Poll: Do You Wear Makeup to the Gym?

Options

Replies

• mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I just wear concealer nothing else, Anytime that I've gone if I had foundation on left from earlier the day or anything it makes me sweat more.
  • ybee1991
    ybee1991 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    ...No. I sweat at the gym and even just not washing all my makeup off causes my face to start burning, and I wear really expensive makeup. I wear makeup when going out or something, not the gym.
  • Bellodesiderare
    Bellodesiderare Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I rarely wear make-up at all. I'm pretty without it ;)
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I just noticed that this thread started 2 years ago. Interesting!
  • MissHolidayGolightly
    MissHolidayGolightly Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    No. How else would I post my #NoMakeUpGymSelfie?
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Yup. Waterproof mascara, cause blonde eyelashes + eyebrows are weird. Just a little, no one ever notices
  • Shan_Lindsay
    Shan_Lindsay Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym after work and the only make up I wear is mascara, so yes, I have mascara on.

If I am going on the weekend then no.
  • headofphat
    headofphat Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    I'm too busy looking at myself at the gym. Do women wear make up?...
  • gelar93
    gelar93 Posts: 160
    Options
    NO. I don't go to the gym to look pretty and meet people (someone posted a topic here about how she dresses cute in the gym hoping that guys would approach her!!!). I'm there to workout, the sweatier I feel by the time I'm done the better. I don't want to see Mascara running and my skin sweating with foundation covering it. It is nasty.
    Ladies, you don't need makeup to look attractive in a gym. Just don't, seriously.
  • Kate7294
    Kate7294 Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    No makeup here. Usually swim with my kid's after. Did buy a new sports bra though no one can see it. LOL. I have been considering getting a spray tan though. All the pretty people at my gym have tans; The rest are senior citizens.
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    makeup is for Halloween. (i'll skip the gym that day.)
  • Humbugsftw
    Humbugsftw Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Hell no. I go to the gym to work out hard, to sweat my balls off. Not to look pretty.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    No.

I used to when I worked out at the fitness center at the company I worked for but that was because I was working out on my lunch and had a limited amount of time and didn't want to bother taking it off. Let me also add that I don't wear a lot of make up so sweating my face off was never an issue.

I either workout in the morning or in the afternoon. Either way I only wear make-up when I'm dressing up to go out some where.
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    if I go immediately after work, then yes.... if I have time to run home first then no, I make sure I take off the make-up....
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I don't wear makeup ever.
  • xmichaelyx
    xmichaelyx Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    I wear makeup and cute clothes to the gym because when I feel sexy, I work out harder. I don't like going out in public feeling "frumpy", and that includes the gym.

If this bothers people, then they clearly aren't working hard enough.

Meh. I'd say if you're concerned about how you look at the gym -- or think anyone there is looking at you -- then you clearly aren't working hard enough.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    nope - I sweat and runny makeup just doesn't look so hot.. plus I believe that I don't need to draw on my face to look pretty :)

I'm sure you are pretty- but don't be snarky about people who have make up on- I'm lovely without my make up- I don't NEED it to make me pretty- but I do love wearing it- it makes me happy. And it looks good.

so keep the snark to yourself.

I personal do not get why people rag on others with make up on their face. I wear an OBSCENE amount of make up- to work- to go out wherever-r I LURV my make up. dancer problems- you get obsessed with contouring and black eye liner. I keep the glitter to shows though- lord- my boss might die if I wore glitter to work LMFAO.

If you can apply it well- and use good primer and product you're face won't slide off- I have done 1.5 hours of lifting plus an hour of stair master- and my face wasn't perfect- but it stayed put.

If you like to wear make up to the gym- wear the make up- if you don't - then don't. no need to pass judgement or opinions on others because of your personal decision.
    makeup is for Halloween. (i'll skip the gym that day.)
    then every day is Halloween...

WOOT WOOT

except I never skip the gym- not even on halloween.
  • IndecisiveGirl2013
    IndecisiveGirl2013 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Nope. I'm generally too lazy to bother putting on makeup unless it's a special occasion.
  • Lemongrab13
    Lemongrab13 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It wouldn't even be a possibility for me unless I wanted to look like I'm a melting clown because I sweat A LOT.
    Half of it would end up on a towel and the rest would be smeared on my face like war paint.
    If the war was headed by RuPaul.
  • bugaboo_sue
    bugaboo_sue Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    nope - I sweat and runny makeup just doesn't look so hot.. plus I believe that I don't need to draw on my face to look pretty :)

Wow. Why so snarky? I'm sure you're absolutely breathtakingly beautiful (sarc). It doesn't mean that those who wear makeup or choose to for that matter are ugly.

I don't wear make up the majority of the time. Really the only time I "do my face" is when I am going out with my husband and it's because I want to.