What is your HONEST reason for losing weight??????

Options

Replies

• stillhere1981
    stillhere1981 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    To help keep my cancer from coming back. Also, exercise and eating right makes me feel better through the end of my treatment.

Also, I want my college body back again.
  • Jennypoo76
    Jennypoo76 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't want to have to take medicine for high blood pressure and high cholesterol. After I had my four year old, I lost 30 pounds, I want to get back to that weight when I wasn't required to take medication. I have a father, and both grandmothers who were diabetic, I don't want to have that happen to me.
  • iggyboo93
    iggyboo93 Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I want to get rid of my concave butt (Jeff Foxworthy said it perfectly - it's like a frog wearing a pair of bluejeans).

I want to be pretty. I want to look sexy. I don't want to be mistaken for my daughter's grandmother anymore.
  • HollyMGT
    HollyMGT Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My size 12 / large clothes are all getting tight and I refuse to go up a size. Plus, I'm tired of feeling fat and ugly.
  • runningagainstmyself
    runningagainstmyself Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I have a few reasons:

I don't want men staring at my chest instead of looking at my face when we're having a conversation.
    I don't want to be embarrassed when I run. (In my experience, smaller size = fewer catcalls)
    I want to be able to run in just a sports bra and a pair of shorts and not worry about which part of me is jiggling excessively.
    I want my partner to be proud of me.
    I want my self-esteem back.
    I want to look good naked.

... Want more reasons?
  • GetFitSD
    GetFitSD Posts: 278
    Options
    Just want to be a motivation for my family and show my kids that it is important to take care of yourself.
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Because I feel repulsive. I am embarrassed about the way I look now and I am fed up with feeling this way.
    I want the old me and my old attitude back!
  • crystalstinson7
    crystalstinson7 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    My honest reason for wanting to lose weight mostly resides in the aesthetics. I want to be attractive, I want to go shopping and not stress out when I can't find anything nice in my size, I want to feel good about myself when in a public (or, heck, private) setting, I want to be as small on the outside as I feel on the inside (90% of my life I've been thin), etc. I know people list health and kids as big motivators--and they are, but you also know everyone wants to be a sexy beast!!! ;)
  • time4change2k14
    Options
    Two main reasons, if I'm being totally honest. First, and more importantly, although I know this is an internal/emotional issue more than a physical one, I hate the way I look and want to change it.

Secondly, I want to be active in sports again, particularly running and baseball.
  • MsBetteDavis
    MsBetteDavis Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I didn't really need to lose weight as when I started this process I was 127 lbs (I'm 5'3''), but I just wanted to feel better about myself. I'm quite self-conscious and I just knew that if I dropped a little bit of weight and started to tone up, I'd feel great. And I do, I feel a lot better about myself than I did at the end of 2013 when I had the extra 6 pounds on me.

I hated seeing commercials and tv shows and then feeling self-conscious because I didn't really look like those girls.
  • Kakibot
    Kakibot Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I don't want to let my weight fuel my health anxiety.

Also I honestly hate being the 'chubby friend'. The sad thing is even being fitter and eating better than my friend didn't really fix this, so I feel like I gotta push a bit harder. This issue did get better in the last couple of years though, but I think that's not thanks to me being fitter but because my friends are getting a bit chubby .D
  • klkarlen
    klkarlen Posts: 4,366 Member
    Options
    To lose the muffin top.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    My mom has several serious health issues some of them are weight-related. It's well past the point of no return. She's in a ton of pain all the time. And she has 6 kids to help her out.

I may be genetically predisposed to several of these issues, but have to do what I can to head them off at the pass, because...

1)
    I'm way too much of a sissy to endure the kind of pain she goes through everyday.

2)
    I've got no kids, I don't have the support system she does. If I was in her physical condition I just don't see how I could manage.

3)
    I want to be as healthy as I can for as long as I can. I'm a bit of a control freak I want to motor under my own power for as long as I can.
  • marie3221
    marie3221 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I want to look hot again! Before the baby, I worked out all the time (I worked in a gym). I gained 59 pounds during the preganacy and I have only lost 22 of those pounds. And I want my husband to look at me and say DAMN! I know trivial, but I am just being honest.
  • cczap80
    cczap80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Truth?? I want my outside to match my inside.

Inside I am Wonder Woman!! I am fierce, sexy, and nothing can stop me. I feel like this everyday, TRUTH!! But when I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror it's like WHOAA!! Who the hell is that?

Plus I'm extremely photogenic! I have a nice smile and love being in front of the camera. That is from the chest up.
  • MisterZ33
    MisterZ33 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    many reasons. everyone one of them, a damn good one.
  • Elutheromania
    Options
    My wedding is in May, and I dont want to look back and think, "Man, I look awful." I know that's kind of shallow, but there's more behind it. I was diagnosed with Borderline Personality disorder along with PTSD, and I have no sense of self worth because of things people said throughout the years that I went through trauma. I want to rebuild myself and show everyone that doubted me how strong I really am. I also want to be healthier and more active so I can spend years playing with my son and helping him stay active so he won't have to ever wonder or doubt himself physically. Another reason is because several months ago I found out I had pre cancer. It opened my eyes to what I was going to lose. Now that I am completely healed from surgery I'm going to tackle my problem with my weight.
  • ValGogo
    ValGogo Posts: 2,168 Member
    Options
    Because fat doesn't look good on my body type. It doesn't go to the right places.
  • Staniel_2013
    Staniel_2013 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    1. To always be around my for my little girl and be a positive influence in her life.

2. I no longer want to be the fat guy in the group.

3. In the words of a friend, to be a delicious piece of man meat. On a serious note, I do want to actually look but also FEEL attractive. Think that would make me feel a lot better about myself in so many ways.

4. To be more althetic, used to hate excercise with a passions. Now I want to be able to put my body through hell with a smile on my face.

5. To look good Nekid!
  • SeattleRaven
    Options
    To feel strong and be healthy; to age as gracefully as possible; to have the energy to enjoy the rest of my life