep the costs down. Shoes are a big pain aren't they? I can't wear heels either, so I'm with you in sisterhood on that issue! GOOD LUCK! What is considered FORMAL anymore is so different in definition than what was considered formal years ago that I would have to take someone shopping with me for guidance! I was at a restaurant 2 weeks ago when a group of high schoolers came in and sat down for dinner all decked out in their Homecoming party wear and it was just amazing what the girls had on. I had to keep looking over at them and admiring the range and diversity of their outf its. Amazing stuff.

Kah - 8 Miles - wow and congrats - that is just stupendous! what the heck is in your energy bars???? And you need to tape that Fitbit to your front door! :laugh:

Naceto - Yes! I am interested! Thanks for sharing your info- very interesting - and you are going to make great progress! Are you using a spreadsheet or something to record your daily progress? I log every day that I exercise and it gives me such satisfaction to write it down!
    Its a shame school is a heavy load for you - I hope you have time to breathe!

I got a great workout helping my friends move plants in their yard. I replanted about 25 hostas and peonies and then shared pizza and wine (2 pieces of very small pizza and 1/2 glass wine) with them. It was a great upper body work out, and I also did quite a bit of walking. I felt it more than compensated for not doing my regular exercises yesterday.
    Today, if I get my butt in gear, (shaking head - have killed 3 hours already) I will go get a prescription, get a shingles shot, come home and clean my mirrors, and then go out for a few hours this evening with friends for some board games.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options

Naceto - Yes! I am interested! Thanks for sharing your info- very interesting - and you are going to make great progress! Are you using a spreadsheet or something to record your daily progress? I log every day that I exercise and it gives me such satisfaction to write it down!
    Its a shame school is a heavy load for you - I hope you have time to breathe!

I got a great workout helping my friends move plants in their yard. I replanted about 25 hostas and peonies and then shared pizza and wine (2 pieces of very small pizza and 1/2 glass wine) with them. It was a great upper body work out, and I also did quite a bit of walking. I felt it more than compensated for not doing my regular exercises yesterday.
    Today, if I get my butt in gear, (shaking head - have killed 3 hours already) I will go get a prescription, get a shingles shot, come home and clean my mirrors, and then go out for a few hours this evening with friends for some board games.

They have sheets in the book for tracking, but I think your idea of a spreadsheet will be easier.

It sounds like you got quite a workout helping your friends! One thing I like about the Fitbit is that even if I don't log an official walk or other exercise, it does the logging for me. For example; I did no planned exercise yesterday, but I think it logged a 200 and something deficit for me! Of course, that works in the opposite direction on some days...
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Going to check out fitbits today. Maybe that will keep me motivated, Anyone else using this gadget? Have not been on the treadmill in several days - make that weeks, Did take 2 dogs to the park with my friend and her dogs and did flyball practice for 1 hour and nice walk for another hour so went home with tired dogs and tired me.

Rough day at work yesterday. Ate cookies to compensate. As if that really helped - NOT!!

Today is another day. Like others I have do some housecleaning. HATE housework, If I were ever to win a lottery first thing I would do is hire housekeeper. HATE that job. Also need to empty and clean the trailer. End of season, Have appointment to have it winterized next week. Expensive week this one and next Needed brakes all around and ball joints on the new van - not expected and the winterizing, Going to affect the fun money. YUCK.

Am invited to a formal dinner with my 86 year old father for Thursday. Quandary is what to wear. Have little in the closet that is formal and fits so off we go to find something. Have not even been able to wear heels for a long time - Hurts the feet when you are carrying so much extra weight. Maybe kitten heels. First need to search the closets. Never know what is lurking in the nether reaches in there. Would not let the man down for anything in the world so I will find something somewhere.

Puppy had me up at 3:30 am and I am still up. Going to stay up for the day till at least 9 pm so I do not wake tomorrow at 3 am again. This is third day in a row. Need to reset the dog alarm clocks and then I will be fine.

Good luck everyone on their Thanksgiving celebrations and weekend eating and fitness. this is just practice for Christmas and we can do it.

I LOVE Servern Bridge area...spent several weekends in that area this past summer...almost, bought a modular home in a (trailer) park which is on the river near to the bridge...the modular home was lovely and the amenities were great. Haven't bought it though as you don't own the land and that's kind of a hard idea to get used to. Also, the first 'gated' community that I've seen in Ontario....the developers have a gated section of the park where they sell 'monster' cottages. ( weird though as there's no gate)!
  • Kookyk9s
    Options
    I LOVE Servern Bridge area...spent several weekends in that area this past summer...almost, bought a modular home in a (trailer) park which is on the river near to the bridge...the modular home was lovely and the amenities were great. Haven't bought it though as you don't own the land and that's kind of a hard idea to get used to. Also, the first 'gated' community that I've seen in Ontario....the developers have a gated section of the park where they sell 'monster' cottages. ( weird though as there's no gate)!
    Be glad that you did not buy the modular home, If it was provincial land then the province has moved to "market rates" and the local papers are full of people *****ing that they can no longer afford the cottages that they have had for years and years. Lots of complaining to the MPs etc. does not seem to be going anywhere. It is a pretty neck of the woods though and I like it here. With the exception of winter which |I do not like anywhere except where it is at least 70 degrees F. Last year lots of the river property in Severn township flooded for the first time in more than 50 years and there was talk that it was the province's fault because they decided to let the more rural people flood out to save the towns. This flooding happened in Minden and Haliburton this past spring also. Buyer beware!!

As for fitbits - I have pretty much decided to get the flex. Call me vain but I like the idea of a pink one and a pack of three different colored bands for an additional $15. Base price of 99. Means vanity is served for less than the force which is starting out at 129.99 and only comes in slate or charcoal. Cannot see that the stair thing is so great - especially when it only counts when you do up and not when you go down. Do not know how I got to be vain and fat at the same time. Should be mutually exclusive options if logic is all that counts.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Robin--LOL. I definitely don't look like Dolly Parton. I tend to be a bit pear shaped. I have a barely D bust, a defined waist, and a bottom that is definitely there, but no longer a shelf. I do look pretty well proportioned now, but I think a size 10 or 12 would be more appropriate for my height than my current 14. Thanks for a good chuckle! Kaye
  • vickimieth
    vickimieth Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone ... I'm back again (like a bad penny?). Sorry to have been MIA for a while, I've been dealing with a lot at work, and we had a crisis with the daughterling - she's just returned home today (bad relationship, then blew the engine in her car driving home from NE and we had to scrape together funds to get her the rest of the way home).

Obviously, stress levels have been enormous... and fitting another adult into the house (and on one income) is a challenge. I'll be here as often as possible.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Well the rain continues to fall but has slacked off for periods of time today. Robin- most of the rain will sink into the ground (hopefully) or run off into the bay (most likely). Many places were starting to flood due to the heavy amounts of rain.

Nicole- I love your fitness plan. The goals you have set are realistic and achievable. Good luck in meeting your goals.

KarenL- the weight gain could be due to water retention because of muscle soreness. Give it a few days and see if it goes down.

Karen-Hope you have fun in LG. It sounds like a beautiful place. I am sure you will be back on the wagon come Monday. We all need a break from time to time.

Today was a bust for me in the exercise department. Instead had the oil changed in my car, and got my nails done. I just did not feel like working out today. At least I walked up to the shopping for my nails so that was something. I think I was just tired today and my throat is a little sore. I did walk up to the shopping center at the brisk pace so that counts for something. A down day is just what I needed.

Exercise plan for this week
    Sunday- Swim and bike
    Monday- Trainer work
    Tuesday-weight workout
    Wednesday-swim
    Thursday bike
    Friday-rest
    Saturday-water aerobics
    Sunday-triathlon
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Happy Day! Go Tigers!! it is 9:15pm where I am at and Tigers got a hit in score is no longer 0-0 :bigsmile:

Ok I need to clarify I wasn't trying to bank my un-ate calories I was trying to understand the zig zag thing I have heard people talk about. Regardless I was within my calories.

Today my walking has been mostly around the house doing chores, to the trash outside, and around the store. My son finally had a weekend day off we spent most of the day together hanging out and a driving lesson. I must say I don't like being a passenger in a car I can't take control over. He did awesome and we even practiced hills on a super steep one. I own a stick so hill practice is a must.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: Well, I made it through a super busy week. Whew. Overall, I'm pleased with the week. I met with the trainer on Monday and completed 4 work outs at the gym. When I first started, I could barely last 5 minutes on the elliptical without breathing super heavy. I'm now doing intervals for 30 minutes from 130-170. I can't believe I'm not dying on that machine so I know I am getting stronger. The pounds are super slow coming off, but I'm seeing wins in other places. Plus, I've been participating in an October Squat Challenge with my trainer and her trainees. Tomorrow I have to do 130 of them. Fun, fun! Cyrus and I are doing the Color Me Rad 5K again next Saturday so that should be fun. I think I'm going to sign us up for the Great Santa Run again too in early December. We had fun participating last year. I like make these annual events for us.

