CHEESE?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Stunning that a little thread about CHEESE has turned into yet another "it's just math" argument.

That seems to be a trend lately
    For virtually every thread. Then the OP disappears, and everyone wonders why.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Cheese is a great snack for dieting. Fat doesn't make you fat. Don't worry about the cheese (within your calories and as part of a balanced diet).
    This!

I've eaten cheese all through my weight loss, and I still eat it - as a snack (great with sliced apples!), on tacos, burgers, pizza, sandwiches, etc.

Eat the foods you like, just fit them into your goals, unless you're planning to give them up for the rest of your life. :smile:
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    I'm responding directly to the OP, I haven't read any posts afterward, so apologies if I'm sidelining any current discussion.

This is a topic very close to me. I consider myself a devoted turophile and eliminating cheese was never an option. So, I'm not sure what my ticker says today, but the one constant over the 16 months since I started this fitness effort is that I've had cheese every damn day. Typically 1 oz, sometimes 1.5 oz, but never 0.

Some days I find I'm a little behind on my fat macros. Guess what can help get me there... cheese! Other days I may need a little protein boost. Cheese to the rescue! Sometimes, I'm behind on both. You can probably guess by now how I go about solving that problem.

So no OP, don't cut out cheese. Enjoy!
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I do not want to live in a world where cheese exists, but is not in my mouth.

I eat cheese everyday OP and it has not hindered my weight loss progress in the slightest. Portion it out so it fits within your macros and you'll be fine.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I eat cheese pretty much every day and I'm doing fine, one word of advice please stay away from the low cal/low fat cheese, go hard or go home.
  • chadya07
    chadya07 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    i just feel i must throw this in there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxqycijBUn0

if i knew how to post a GIF i would.
  • lauranelson779
    lauranelson779 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Cheese, my other lover. And my enemy

Seriously, I had to cut it out completey do to migraines (and chocolate, and wine. And hotdogs. Life sucks). Since then I have not gained or lost more weight. I'm only sadder (although I am migraine free,) In conclusion, cheese did not hinder my weight loss. So eat cheese and be happy as long as it fits into your calories.
  • Maleficent0241
    Maleficent0241 Posts: 386 Member
    Options

then please, honestly... explain to me how any of us determine how our personal, individual metabolism functions. because right now, i'll be damned if i can get any answers out of my own body.

i'm not trying to be snarky with this, but its a battle i've had all my life. if metabolism is unique to the individual, then so is their ability to lose weight.

Get your RMR tested if you really want to know. I sure as hell did. I was one of those in which the equations didn't work. Well, they did until I started on a medication cocktail, and then I started gaining at a calorie level that previously had me losing. I was not a medical marvel, the medications simply shifted my metabolism enough that a very small deficit became a surplus.

NO ONE loses weight if they aren't in a deficit, and NO ONE gains it if they are. It's impossible. When people think they are defying the laws of physics it's a matter of online equations not accounting for the fact that the "calories out" side is potentially vastly different than what is predicted.

And OP, eat the cheese. Yum.
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I'll try to post it for you...
    watch?v=GxqycijBUn0
    guess not!!
  • Cortelli
    Cortelli Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I love cheese to the the extent that if cheese tasting was a job, I may consider a career change.

It is indeed a job! However, the employers-to-job seekers ratio is kinda off the charts.

I have been diligently looking for one of either a cheese taster / cured meats taster / wine taster job for some time now. The openings are few and far in between, and the employers appear to demand some sort of specialized skill beyond loving the subjects of the tastings. And the pay sucks for most. But the work environment / fringe benefits are exceptional.:drinker:
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I love cheese Babybel Gouda with a fruit is a great snack.