Poll: Do You Wear Makeup to the Gym?

Options

Replies

• EmmaEVille13
    EmmaEVille13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    nope - I sweat and runny makeup just doesn't look so hot.. plus I believe that I don't need to draw on my face to look pretty :)
  • alpinehealth
    alpinehealth Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    It always looks nice to see women in the gym who wear a bit of make up and nice gym clothes. I wear nice gym clothes and make sure I don't smell bad. Sometimes even spray a wee bit of cologne on.
  • fatcity66
    fatcity66 Posts: 1,544 Member
    Options
    Heck no.
    I sweat a lot and makeup is the last thing I need.
    But I rarely ever wear makeup anyway. Don't need it. :heart:
  • EmmaEVille13
    EmmaEVille13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It always looks nice to see women in the gym who wear a bit of make up and nice gym clothes. I wear nice gym clothes and make sure I don't smell bad. Sometimes even spray a wee bit of cologne on.

sorry but isn't a gym a place to work out to get healthy? what do I need to look good for?!
  • cHaRlIe0411
    cHaRlIe0411 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Nope. It might have happened before, but only if I went out the night before and was too lazy to take it off!
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a gym membership in several years (mostly run, work out at home or go to the occasional studio class), but I prefer to work out with a clean face. That said, if I am going to a class right after work, I usually don't bother to take off my makeup first.
  • levitateme
    levitateme Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I don't. I wake up at 4:30 AM and run out the door, so I'm lucky I even have clothes on. I also always have sweat rolling down my face, just seems really impractical to wear makeup.
  • misspor
    misspor Posts: 2
    Options
    Never wear make up to the gym, don't see the point in it, my aim is to sweat, sweat, sweat!
  • Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Beautifulbridgittlee7 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    not for swimming, running, zumba, cycling, etc b/c it comes off
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 4:40am and out the door by 4:55am. No need to put make up on before the gym since I'm going to be showering when I get home anyway.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Yes. I wear a little mascara and some lip gloss.

It's sometimes the only time I get out of the house (I work from home) so it's just something I do to make me feel good about myself. =)
  • Jdolphin42
    Jdolphin42 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    If it's on from work or whatever I was doing that day, yes. If not, no way! I just sweat it off anyway!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Anybody else find it fascinating this is a zombie thread.

Bumped by the same person with only four posts. Over a year apart.

And no, unless I'm working out straight after work on the odd day I wear makeup or it's left from the night before and I was out late..
    I never wear makeup to the gym.
  • goldmay
    goldmay Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't see the point when I'm going to sweat it off 10 minutes into the workout anyway. Even when I'm coming straight from work, school, etc. I'll usually wash off any makeup because runny mascara doesn't look good.
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    No, no makeup, jewelry, perfumes, none of it...I go to sweat and workout not to look good.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Only if it was there when I go to the gym after work. Otherwise, no.

Mascara trails after sweating are so attractive.
  • josephsgoddess
    josephsgoddess Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    no. i sweat profusely and i'd just have makeup dripping in my eyes and annoying me. I shove my hair back off my face, put on shorts, a tank and my running shoes and just walk that treadmill for an hour. I don't care how i look, i just want as little on my person as possible that's going to hinder my workout.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    No, just lip tint sometimes. But, I rarely wear make-up anyway.
  • sc003ro
    sc003ro Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    yes every workout