CHEESE?

Options

Replies

• Flutterloo
    Flutterloo Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese a lot. Usually just the recommended serving. Sometimes I will eat it twice in one day. I couldn't live without cheese, lol.
  • Icandoityayme
    Icandoityayme Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese all the time. If I didn't eat what people tell you that you shouldn't eat because it's bad, I would starve to death. I am going to eat what I like and work around it. I eat swiss and mozerella a lot. I did start stearing clear of american cheese singles.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    I think if you ask 10 "experts" you'll get 10 different opinions. Some say a serving of full-fat dairy helps you lose more weight than not having it. Some say limit it to low-fat dairy and you're fine. Some say avoid it all together. It cracks me up.

This is my opinion: If you want it, enjoy it! (In moderation, of course.) I haven't given up a darn thing this time around and I don't plan to. That includes cheese! (BTW, Sargento has amazing thin-sliced cheeses that run between 40-60 cals a slice depending on the type. Full flavor and none of the junk that gets added to the low-fat and non-fat kinds!)
  • Rhaynestorm
    Rhaynestorm Posts: 62 Member
    Options

And do you really want to spend the rest of your life counting calories?

:laugh: I don't count calories. I lasted 2-3 weeks doing that.

You're lucky that you don't have to then. But you probably already have a good idea of how many calories certain food items have that you eat regularly, even if you don't realize it, and that influences your food choices.

I know that, for me, if I wasn't counting calories I wouldn't have lost 10 lbs so far. And I'll probably have to keep counting even after I reach my goal. But that's ok and it doesn't bother me. It's all about you doing what's best for you. IMO.
  • Early_Riser
    Early_Riser Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just read half this thread as Chinese. I was like huh??
  • blupanda12
    blupanda12 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love cheese!!! :love:

I routinely eat 3 string cheeses a day because they come prepackaged, don't need refridgeration, and are delicious!! They also help me meet my protein macro.

I vote eat cheese, the stuff you enjoy, be it full-fat, light, no-fat, whatever, as long as you count the calories. As many others have said, as long as you manage your macros and calories, eat whatever you like!!
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese with nearly every meal, hasn't been a problem. Just be careful with portion sizes, as it can be calorie dense. And worth each and every one. :love:

In ten years, "calories in, calories out" will be completely dismissed, just like we dismiss leaches, which were used by doctors through the early 19th century.

Hold the phones people, we have a psychic in the house!!

I forgot. "Calories In, Calories Out" is a religion on this site. Just like Veganism.

Do your own research and you will find that you are better off eating a 200-calorie avocado than a 200-calorie doughnut.

Here we go again… the guy who is trying to go against SCIENCE.

and yet, some of us can be in a consistent caloric deficit and not lose weight.

if nutrition, fitness, and weight loss were truly all about the calories (because a calorie is nothing more than a unit of heat), we would be able to consume any material that's capable of burning and go on our merry way. but we can't. we're limited to things that are either protein, fat, or carbohydrate... and even then, there are things our bodies can't handle.

personally, i'm waiting for the day when a genetic test becomes available to point out certain markers that show some people shed weight more easily and more readily, while others hang onto every calorie as if it were their last. since genetics determines everything else about us, it's ridiculous to think it has no bearing and that there's a one-size-fits-all solution to weight loss.

there are already a host of medical conditions, prescription drugs, and vitamin deficiencies that have been shown to impede or even counteract attempts to lose weight. yet people still cling to that "calories in < calories out = weight loss" formula and refuse to acknowledge that anything else might be a factor.

just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for me or anyone else. your mileage WILL vary.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    There is literally no such person. It is physically impossible.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Mmmm cheese.

I think even if I had a lactose intolerance, I would still eat cheese.

This is why we're friends :heart:
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese with nearly every meal, hasn't been a problem. Just be careful with portion sizes, as it can be calorie dense. And worth each and every one. :love:

In ten years, "calories in, calories out" will be completely dismissed, just like we dismiss leaches, which were used by doctors through the early 19th century.

Hold the phones people, we have a psychic in the house!!

I forgot. "Calories In, Calories Out" is a religion on this site. Just like Veganism.

Do your own research and you will find that you are better off eating a 200-calorie avocado than a 200-calorie doughnut.

Here we go again… the guy who is trying to go against SCIENCE.

if nutrition, fitness, and weight loss were truly all about the calories (because a calorie is nothing more than a unit of heat), we would be able to consume any material that's capable of burning and go on our merry way. but we can't. we're limited to things that are either protein, fat, or carbohydrate... and even then, there are things our bodies can't handle.

personally, i'm waiting for the day when a genetic test becomes available to point out certain markers that show some people shed weight more easily and more readily, while others hang onto every calorie as if it were their last. since genetics determines everything else about us, it's ridiculous to think it has no bearing and that there's a one-size-fits-all solution to weight loss.

there are already a host of medical conditions, prescription drugs, and vitamin deficiencies that have been shown to impede or even counteract attempts to lose weight. yet people still cling to that "calories in < calories out = weight loss" formula and refuse to acknowledge that anything else might be a factor.

just because it works for you doesn't mean it works for me or anyone else. your mileage WILL vary.
    Just because you THINK your in a deficit doesn't mean that you are. The calories out is the most variable factor in the equation, some find it easily, some find it with time, and others can't find it and claim that calories in, calories out doesn't work.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    calories in, calories out.

If you like cheese, eat cheese. Just remember that cheese is high in calorie for low volume so you should definitely weigh it out, if you aren't already.

String cheese is great because it has no carbs and no sugar. The notion that fat makes you fat is archaic. For example, avocados, which have lots of fat, are universally praised by most in the know.

So cheese (or an avocado) is much better than having a sugary yogurt, wheat thins, bagels, or a candy bars for a snack.

In ten years, calories in, calories out will still be used just like leaches are still used by the medical community today.

They use leaches all the time when reattaching severed body parts like fingers. They also use maggots to remove necrotic tissue from wounds. Isn't science grand?

Your dogma sounds awfully familiar, troll.
  • _Disintegration_
    Options
    MMMMMMMMM CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    I put Bleu cheese on ma hawt wangs
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I have easily cut out cheese, but a friend of mine would rather cut off a limb than cut out cheese.

If you like it, then eat it, and count it.
  • meridianova
    Options

hi there. i am that person. unless you'd like to argue that either the information on MFP is ridiculously wrong, or my scale is slowly weighing heavier and heavier.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

I am curious about cheese. I LOVE cheese and can eat a whole block if I wanted lol. I have been eating the string cheese as a snack.. usually 1 a day. (its easy to take to work). I was recently told that cheese is not a good food choice to eat when you are trying to lose weight (fat). Any one can talk more on this by experience, etc?

My biggest thing is meal planning and whats good to eat for snacks, lunches, breakfasts... and also being diabetic. *sigh*

I would be vary wary of someone who told me cheese is not a good food choice when trying to lose weight because I suspect that they would be saying it in order to steal my cheese

Eat cheese in moderation and its fine when it fits into your calories, the macro's are great with protein and fats and it goes soooooooo well with red wine.

There are some acceptable lower fat/calorie cheddars around now as alternatives but I tend to go more for a full fat, strong tasting blue cheese because a little then goes a long way
  • Veil5577
    Veil5577 Posts: 868 Member
    Options

hi there. i am that person. unless you'd like to argue that either the information on MFP is ridiculously wrong, or my scale is slowly weighing heavier and heavier.

It's been proven that being in a calorie deficit causes weight loss. If you take in less than you burn, the body loses weight. Simple as that. If you aren't losing, you're eating more than you think.
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options

Actually a lot of the information on MFP is ridiculously wrong, with some vastly underestimated calorie entries from member added foods
  • meridianova
    Options

Just because you THINK your in a deficit doesn't mean that you are. The calories out is the most variable factor in the equation, some find it easily, some find it with time, and others can't find it and claim that calories in, calories out doesn't work.

MFP says i'm in a caloric deficit. everything i eat is either weighed or pulled from published nutritional information and entered accordingly. my daily limit is set at within 100 calories of my BMR, and after daily exercise is figured in, my intake is actually below my BMR.

this isn't a case of "THINK". this is a case of data.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Cheese is delicious (but high in fat) therefore it rarely fits in my macros these days (but sometimes it does)