7/17: 1.1 miles
    7/18: 5.01 miles
    7/20: 3 miles
    7/22: 4.12 miles
    7/24: 4.29 miles
    7/26: 7.04 miles
    7/30: 4.03 miles

exercise.png

Missed my goal in May due to an injured knee and took June basically off, so I had no idea when I'd be able to run again or how many miles I'd manage, and went with the conservative 25 miles. Very happy I've been able to get back into it so quickly and it's SO great to be able to just head out for a run again when I want to work out or need stress relief. Hoping to get one more run in for the month tonight (although I'm just short of my July cycling goal at the moment, so that will take first priority).

Will have to think about my August goal.
  • ameliad87
    ameliad87 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    GUYS, I DID IT! I didn't think I would be able to. And my goal seemed so lousy compared to the 100+ mi goals I see. But I did it.

exercise.png

Also, last week, I ran a 5k race. In March, I had a really lousy time of 44:12. So my goal for this one was to not go over 40 min. I ran it in 37:55! Still super slow, but for a beginner that ain't exactly small, I'm super proud of myself. I feel like I could have pushed myself harder, but I'm still learning what my limits are while trying to avoid any injuries. My reward for beating 40 min: new running shoes! YAY! But I'm doing a Color Run at the end of August, so I'm going to retire my current shoes at that race. :) Hope to see you all in August!
  • dchillin65
    dchillin65 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    7/31 2.77 miles

exercise.png
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options

exercise.png

OMG I feel amazing I just did my first 5km ever I never thought I could do it and I did it not only 3 weeks into starting running but 13 weeks and 5 days since my surgery where I had my large bowel removed I even passed one of my old hospitals and there have been times when I could barely walk thro the door and now here I am running past f**k u crohns disease and the weird thing I seemed to only feel stronger the further I went I kept a steady and slow pace and I just felt more pride and excitement the further I went I will go back to 1mile tomorrow as I will probably pay for this tomorrow
    and the second thing I am really slow it takes me 30mins to do my usual 2miles and yet today it took me 46mins to do the 3.1 im so proud of that time

gonna take me a long while to come down off this high

AWESOME!!!!!
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    GUYS, I DID IT! I didn't think I would be able to. And my goal seemed so lousy compared to the 100+ mi goals I see. But I did it.

exercise.png

Also, last week, I ran a 5k race. In March, I had a really lousy time of 44:12. So my goal for this one was to not go over 40 min. I ran it in 37:55! Still super slow, but for a beginner that ain't exactly small, I'm super proud of myself. I feel like I could have pushed myself harder, but I'm still learning what my limits are while trying to avoid any injuries. My reward for beating 40 min: new running shoes! YAY! But I'm doing a Color Run at the end of August, so I'm going to retire my current shoes at that race. :) Hope to see you all in August!

Great job - that's a 6+ minute improvement- AWESOME!
  • skippygirlsmom
    Options
    Final day results!

7/31 - 4.13 miles
    Total - 83.9 miles

I'm so happy with my success this month - I think I'll give myself flowers! LOL :flowerforyou:

Great work everyone.

exercise.png
  • Limeycat
    Limeycat Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Ok, so fell a little short of my target, but WOW, the walking here in Saxon Switzerland is incredible. Fabulous day. Looking forward to August's challenge tho and will try to do much more actual running!

ETA: well done everyone for your achievements in July!

exercise.png
  • hkristine1
    hkristine1 Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    7/1 - 2.5 to start the month off
    7/2 - Cycle day
    7/3 - 2.5 miles
    7/4 - Walking (I'm not counting walking distances for this particular challenge)
    7/5 - 5 miles
    7/6 - Rest
    7/7 - 1.5 miles
    7/8 - 2.5 miles
    7/9 - Cycle day
    7/10 - 1 mile
    7/11 - Cycle day
    7/12 - 5 miles
    7/13 - Rest/walk
    7/14 - 2.7 miles
    7/15 - Was going to run, but aggravated my knee, so... <sigh>
    7/16 - Cycle day
    7/17 - 1 mile
    7/18 - Cycle day
    7/19 - 5 miles (PR - 9:33 average - woot!)
    7/20 - Rest/walk
    7/21 - 1 mile
    7/22 - 1.9 miles (HIIT)
    7/23 - Cycle day
    7/24 - 3 miles
    7/25 - Cycle day
    7/26 - 5 miles
    7/27 - rest day
    7/28 - Cycle day
    7/29 - Unexpected rest day
    7/30 - Cycle day
    7/31 - 3 miles

42.6/40 - 2.6 miles past goal
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Guys! Please do not be intimidated by some of us that can do 100+ monthly miles. Rome was not built in a day. Some of us have been running for a very long time or have a history of athletics growing up. The main thing is to do what you can do. Set a reasonable goal and stay consistent with it while avoiding injury (or aggrivating an existing injury if that is the case). You all did great in my book. No matter how big your goal was or how close you came to meeting it. You were courageous enough to set a goal and keep yourself accountable to the group and that is something that everyone should be proud of. Congratulations and see you in August!!!!

