EXTREMELY EMBARRASSED AT WORK

Replies

• ZOOpergal
    ZOOpergal Posts: 176 Member
    Can't...stop...laughing...Now I'm crying cuz of laughing so hard. Thank you. Thank you.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    I think everyone needs to lay off this OP. I have done various fitness challenges with a group of friends to help motivate us to keep moving and stay healthy. Multiple times we have done squats challenges, without a barbell (geez!). Sometimes we challenge each other to do 10 squats every hour... and yes, I have done these in the bathroom stall at work! Why don't I do them in the hallway? Are you kidding me? I'm sorry, but I can't be the only one who doesn't want random coworkers walking by and watching me workout; even if it is just for 10 or 20 or 30 squats. It's awkward. I applaud you OP for taking extra time to workout. I believe that working in little bits of additional exercise throughout your day is really important.

You've obviously learned your lesson; maybe the bathroom stall at work isn't the best place to be doing 100 squats in the morning. As far as your boss's behaviour, definitely talk to HR.

But it's far less awkward than being know as the office masturbator. Your argument is invalid.
  • martinel2099
    martinel2099 Posts: 899 Member
    Assuming you're not a troll and whether or not squats in the bathroom is a good idea or not aside, I'd have to quit that job after being called a liar by my own boss, that's not cool. I'd also seriously consider a sexual harassment case. Regardless of what your boss thinks you were doing in the restroom he wasn't actually there to hear it for himself and I doubt he had sufficient evidence to come to that conclusion. Making noises in the stall is not sufficient in my opinion. Talk to a lawyer.

As for squats in the restroom, I think you're better off just doing those at your desk if you can't do them at home. Sure people might look at you funny but at least it doesn't leave as much to the imagination.
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    The squat is certainly not the most appropriate exercise for this situation. Next time go for the snatch OP
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Ironically, my boyfriend is trying to get me to grok squat at work.

At my desk.

In my chair.

While I'm with a client.

I think he got this brilliant idea from Mark Sisson.

I'm a professional, in a business office, in business clothes.

Who helps clients all day long.

No.

No. No. No.

I'm not squatting at my desk.

Especially after reading this.
  • aliu00
    aliu00 Posts: 61
    It sounds like a funny story. Well, I can imagine the sticky situation.Before I was trying to figure out a place to exercise,but only end up walking around the block. There is no safe place to exercise except a gym.:( Luckly I work from home now, no more issues there.
  • SamLD88
    SamLD88 Posts: 111 Member
    Yeah, your boss has no right to accuse you of masturbating with no evidence. That's sexual harassment, to a T. If your boss is the *owner* of the business or there's no HR, I would consider a lawsuit.
  • sseqwnp
    The squat is certainly not the most appropriate exercise for this situation. Next time go for the snatch OP

Might have been a clean and jerk in that stall ...
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    :huh: :huh:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    All funny aside.

At the end of the day the woman that reported you is an idiot. Go talk to her.
    Her role, working in the same office and then spreading her tale around, it's easy to come to the conclusion that she's a poor co-wanker.
  • sseqwnp
    It sounds like a funny story. Well, I can imagine the sticky situation. Before I was trying to figure out a place to exercise,but only end up walking around the block. There is no safe place to exercise except a gym.:( Luckly I work from home now, no more issues there.

resized_the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-always-see-but-when-i-do-it-s-what-you-did-there-20d287.jpg
  • 1. You shouldn't be squatting in the bathroom when you're "on the clock." If you are going to, you shouldn't do it in a restroom other people are using.

2. Talk to HR. Your boss shouldn't have been having this conversation with you; HR should have. This screams of troll, tbh. Your boss didn't believe you? Why would a boss think *kitten* > squatting?

+1000
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    8186911.gif
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Yeah, your boss has no right to accuse you of masturbating with no evidence. That's sexual harassment, to a T. If your boss is the *owner* of the business or there's no HR, I would consider a lawsuit.

Uh, her co-worker was the one who complained. Her boss was addressing the complaint which is what he should have done.
    my boss called me in his office and explained to me that a co worker had heard me masturbating in the bathroom and it really disturbed her. I was in total shock trying to explain to my boss that i was just trying to get some quick squats in because i never have to time to exercise (because im always paper pushing for him) . He then said that he doesnt believe me and i need to do my personal business at home and not on the job and this was a warning.

By "personal business" he could mean anything including doing squats in the bathroom. I agree with another poster who said that she must have been caught in some fibs before for her boss to not believe her. If this was a real situation (which I am doubting it is) her boss would more than likely have raised the concern/disgust of the co-worker (in an embarrassed sort of way), asked what she was doing and then told her to "just be cognizant in the future or do them somewhere else".

ETA: And a lawsuit for what, exactly?
  • benchsquad65
    benchsquad65 Posts: 147 Member
    I do bodyweight squats in the bathroom at work all the time, helps me to relieve myself if I didn't get enough fiber in, and might get me a solid 20 minute break from work.
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    I died laughing reading this.

This is why we don't do silly things at work or in a public restroom.
  • Ultium
    Ultium Posts: 7
    Forget the negative posts. This is straight up sexual harassment. Regardless of whether you should squat or not in the John, everyone is now talking about you in a sexual way at work. I would go to HR without hesitation and tell them you are making a sexual harassment claim. Your boss is way out of line here and should have walked a very tight rope when addressing this.
  • Lzbrg22
    Lzbrg22 Posts: 13
    I dont understand why everyone is being so mean about this. I guess I dont know what troll is either. i come on this site for motivation and inspiration to see how others are helping their health. I think the point was maybe trying to find a better way to find time to fit in a workout here and a little support as to how awful that was handled. After all the title DOES say EMBARRASSED at work so why make her feel worse? Anyway...sorry that happened to you and I hope for your sake it dies down soon enough. I would do what others said too and go to HR if there even is an HR department where you work. Not every place is that big. Good luck!
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Forget the negative posts. This is straight up sexual harassment. Regardless of whether you should squat or not in the John, everyone is now talking about you in a sexual way at work. I would go to HR without hesitation and tell them you are making a sexual harassment claim. Your boss is way out of line here and should have walked a very tight rope when addressing this.

While she's at it she might as well accuse the person who supposedly heard her and everyone else in the office for that matter.

Which one thing that was asked the OP never addressed: How did she know it was you?