Can't give up alcohol - started replacing meals with beer...

Options

Replies

• v6s30
    v6s30 Posts: 43
    Options
    I'd say switch to weed ... but that, unfortunately, opens another Pandora's box of endless munchies. :smokin:

I've heard meth is fun aaand suppresses your appetite win win!

I'd rather do coke.. but I don't have those kinds of connections ;) (kidding of course)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I don't have a drinking problem but I do need a drink to help with my other problems...

That statement is incredibly sad.
  • v6s30
    Options
    Frenchmob I don't drink until after 5pm so...

All right. I was on the fence. I call troll, too.

Oh FFS. Message me and I'll link you my facebook
    Because? I'm not saying you don't exist. I'm doubting the sincerity of your post.

Why would I be honest about my identity if I was some 13 year old idiot troll?
  • trinatrina1984
    trinatrina1984 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Ok I've had the best idea... I can have a beer with a vodka added... beer taste... more alcohol!

thats called a power shandy where I come from, its alright.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Without reading through all this, you have got to be a troll.
    If you are not a troll..

Honestly your drinking issue is a bigger concern than your weight(which is a healthy weight)
  • LifeWithPie
    LifeWithPie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks for the replies

To be honest beer fills me up pretty well so it's a pretty good substitute for dinner hunger wise.. anyway I am usually highly active - at work I am on my feet all day and on days off I am walking my dog and doing housework... but I have cheat days a few times a week where I go out to bars/clubs/parties and usually eat pretty badly on those days too. That's why my calorie goal is 1250 - to make up for cheat days.

Anyway, I think I'll start drinking spirits then.. or maybe wine?

LOL...wow, just ...wow.
  • keefmac
    keefmac Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    2cwnz3k.jpg

Guiness is great!, I have a pint to relax on a night and can savour it. It's like a meal in a glass..

I used to do 8 pints plus on a Friday/ weekend night and this is where mozt of my excess calories came from.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options

Because? I'm not saying you don't exist. I'm doubting the sincerity of your post.

Clearly I'm bored today and so are you.

No one said you were 13 or an idiot. Simply that you started a thread to get people to react to see where it would go. Even adults do that sometimes. Heck, I've done it. And I didn't hide my identity because it was meant to be fun, as I assume this was as well.

But you ruin it by replying directly to those accusing you. You're supposed to keep the ruse going more subtly than that. Therefore, 3/10. good try, though.
  • shadowofender
    shadowofender Posts: 786 Member
    Options

Troll does not equal idiot 13 year old being fake. Troll can also mean sarcastic for the sake of a rise out of people, sarcastic just to be sarcastic, so many many things.

And I was on the fence too, until the vodka in the beer post. I never want to assume someone is being facetious but I get the impression more and more.
  • mssarahell
    Options
    No judgment; we all have our vices. Whiskey sodas are my jam. Soda water has zero calories, so you're just rollng with bubbly whiskey!
  • leedabonita
    Options
    Here is a thought. First I don't know your age or how active you are but there is a chance you can increase your calories and still remain in a deficit.

You can have the beer but guess what - keep dinner to meat and veggies. You can get your protein and fibrous carbs and keep the calories quite low.

The other option, add more activity to keep that deficit in tack.

Even if you are lightly active, you can likely handle 1500 calories a day and remain in a negative. Average women calorie on a "diet" would be 1500-1600. Lower if you are petite and not very active but you are 5'8 - so you are good to go!
  • stephgas
    stephgas Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ok, thanks for the replies

To be honest beer fills me up pretty well so it's a pretty good substitute for dinner hunger wise.. anyway I am usually highly active - at work I am on my feet all day and on days off I am walking my dog and doing housework... but I have cheat days a few times a week where I go out to bars/clubs/parties and usually eat pretty badly on those days too. That's why my calorie goal is 1250 - to make up for cheat days.

Anyway, I think I'll start drinking spirits then.. or maybe wine?

to the OP: beer filing you up pretty well does not make it a good substitute for dinner. alcohol is empty calories. you're replacing nutrients with alcohol. i would recommend eating a meal for dinner, maybe something light but full of nutrients, and having one beer if you desire.

do you know in america we still have people suffering from severe malnutrition? and the bulk of them are alcoholics. for educational information, of course. and from a diagnostic standpoint, 'needing' to drink every day and drinking to deal with problems are both part of the criteria used to diagnose alcoholism/addiction.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If you need a drink or two every day and can't imagine yourself not drinking, maybe stop drinking for awhile.
  • penny0919
    penny0919 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    You have cheat days "a few days a week" (your works upthread I believe)...so basically your 1250 calorie goal is for the other two days?
  • jmv7117
    jmv7117 Posts: 891 Member
    Options
    Why do people feel the need to be rude? smfh.. answer the question or don't answer at all……

but here is my two cents when I NEED a drink or two since some work days leaving you thirsty! I usually have 2 vodka waters with cucumbers or lemon. it's not everyones cup of tea but it works for me! I also have a glass of water for each drink I have! Alcohol makes you retain water so don't give it the chance to by alternating an alcoholic drink and glass of water :-)

Alcohol is a dieuretic aka causes you to lose water. A hang-over is partly caused by dehydration from the alcohol. Drink extra water when consuming alcohol to counteract the dehydration.
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Owl trumps all.
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I don't have a drinking problem but I do need a drink to help with my other problems...
    post-11921-Aww-yiss-owl-gif-Imgur-V8Ro.gif

This owl, I mean.
  • janicelo1971
    janicelo1971 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Im 5'6 and 132 pounds and looking to lose another 5 or so...i have a calorie goal of 1350 a day...i also enjoy my tequila daily...or at least most days...I just add 500 calories into my daily allotment for alcohol and eat healthy meals/snacks around that....for me its just preplanning....on the days i don't drink its amazing how much more you can EAT...but i also am with you...when i drank beer, yes its very filling and i also didn't eat dinner....
  • v6s30
    Options
    You have cheat days "a few days a week" (your works upthread I believe)...so basically your 1250 calorie goal is for the other two days?

There are 7 days in a week.. I probably cheat 2 days per week.. so around 5 days I am on 1250. These days are what I am asking advice for. :)