42 calorie macaroni and cheese!

Options
12345679»

Replies

• AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    IMG_20140801_195624.jpg

Was pretty good. All the cheese is melted on the inside of the noodles. For just over 100 cals it is decently filling. (There is 350g of veggies in the other bowl as well though)

I haven't had real mac and cheese in a LONG time. Not for caloric reasons, it's just not a big favourite of mine so not a whole lot to compare to.

For the amount of noodles I had, real pasta would be an extra 200 cals so easy to fit in. (But I prefer to use my carbs on better stuff than that :smile:)

This thread piqued my mac-n-cheese craving as well, so I used the Veggetti to make squash pasta, than added cheese sauce made from butter, cheese & cream.

Nom Nom Nom Nom

Not 42 kcal. Maybe 450 for a gigantic serving.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    IMG_20140801_195624.jpg

Was pretty good. All the cheese is melted on the inside of the noodles. For just over 100 cals it is decently filling. (There is 350g of veggies in the other bowl as well though)

I haven't had real mac and cheese in a LONG time. Not for caloric reasons, it's just not a big favourite of mine so not a whole lot to compare to.

For the amount of noodles I had, real pasta would be an extra 200 cals so easy to fit in. (But I prefer to use my carbs on better stuff than that :smile:)

Great review. Thanks for taking the time.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    Looks like it isn't that bad according to people who tried it. Never knew about dry roasting the noodles! I'm glad some people are sticking to the main point of the thread which is the recipe instead of talking about whether or not the OP has an eating disorder which is definitely not on topic. AHEM.

Rinse the noodles 3 or 4 times. Do this while breathing through mouth only :tongue:
    Then instead of boiling or steaming you just put them on a hot fry pan. Much crispier.

I made it again last night and added bacon and veggies. Bloody good :smile:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I am making some real mac and cheese tonight in honor of this sad thread.
  • determinedbutlazy
    determinedbutlazy Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    Lordy, this thread had almost everything. Ridiculously low calories, mention of cauliflower, gross tofu noodles, white knights, butthurt, rage deactivations and people who don't know who Trog is.
    That's quite enough internet for today.
  • MINDyourMOXIE
    MINDyourMOXIE Posts: 33 Member
    Options

Rinse the noodles 3 or 4 times. Do this while breathing through mouth only :tongue:
    Then instead of boiling or steaming you just put them on a hot fry pan. Much crispier.

Thank you very much for trying, taking the time to report back (with pics even), and sharing your tips. Much appreciated!!!
  • FlanJamz
    FlanJamz Posts: 15
    Options
    I didn't read this whole thread, so forgive me if this is redundant. I have found shiritaki noodles are horrible in Italian dishes or "american" dishes (like mac and cheese) but are not bad in Asian dishes. The trick is to quickly stir fry them after cooking with just a little spray oil. NO, it's not like the 'real" pad thai, but you can make a pretty good fake one with these.
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Looks like it isn't that bad according to people who tried it. Never knew about dry roasting the noodles! I'm glad some people are sticking to the main point of the thread which is the recipe instead of talking about whether or not the OP has an eating disorder which is definitely not on topic. AHEM.

Oooo Thanks for the tip, chef! I'll do just that. :)
  • ANTlSOClAL
    Options
    That does not sound good at all.