What you "CAN'T" eat anymore?

Options

Replies

• Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    There's nothing I used to like that I don't still like: fast food, cookies, cakes, ice cream, deep fried food, et cetera ad infinitum.
  • bluecat145
    bluecat145 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    While I still can enjoy it, I definitely don't prefer fast food anymore.
    Also: any chocolate snack dip.
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I used to be an ice cream junkie and would eat just about any kind. Now I'm super picky and won't even bother with it if it's not "quality" enough to be worth the calorie cost. It's pretty much Talenti first, last, and only these days. No more Edy's or Breyer's.

YES!!! I've become an icecream snob when it comes to what I am willing to "spend" calories on.

Hahaha I'm just the opposite. I can't often justify the premium ice creams at 300+ cals for 1/2 cup. Edys double churned at 120-150 cal for 1/2 cup is heaven for me. The premium ones are a bit to rich now.
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Chocolate bars and regular coke. I used to literally eat a chocolate bar a day. A lot of chocolate tastes too sugary to me now :(:(
  • mrsmitchell0510
    mrsmitchell0510 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter and Jif used to be my peanut butter of choice! Until several years ago, I started making my own peanut butter and now Jif just tastes like oil to me.
  • blukitten
    blukitten Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    This is true for me for a lot of foods I have found.

The biggest is Dr.Pepper,, was addicted to the stuff and I mean addicted about 10 years ago where I even kept a 24 pack in my desk and would finish it within a couple days. I tried one a year ago and now the carbonation burns my throat and it is wayyyyyy to sweet. It was nasty for me. ( I cant do the diet version as the aspartame is a migraine trigger for me)

Also found this out with hot pockets-- used to love them,, never ate them very often but still loved them,, tried them a week ago and couldnt eat them,, took a couple bites and they were nasty!! Even tried different flavors!
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Also found this out with hot pockets-- used to love them,, never ate them very often but still loved them,, tried them a week ago and couldnt eat them,, took a couple bites and they were nasty!! Even tried different flavors!

Yes! They taste like greasy cardboard now. :sick:
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Coconut milk/coconut cream ~ It's not that I cannot eat it, I just have to use it a little differently. Was more of an issue for me when I was a vegan and when I became a raw vegan, but now that I can enjoy other sources of milk or cream or cheese ~ life is soo much better.
  • chriscrosse
    chriscrosse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I'm ok with nearly any kind of food but what I can't do anymore is overeat. I did a few weeks ago, nothing terrible but overdid it and I felt so awful. It felt like it took me two days to digest(probably did). I had heartburn, the burps.

It was a good reinforcing reminder that I just feel better eating less. It also made room for some foods I had been "afraid" of before due to how a lack of portion control would add up quick. I made myself a healthy portion of a lean pot roast I made and I finished half before I realized I was sated. Last night we had chinese food and a small bowl was plenty. My husband and I both noted that reducing our portions has made some foods that used to bother us sit better.

It isn't easy because emotionally I still want the "fix" of overeating but I know there's a direct tradeoff between the soothing effect emotionally and the crummy physical feeling of overdoing it. Likewise, when I am still tempted to overeat, I remind myself that I can alas go back and eat more or order something again. Like, I was at our sushi place and swapped out the short ribs I like for a cucumber salad with the tuna roll. I always get tuna roll but swapped the extra meat for a veg. I reminded myself we eat there at least twice a month and I can always get that dish next time.
  • mrsmitchell0510
    mrsmitchell0510 Posts: 83 Member
    Options

Yes! They taste like greasy cardboard now. :sick:

Yes! And the "cheese" in them that I'm not certain is real cheese. Bagel Bites are the same way! I used to LOVE those. Had some the other day and they did not taste great anymore.

Also, I used to love Fruit Loops and I've noticed now that they leave a waxy film in my mouth.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Chicken McNuggets... I used to looove them, then didnt eat them for over a year and seriously almost gagged after my first bite when I tried them again. They were just too greasy for my liking now *shrug*
  • Itslozzamate
    Options
    Soda and pesto
  • chriscrosse
    chriscrosse Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well I used to love cake... and then I got diagnosed with Celiac Disease so.. that happened.

Pamela's makes a really nice GF cake mix and it's not weird tasting. Love their chocolate and their butter cake. We don't eat it often but I make them for family birthdays so I can have a slice too. The butter cake is great with whip cream or just fruit(like a pound cake) and the choco goes great with buttercream frosting.

Now that I have these with great, simple ingredients, I can't do nasty store bought cakes with lardy sweet frosting. Can't anyhow but ate some frosting off bday cake and it was unpalatable and tasted like chemicals and wayyy too sweet.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all restaurant or prepackaged food is unbearably salty or sweet with no depth of flavor.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Honestly, things like the boxed hamburger helper... it's just so salty and blah! I would rather make it from scratch.
  • cjames010
    cjames010 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of you have already mentioned, I'm a lot more picky on what I "spend" my calories on.

For example, someone brought me a cinnamon bun. I was so excited until I bit into it. It was so dry and blah. I was going to eat it since someone took the time to get it for me, but I just couldn't do it. I just wrapped it up and threw it away.

Pizza Hut used to be my favorite cheat meal. However we found a new Pizzaria and ever since then, Pizza Hut calories are not worth it to me any more.

Same with brownies, ice cream, chocolate... It HAS to be fabulous or I won't eat it.

In terms of what I "can't" eat, I can't drink coffee drinks anymore. I found out that caffiene affects my mood--makes me emotional, depressed, crazy, etc. etc. :sad:
    Ever since I dropped coffee drinks I'm much more "sane".
  • Makterbro
    Makterbro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    McDonalds
    ):
  • cece5300
    cece5300 Posts: 48
    Options
    I still adore McDonald's fries and I love any kind of donut (which is why I stay away because I have NO CONTROL) . I stay furthest away from gummies because they're my ultimate weakness. Junk food still tastes amazing to me. Dangerous, I know
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I eat all things. Good luck.

the-best-fast-food-in-america.jpg

giphy.gif
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    There is nothing I want to eat that I can't eat.