EXTREMELY EMBARRASSED AT WORK

Options

Replies

• Summerberry1012
    Summerberry1012 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I agree on the HR approach because you were unfairly reprimanded and you don't want that on your record. After your visit to HR I would ask that they speak to your co-worker to clarify the issue and to let her know how she handled it was unprofessional - she needs the warning! She needs to know that spreading it around the office was inappropriate and she should have only told your boss as something like this could damage your reputation and working relationship with others. In the future, maybe do your squats outside of the stall so there is no room for error :p It was an honest misunderstanding.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Don't squat next time. Instead work on your snatch.

Clean and snatch!

Yes of course! That makes the most sense. Can't enjoy a good snatch without the clean first.
  • jasonmh630
    jasonmh630 Posts: 2,850 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thought of the The Office when I read this?

lol... Nope.
  • mrsfoster102613
    mrsfoster102613 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well I thought it was a very lovely story. And you tell it so well, with such enthusiasm.

Fantastic use of a Forrest Gump quote. I applaud you, sir.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,256 Member
    Options
    I love a story with a happy ending.
  • willywonka_71
    willywonka_71 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    This is quite seriously an HR issue that you should report IMMEDIATELY. A male boss should not be having a discussion with a female employee about *kitten* without a female HR representative in the room. The fact that he chose to have the discussion with you solo, going only on another employee's word alone can be viewed as sexual harassment. He should have talked to HR, BEFORE he talked to you as well. And if your co-worker went around telling everyone what you were doing in the bathroom (regardless of what it was) is also sexual harassment. I had to discipline one of my employee's because he was telling other co-workers about how much another guy "stunk up" the bathroom. It was all in fun, but it is still harassment and does not belong in the workplace.

You need to have a discussion with HR. Now. Your boss is overstepping his bounds.

And workout at home for crying out loud...

Strong agree
  • chr1st1na6464
    chr1st1na6464 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    That sounds like sexual harrassment to me. Seriously!
  • onlystavros
    Options
    On a serious note you should go to HR, being accused of something you haven't done isn't cool. However if you've been making random noises in the bathroom then it's easy to jump to conclusions.
  • cadaver0usb0nes
    cadaver0usb0nes Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    You should tell that ***** to mind her own business LOL
  • Sharon_C
    Sharon_C Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who thought of the The Office when I read this?

lol... Nope.

Sorry. I couldn't help it.

the-office-s9-premiere-ratings_zpsb63235f7.jpg
  • stacked
    stacked Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    This thread is the best!
  • Shalaurise
    Shalaurise Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I think there is a time and a place for everything - and a toilet cubicle at work is not the place for exercises.
    Certainly not a handicapped cubicle either - that is meant to be kept vacant and available for handicapped people who need to use it.

If you must exercise at work do it in the open- walk up and down the stairs or such like.

Keep the squats for at home or the gym or outside in a park.

Though the OPs story is not one that would be an issue for me as... well screw squats.... I understand the desire to hide from others. I know that I avoid letting anyone know that I am trying to eat better or get exercise. I don't want their judgement. I don't want to deal with their BS when I eat something I want that isn't the best choice. I don't want to deal with their laughing at me cause they can do it better or because they noticed I didn't do an exercise they normally notice me doing. I already have to deal with this kind of crap from the roommate at home, and do hide in my bedroom for most of my non walking challenges, I am not ready to deal with it from the strangers I work with too... still wouldn't do squats at work though, bathroom stall or not.

"Squats" though, totally different story. It's my break and I will do with it as I please. :D I mean... *gasp* how could someone do that at work?
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    so what...what I do in the bathroom is my own business tell your boss to keep his nose out of your bathroom time.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    so what...what I do in the bathroom is my own business tell your boss to keep his nose out of your bathroom time.

Except it's being done on business property. So they do have a right to expect their employees not to do certain things on/in their facilities.
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    Just one more quick question... do you take any supplements before and/or after masturbating?
  • DSTMT
    DSTMT Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    OP did you go to HR?
  • FitGal4ever42
    FitGal4ever42 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    :laugh: I have been heard doing " squats " LMAO ! Yes.... squats.. is that what it is called now.
  • Valrotha
    Valrotha Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Go to your boss' office and perform your squats there.
    That should solve the issue.

Beat me to it.
  • Sweetiepiestef
    Sweetiepiestef Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    1) I am super sorry this happened to you but you made me crack up all day. Most of the answers while not helpful at all were hilarious as well. I especially liked the carwash one and the heroine idea (would not ever do either).

2) Definitely go to HR!

3) If it were me and everyone was staring at me I would say very loudly "WHAT? You never had a bad reaction from food you ate the night before?!" That would probably shut them up :)

Good luck and sorry again!
  • ShellF415
    ShellF415 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    SO many questions about the logistics of all of this. How big of a stall is this that you can do squats in there? And how did she not see you once you were near the floor? And why, when she heard the noises, did she not look and see you obviously squatting in the gigantic stall which I assume had a standard stall door? I need MythBusters.