Stan

exercise.png

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    7/3 - 3.1 miles
    7/4 - failed attempt to run - tweaked ankle
    7/6 - ankle feels WAAAY better, 3.9 miles (and hit the beach too - apparently my dog looks like a polar bear... LOL!)
    7/8 - 3.5 Miles
    7/10 - 2.0 miles - short run due to strong possibility of thunderstorms.
    7/12 - 4.0 miles
    7/15 - 2.0 miles
    7/16 - 3.1 miles
    7/19 - 3.8 miles - Goal exceeded!
    7/20 - 1.5 miles with a friend
    7/22 - 3.2 miles
    7/24 - 2.0 miles
    7/26 - 4.5 miles
    7/27 - 1.5 miles with a friend
    Not fixing my ticker, but just added a 3.2 mile run, so finishing the month at 41.2 miles. Woot!
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options

exercise.png

OMG I feel amazing I just did my first 5km ever I never thought I could do it and I did it not only 3 weeks into starting running but 13 weeks and 5 days since my surgery where I had my large bowel removed I even passed one of my old hospitals and there have been times when I could barely walk thro the door and now here I am running past f**k u crohns disease and the weird thing I seemed to only feel stronger the further I went I kept a steady and slow pace and I just felt more pride and excitement the further I went I will go back to 1mile tomorrow as I will probably pay for this tomorrow
    and the second thing I am really slow it takes me 30mins to do my usual 2miles and yet today it took me 46mins to do the 3.1 im so proud of that time

gonna take me a long while to come down off this high

Oh wow! Major awesomeness! You go girl!
  • HealthyFocused715
    HealthyFocused715 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    3.0 miles with my friend today...so didnt make 60 but finished at 50.7 for the month. Looking forward to August....have a half marathon on the 24th!! Well done everyone!!
  • RegentParkRunner
    RegentParkRunner Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    7/1 - 15K
    7/2 - 4.5
    7/3 - 7
    7/7 - 12
    7/8 - 5
    7/9 - 5
    7/11 - 3
    7/12 - 13
    7/13 - 9
    7/15 - 3
    7/17 - 5
    7/19 - 6
    7/20 -14
    7/22 - 5
    7/23 - 3 & 4
    7/26 - 8
    7/27 - 12
    7/29 - 4K
    7/31 - long work week= 3 beers, no run :(

Thank you for setting up the Challenge! Really impressive to see together all the folks here who do mega-miles and those who are starting on their first (where I was last year at this time). Looking forward to August!!
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Last 9.2 mile rt run commute with stroller of the month.

I just wanted to second what Stan said. A lot of the higher mileage folks here have been running a while now. And we didn't start out with 100 miles a month. Seriously a lot of you are making progress so quickly! It took me 14 months just to be able to run 5k!

Anyway, everyone had a great month! I'm looking forward to the August challenge!

exercise.png
  • corinne0805
    corinne0805 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I'm way below my goal, but August is 1.5 hours away!

exercise.png
  • sylnova
    sylnova Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm in for July!

Goal is 42 km for this month

July 2 - 3 km
    July 4 - 3 km
    July 5 - 4.9 km
    July 7 - 3 km
    July 10 - 3 km
    July 12 - 4.8 km
    July 13 - 5.7 km
    July 15 - 3 km
    July 17 - 3.1 km
    July 19 - 6.3 km
    July 22 - 3.2 km
    July 24 - 2.8 km
    July 25 - 3.1 km
    July 27 - 6.8 km
    July 29 - 2.8 km
    July 31 - 3.2 km

Overachieved by almost 20 km!!!!

exercise.png
  • Stoshew71
    Stoshew71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    Starting logging your runs in the August Challenge at the link in the quote below. This one is closed now.
    More info can be found on the group page.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/21182-monthly-running-challange

I know many of you are still trying to meet your July goals, but if anyone is interested in setting a goal for August, I set up the August Running Challange.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1372703-august-running-challange

This one goes in effect on Friday but you can declare your goals early.
  • ryblueeyes
    ryblueeyes Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Finished up the month with 6.55 last night.

exercise.png
  • bobbijodmb
    bobbijodmb Posts: 463 Member
    Options

exercise.png

19 miles over my goal!! 835 for the year =) #badass