@ Kooky - I've been using the FitBit One for about 3 weeks. Like others I think it has helped me to really push myself. The first week I had 67,000 steps and last week was 72,000. I really like the steps and mileage the best. Stairs are fine, but I don't really have reason to use many. The calories burned are interesting and always seem a lot higher than they should be, but everyone tells me its calculating correctly and the same with the sleep function. I get so upset with myself when I forget to wear it. I need to get a wrist band though because I think I accidentally threw away the one that came with it. I now just clip it to my bra, but to wear it sleeping I hate to wear the bra. LOL!!

@ Robin - You're really a sweetheart. I wonder sometimes how I'm going to get through the day, but to be honest I always keep reminding myself how lucky I am. I've really been focusing on staying positive and keeping the negative out. While my schedule seems crazy, I know there are so many others out there who juggle even more. Plus, I'm trying to keep our life balanced so I have to get so much done each day. I'm in a really good place right now. No complaints.

@ Queen - I do not look forward to those driving days whatsoever. My son is already a back seat driver. "Mom, the speed limit is 55 and your going 70. Mom, why did you turn right, you're supposed to turn left. Mom, you can't park." I can only imagine the kind of driver my son will be, but I've still got 4 years of sanity. Thank goodness!!!

@ Laurie - I hope the sore throat was just a little tickle and you're not getting sick. I think your rest day was very well deserved.

@ Vicki - It's so good to see you post. I'm so sorry for all the stresses right now. I know you've got so much on your plate and being the only income brings so much responsibility. I'll be thinking about you and I hope life will balance out for you quickly.

@ Nicole - Interesting stuff. I think you're off to a great start. I can't wait to hear more about your class as you go along.
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Sorry I've been absent this past week. I fell off the wagon so to speak. I had a week off and had all kinds of things planned but got very little done including coming online to log. I didn't log in for almost the full week. No excuses just got lazy. Stayed up late and got up whenever. I did manage to get some yard work done one day and did do some much needed house cleaning (although much more needs to be done). But I just couldn't get motivated. Its almost like I was sabotaging myself because I had just registered a weight loss on my first day off and then fell apart. Can't figure out what's going on in my head. But, I'm back to work tonight and logged my food for Saturday in. Its our Thanksgiving w/e here in Canada but both my daughter and I are working this w/e so we'll get together next w/e to do the family dinner thing. Don't have much family left as we're all sprawled out and about and don't keep in contact very often. We used to have big family get togethers with the neices and nephews but now they all have families and seem to go with the other side of the family for the holidays. Its kind of sad to not have that extended family around any more. I miss it.
    Hope everyone has a great w/e and for those of you here in Canada, Happy Thanksgiving. Charlotte
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was right on target with all my plans. I worked around the house and got the bathrooms cleaned, then cleaned all the mirrors in the house - yep, there's a lot of them -great bicep work - the closet doors are ALL MIrrored - hey, maybe that's why I'm so motivated to lose weight since I moved here a year ago :laugh: , then I went and got my shingles vaccination - which to my utter surprise did not cost $25 like I anticipated but $205 :angry: luckily I had a credit card on me!

Then it was off to play board games - played a fun one called DIXIT - I loved the art work on the cards that were laid down - google it - it was a prize winner as far as board games go, and MURDER MYSTERY MANSION. It was quite a silly night. I ate only a cheese bread appetizer for my dinner and drank diet pop. I avoid cheese and bread normally so it was a great meal!.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Well, we had a lazy morning - just couldn't bring myself to get up early today, so dozed on and off til 9. I never stay in bed that late!

@Holly~Some people do zig-zag their calories, it works for some. I have days where I consume higher carbs than others, like if I'm going to have a really long or intense cardio session - need the carbs for energy, then more protein for recovery afterwards. For the most part though, I try to keep the calories the same and very rarely eat back exercise calories.

@Kooky~I like that the Flex has interchangeable wrist bands as well, I'm sticking with the Pink for a while and then will buy that 3-pack you mentioned down the road. I like tracking mileage the most and I like to see stairs climbed also - probably because i have a 2-story house. :laugh: I have loved my One that I've been using for the last year, but after it took a bath in the washing machine it hasn't worked as well. I'm anxious for my new Flex to arrive - it keeps track off all of the same stuff, only doesn't have a display like the One and Force do.

@Nicole~I love your goals, thanks for sharing them and what your learning in your class!

AFM~After walking 8 miles on Friday and a walk/run for 3 miles yesterday, I hurt everywhere - and I've got a session with my trainer in an hour!

Its another overcast day here today, we did get a little bit of rain yesterday but it didn't cool things down - its still humid. Rain chances improve this afternoon and cooler temps are on the horizon later in the week. Fingers crossed!

Guess I better get ready for the gym. Have a great day!
  • beachgirl613
    beachgirl613 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was a bust for me in the exercise department. I had absolutely no motivation since it was pouring out. I did manage to scrub the bathroom so at least my arms got a good workout.

Today it's still raining and I'll be in front of my computer all day doing some consulting work that came in and probably do a grocery run for vegetables and fruit.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Just checking in from my friends iPad. Please excuse typos.

We had a fun evening out in town. It's Octoberfest so a bit crowded. Had some cocktails but I agreed to be dd so only 2 for me until we got back to the house. We went to dinner and my friends got greasy appetizers, but I got a chicken wrap instead. Ate some fries but still better than the apps.

Today I ake up and got dressed to go out walking. Both my friends joined me, and we probably did a little over 4 miles on the hilly trails at a decent pace. Afterward we went shopping to tj max. I bought 2 new sports bras, a pair of yoga pants, a pair or dress slacks, and 2 casual tops. It was a really nice haul and all things I need.

We are going out for dinner again tonight, but I will make decent choices.
  • Kookyk9s
    Options
    Well I broke down and finally made a decision and parted with my money, Ordered the Fitbit Flex - pink and the band accessory package. Fitbit itself ships in 3-4 weeks - back-ordered. Accessory package ships in 8-10 weeks. Also back ordered. If I would accept a black or slate-colored one one they are in stock at Future Shop and Best Buy and Sport Check but vanity has won out in the end. What can I say. I had a good workout walking all over the place to see if I could just pick up one the "right " color. On the plus side my Christmas shopping is officially done as I did that while looking at yet another black and/or slate Fitbit Flex and no fitbit Force to be had in stock. Hurrah!! I usually have it done by Halloween but I am now done. Feel like a wieght has lifted. Cannot remember when I was last done this early. Maybe in university. Did not have a horrible day for eating even though I ate out for breakfast and lunch. Put all ingredients in the crock pot, set temperature and time and forgot to turn it on. Came home to raw ingredients. Should be ready sometime after midnight while I am sleeping. Will be good for tomorrow and the rest of the week.

Shopped in my closet and found leggings. new ankle boots never worn and fancy top - all hiding waiting for me. Need to clean that closet. Tried on 2 dresses - fit but old fashioned with padded sholders, full skirts and midi length. Cannot believe that I once wore them. Still love the print on the dresses but the rest has to go. Off to goodwill. Will buy new dresses when I get skinnier much much skinnier.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday weekend. Weather here has been raining all day. Supposed to stop and clear up and be sunny tomorrow. Dogs need an good walk. So that is 3 rounds around the concession to do them all. Will be nice in the sunshine.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    can't put it off any longer.....must get some housecleaning done as we are having 20 people over for thanksgiving tomorrow!! Turkey is thawing in fridge and veggies purchased. It is so beaurtiful i just had to go our for a bike ride and met my daughter for a cup of tea after she got off work. That is a bit silly as she lives here! but it was nice to sit in the sunshine!
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Charolote- Happy Thanksgiving!! I have also experienced the loss of family at the holidays. Most of my extended family has moved to other states so it is just the immediate family left. I do miss the large family dinners.

KarenL- Happy Thanksgiving!!! Enjoy the family dinner.

SkinnyKaren- A great shopping trip and a wonderful hull.

A nice weekend overall and the rain has finally stopped. Today, I had a great workout: swam for 30 minutes, bike 15 min, then ran for 10 min. It felt good to do all three but the difference in my legs was very noticeable, so it was good practice for next weekend. This week I will be working on transitions between events and some strength training.

Exercise plan for this week
    Sunday- Swim, bike, and Run DONE
    Monday- Trainer work
    Tuesday-weight workout
    Wednesday-swim
    Thursday bike
    Friday-rest
    Saturday-water aerobics
    Sunday-triathlon