Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Dear Woman in Makeup at the Gym

Replies

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Bravo & Cheers to your post CMCOLLINS :drinker:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    At first I was like:

1800795-not_again.png

then I read it, and was like:

b%C3%A9b%C3%A9%2Bfunny.JPG

because it wasn't what I expected, so for that I:

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif

It's kind of a bait and switch but also not really. It was an open letter to the lovely lady at the gym, so it's not an inaccurate title.
  • Listeninguponyou
    Listeninguponyou Posts: 507 Member
    That was sweet. I really didn't expect that, I'll read it later when I need more inspiration. :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    That was sweet. I really didn't expect that, I'll read it later when I need more inspiration. :flowerforyou:

No one ever suspects...a thread not full of complaining.

Which is kind of sad, actually
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    My day is not complete without an argument thread.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    I see you there, Woman wearing Makeup at the Gym. I see you in your yoga shorts, showing off thighs that look like they're carved from rock and an *kitten* an artist would weep over, and your tank top showing guns to die for. I see you with your carefully curled hair, held back with a headband that has the nerve to match your shirt, you smell faintly of apples, and have tastefully painted fingernails, with not a single chip that I can see.

This paragraph....
    bo1uvg4.gif?1

I mean.....inspiration and yay and stuff.....

but still...
    bo1uvg4.gif?1

I liked that part also. And I love meeting lady friends at the gym.
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    That's why you should never judge. Amazing story and message:happy:
  • MJ_Watson
    MJ_Watson Posts: 180 Member
    Great thread! You defied my expectations, and I'm so glad you did! :flowerforyou:
  • SuperC_85
    SuperC_85 Posts: 393
    What a relief from the normal hating.
    :heart:
  • Peachy1962
    Peachy1962 Posts: 269 Member
    Cheered me right on up!!! :flowerforyou:
  • alison067
    alison067 Posts: 43 Member
    What a great read first thing in the morning. Here's to a positive day all round :)
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    OP, you rock!
  • Love this! :happy:
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    I loved it! You're wonderful.
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    At first when I saw the title..I was wary of clicking but so nice to see this. I don't wear makeup but I admit, I love wearing cute matching outfits, and I've seen my fair share of eye rolling at my choice of matching attire and cute brazil shorts and tank tops. Doesn't mean I don't know how to train. I do. I just like fashion too. And I'd spot you in a heartbeat.

;)

Plus there are so FEW women even near the barbells at most gyms..so we got to support each other!
  • riirii93_
    riirii93_ Posts: 475 Member
    I was pleasantly surprised by the tone of this post. I was expecting more hate mail about women in makeup in the gym. As if it's anyone's business!
  • GenF32
    GenF32 Posts: 184 Member
    At first I was like:

1800795-not_again.png

then I read it, and was like:

b%C3%A9b%C3%A9%2Bfunny.JPG

because it wasn't what I expected, so for that I:

applause-gif-tumblr-47_original.gif

Off topic, but is there anyone hotter than The Rock? *sigh*
  • dammitjanet0161
    dammitjanet0161 Posts: 319 Member
    My gym clothes only match because I only ever buy black gym clothes, and I never wear makeup at the gym because I rarely wear makeup ever, but I still love this! :flowerforyou:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Yeah, I hate that too.

There you are, having an awful day, basking in hate for humanity, wallowing in sorrow if not despair like a giant bowl of extra chocolate Nutella and along comes Wendy or Perky or whateva-her-beauty and breaks into you personal space of darkness. Just to share a little joy and interact. As if. If I wanted to talk to people, I'd work at a drive thru. "You want fries, with that?" No.

Leave me to me. My angst only needs skin turgor for company. :mad:
  • 8bitAlina
    8bitAlina Posts: 353 Member
    Great, feel good post :):flowerforyou: