Is that the new word for it squats lol
  • Noogynoogs
    Noogynoogs Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Don't squat much
  • cheexy85
    cheexy85 Posts: 119
    Options
    If the OP can "run stairs" for her exercise, she can do her squats in the stairwell.

And I would much rather have my coworkers SEE what I'm doing so they can't make their own assumptions and be known as Ex-Lax lady or the office masturbator.

But again the question that the OP has not answered yet is how did her co-worker know it was her?

Because after i finished up my squats i went to wash my hands and fix myself up and she came out the stall a few seconds later. It was only us in the restroom

Wait.. You went to wash your hands after you were "squatting"?

Yes she did... You are supposed to wash your hands anytime you visit the rest room even if you didn't pee. Come on people, please be nice :ohwell:
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Is that the new word for it squats lol

I think I am due for some "squats".
  • bloggymomx
    bloggymomx Posts: 72
    Options
    Well... For one your boss called you a liar. Which implies that either in the past you haven't been truthful, or your boss isn't very understanding as a person. But, since it has come to the point where your co worker has told everyone, I would take that up with HR. That can be damaging to someone's position in the company, and your co worker had no right to tell any one other than your boss. It would have been much classier if she had come to you, but that time has passed.

EXACTLY WHAT I WAS THINKING.

First of all when you do squats I would say the sound you make when you're "in the zone" would be more so misconstrued as being constipated than climaxing. However if your boss came right out and called you a liar, you've done something in the past in order to lose his/her trust. I think THAT is more of an issue than what your boss throught you were doing. Secondly, if your co-worker told everyone, which is EXTREMELY IMMATURE, I would take it up with someone higher than your boss because that's very wrong and can be classified as harassment.

I smell BS with this story, but whatever. It was still a little amusing.
  • eomuno215in541
    eomuno215in541 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Well first i should start off saying that i don't have much time to exercise so i try to get some in at work. I usually walk stairs on breaks and things like that.
    I knew today was going to be a busy day and i wouldnt have much time to do anything. So i decided i was going to get my squats in early so i wouldnt have to worry about them later. I went to the ladies room and i was doing squats in the stall. I was doing great and got up to about 70 squats. On my last set my co worker walked in to use the restroom. I didn't think anything about it because i was so in the zone and was focused on getting my last set of squats in so i can get some coffee. You know how you make some type of noises when you have to push yourself on your last set? Yea....
    15 minutes later my boss called me in his office and explained to me that a co worker had heard me masturbating in the bathroom and it really disturbed her. I was in total shock trying to explain to my boss that i was just trying to get some quick squats in because i never have to time to exercise (because im always paper pushing for him :grumble: ) . He then said that he doesnt believe me and i need to do my personal business at home and not on the job and this was a warning. When i walked back to my desk everyone is just staring at me so i know my co worker had told everyone. I am so embarrassed beyond measures.
    Everyone keeps whispering behind my back, ugh Whyyyyy.

Sue the firm's *kitten*, cuz that's a violation of privacy not to mention a form of harassment. And when you're masturbating in the bathroom, selfie!
  • marchellaz
    marchellaz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    get one of the etsy shirts for your last day there that points to you butt and says squats or drop it like a squat :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If the OP can "run stairs" for her exercise, she can do her squats in the stairwell.

And I would much rather have my coworkers SEE what I'm doing so they can't make their own assumptions and be known as Ex-Lax lady or the office masturbator.

But again the question that the OP has not answered yet is how did her co-worker know it was her?

Because after i finished up my squats i went to wash my hands and fix myself up and she came out the stall a few seconds later. It was only us in the restroom

Wait.. You went to wash your hands after you were "squatting"?

Yes she did... You are supposed to wash your hands anytime you visit the rest room even if you didn't pee. Come on people, please be nice :ohwell:

1291371993_cartman-whateva-i-do-what-i-want.gif
  • HarleyQuinn26
    HarleyQuinn26 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I agree you should get up earlier to workout at home or in the gym. This would save you from future *kitten*/squat incidents at work.

I get up at between 2:15 am and 3 am to workout because that's the only time I have. When you want to workout you make that a priority and fit it into your schedule in a way where you won't get in trouble at work.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    Who makes noises while doing bodyweight squats?
  • Tomm88
    Tomm88 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Squatting at work is a great way to save time i will admit... i might give it a try, getting the squat cage and barbell into the stall might prove a problem though SRS!

Lol in all seriousness though if you were'nt on the clock then hell it's no one's business what you're doing in a bathroom unless you're seriously causing a public disturbance. If you're not on your bosses time you can do whatever you want right? whether it be squatting or masterbating lol.
  • I_need_moar_musclez
    I_need_moar_musclez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Why didn't you get your boss to smell your fingers?
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Who makes noises while doing bodyweight squats?
    This was my very first question.
  • ChriJMitch
    ChriJMitch Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Exercising at work could definitely be seen as wasting company time, so your boss has a bit of a right to be mad.

I will sometimes do leg raises or crunches at my desk while waiting for code to compile, but that is because I literally can't do anything else till it is done :)
  • Barbellarella_
    Barbellarella_ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    This is SO fitting

throne-of-lies.gif

Oh and yes how DID you fit the barbell in the stall?:laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

I've got an image of someone thrusting their fingers under someone's nose shouting, "PROOF!"
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I'd confront the coworker about it if it were me. Tell her I don't appreciate her making assumptions like that, and then squat in front of her! Lol. Tell her about the squatting. If you act awkward you only look guilty.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    I do squats while waiting for the microwave at work. I'll do one-legged bench squats or walking lunges across the break room. There's cameras in there, but I don't care. No one has ever said anything.
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

You sir, win the Internet for today.