What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options

Replies

• jerber160
    jerber160 Posts: 2,606 Member
    Options
    Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
    You so are not!? I hope it's abridged. I tried once... and I think I was on page 4329 and the lovers hadn't met yet. I gave up. It's also one of my most hated musicals ever. Hope you enjoy it tho.
  • vanillacoffee
    vanillacoffee Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    The Venice Conspiracy- Sam Christer
  • PhoenixRising7
    PhoenixRising7 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Just finished Philomena by Martin Sixsmith and will be starting The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling).
  • MonaLisaLianne
    MonaLisaLianne Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    John Irving's "The World According to Garp"

I found that book to be soooo depressing.
  • BigDaddyD72
    BigDaddyD72 Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    Official Truth, 101 Proof: The Inside Story of Pantera by Rex Brown
  • cherrygaldiet
    cherrygaldiet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Sea Sisters by Lucy Clarke
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Kushiel's Dart, though I'm thinking i may re-read the Sprawl Trilogy soon.
  • chelsie_1984
    chelsie_1984 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Currently reading Driving with Dead People,by Monica Holloway. Over half way through. Writer is great, story is going in a complete different direction than the title suggests.
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    the wolf gift by anne rice, because i'm actually 12 years old, not 21. it's taken a really cheesy turn and i'm quickly losing interest.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    World War Z - Max Brooks(?), 4th of July - James Patterson, and Gone Girl - Gillian Flynn (?)

I just finished Gone Girl. Excellent book, but the ending PISSED me off. Ugh. :explode:

World War Z. My favorite book last year. I can't believe what they did to the movie. But it kinda worked. However, I read the book twice. Sooo Good!
  • constellation709
    constellation709 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Oh hey! I'm reading Kushiel's Dart! I'm not far in, but my friend says it's a must-read.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I'm nearly finished with The Wars of the Roses by Alison Weir and I will move on to The Princes in the Tower next (also Weir).

She wrote Princes first, but Roses is about the period leading up to that, so I decided to read them backwards.
  • Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    "My Life at Rose Red - The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer"

A very small book compared to what I'm used to, and I'm slightly torn apart by the fact that I'm reading someone's diary, but this story has always intrigued me.
  • lylasnan
    lylasnan Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I loved that book! Highly recommended!
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I stopped by a thrift store and picked up The Big Bad City, by Ed McBain the other day when I had to take my Mom to the Doctor's office. I had read it years ago, but McBain never gets old.
  • hlbrennan
    hlbrennan Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Because I work in the Children's Dept at the library, I'm reading the How to Train Your Dragon series by Cressida Cowell,
    but also, Hidden Girl: The True Story of a Modern-day Child Slave by Shyima Hall
    and,
    Nothing to Envy: Ordinary Lives in North Korea by Barbara Demick

I recommend all of them, including the dragon series, because they are all very good. The HTTYD series makes me LOL on occasion!
  • thezorb
    thezorb Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Harry is awesome! I just read the newest book, Skin Game.
  • audrast
    audrast Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Audiobook: Blood Song by Anthony Ryan, epic fantasy (highly recommend)
    Actual book: Not My Father's Son by Alan Cumming, memoir (also recommend)
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    "My Life at Rose Red - The Diary of Ellen Rimbauer"

A very small book compared to what I'm used to, and I'm slightly torn apart by the fact that I'm reading someone's diary, but this story has always intrigued me.
    Did you see the miniseries a few years ago?

And maybe I'm reading your post wrong, but you know Stephen King wrote that book and it's fiction, right?
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options
    "The Kite Runner" - Khaled Hosseini :smile: