5 ingrediants or less/crockpot

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    It's probably not the healthiest or lowest calorie option, but it sounded like something but my husband and daughter would happily eat, and required no prep except thawing the chicken first:

http://realhousemoms.com/crock-pot-cheesy-chicken-bacon-tator-tot-bake/

I modified it to fit what I already had, so this is actually what went into my little crockpot:

Tater tots
    Skinless/boneless chicken breast x 2
    Cheddar cheese
    Mozzarella cheese
    2% milk

I layered tater tots, cheese, chicken breasts, cheese, and tater tots, then covered in milk. It cooked for just under 4 hours, and came out perfect and absolutely deeeeeeelish. My toddler and husband scarfed it down, and I admit I did the same. I'd work out for another hour to have it again! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the other suggestions! I love expanding my stash of lazy-day recipes!

I pinned that recipe not that long ago and have been meaning to make it, I even have a bag of tater tots in my freezer. I can't imagine my kids NOT eating that one...
  • superman_149
    Options
    bump
  • shnookie70
    shnookie70 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Following. :)
  • jar819
    jar819 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump..great thread for recipes
  • marieamethyst
    marieamethyst Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    It's probably not the healthiest or lowest calorie option, but it sounded like something but my husband and daughter would happily eat, and required no prep except thawing the chicken first:

I modified it to fit what I already had, so this is actually what went into my little crockpot:

Tater tots
    Cheddar cheese
    Mozzarella cheese
    2% milk

I layered tater tots, cheese, chicken breasts, cheese, and tater tots, then covered in milk. It cooked for just under 4 hours, and came out perfect and absolutely deeeeeeelish. My toddler and husband scarfed it down, and I admit I did the same. I'd work out for another hour to have it again! :bigsmile:

Thanks for the other suggestions! I love expanding my stash of lazy-day recipes!

I pinned that recipe not that long ago and have been meaning to make it, I even have a bag of tater tots in my freezer. I can't imagine my kids NOT eating that one...

It is definitely one of my favorite meals to make now! (as I sit here stuffing my face with it) My toddler is going through one of those picky stages (especially with chicken), but she ate a good portion of her bowl instead of tossing it everywhere, so we're both happy with dinner for once!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options

Tater tots
    Cheddar cheese
    Mozzarella cheese
    2% milk

It is definitely one of my favorite meals to make now! (as I sit here stuffing my face with it) My toddler is going through one of those picky stages (especially with chicken), but she ate a good portion of her bowl instead of tossing it everywhere, so we're both happy with dinner for once!

Good to know! Putting it on the meal plan list. My boys have only recently been eating chicken (other than in nugget form) so I am sure this will be a good one for us!
  • jenstrohm
    jenstrohm Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    bump- can't wait to try these!
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Bump for hungry time! :bigsmile:
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Chicken, bell peppers cut into strips, onion (cut into quarters), taco seasoning, jar of salsa. If you like beans you can toss in a can of those. Cooke for 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
  • _funrungirl
    _funrungirl Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I've gotten a lot of make-ahead crock pot meals from here: http://www.mommysfabulousfinds.com/2013/10/easy-crock-pot-freezer-meals-2.html

When my mom was sick, I made a month's worth for my father (hopeless in the kitchen), just so he wouldn't eat out every day. He LOVED them. They freeze easily.
  • Teresa_3266
    Teresa_3266 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Mostly bumping for future use......but if it hasn't been mentioned already have cooking whole sweet potatoes is super easy. Just wash the tator and toss it in the crockpot until done.
  • CAC10456
    CAC10456 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    bump
  • willowdragonfly
    willowdragonfly Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Bump :love:
  • ZBuffBod
    ZBuffBod Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump!
  • DebSM2
    DebSM2 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Italian beef

Beef roast (3 or 4 lbs works well)
    1 can beer
    1 packet Italian dressing seasoning
    1 jar pepperoncini (sp?) peppers, drained, stem ends removed

Put all ingredients in slow cooker,nook on low for 8-10 hours

Should fall apart, makes great Italian beef Sammie's.

Have done with venison also.
  • brittneyleighphotography
    Options
    Bump
  • MrsSchimmy
    MrsSchimmy Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the recipes!
  • lh1626
    lh1626 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    BUMP!