Vixen&Foxes: Valentine's Challange

Options

Replies

• margie_77
    margie_77 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    It seems that alot of us are on a platau! :( Hopefully we are all able to kick it soon :)
  • Mother23
    Options
    I'm In

SW: 159.
    GW: 147.
  • Mother23
    Options
    jut seen this was started a couple weeks ago, is it too late to join in on the challenge, if not. my stats are above
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    What are the commercial and hula hoop challenges?!?

The commercial challenge is just doing some sort of exercise during all the commercials of your favorite shows. I do some cardio or strength training on each commercial. Jumping jacks, jump rope, flies, arm curls, crunches etc.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Chocolickkyss Posts: 3,654 Member
    Options
    Good morning all and happy hump day! I had a unit training this morning and I underestimated my workout and how long it was going to take to get ready and out the door so as a result I was rushing a bit. I have to get back into the groove of getting up really early, getting the workout completed, eat breakfast, shower and head out in enough time to not have to rush to work. I think we have about a week left of working from home and then it's back into the office for the next 3-5 months.

Today is a strength training day but since I wanted a better calorie burn I decided to add a little cardio. I started off with the Insanity warm up and boy did I forget how intense that can be. Once that was done I completed the Push Circuit 2 dvd from the Chalean Extreme program and I'm happy to announce that I was able to increase my weights on most of the exercises. Push Circuit is mainly shoulders and legs and for some shoulder exercises I lifted 10 lbs and for others I lifted 15 lbs and I definitely feel the burn. I could not make it to 8 reps but definitely rocked out 6 so I reached failure. On the leg exercises I was able to increase my weights from 15 lbs to 20 lbs. I'm happy with today's workout and the progress i'm making.

O_Malley: After reading everyone's post it seems you're right, a lot of people have hit a plateau. I'm not surprised by mine since I had sucha big initial drop. I just hope I can meet my goal by V-day.

Queencici: There's not an official hula hoop challenge it's just that I'm using the hula hoop during the commercial challenges and to add some fun cardio to the mix.
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    I added in another 25 minutes on the hula hoop when I returned from my unit training. Now I'm off to volunteer at my local food bank. There will be a lot of lifting involved but I wont count that towards my exercise totals.
  • tish30930
    tish30930 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I fell off the chart. Maybe I posted my weight on week 2 by mistake. I disappointedly gained weight back. Currently at 139.5. :sad:

Thanks for all your work on this.
  • margie_77
    Options
    Tish~ You're still on the chart!! You're all the way up at the top... I sorted it by who had lost the most weight!!! :)
  • margie_77
    Options
    Back in alphabetical order for today.. I forgot to sort it hahahha
    Great job everybody!! I can't wait for this weekends weigh ins!!

012011vday.jpg
  • fitnewlife
    fitnewlife Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Well I went to the doctors yesterday and I have 4 more weeks before I can do cardio but once I'm able to wear a normal shoe I'm going back to the gym and do weights. So far I haven't gained so that's a good thing.
  • lexistepps
    lexistepps Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Whoops, my bad...forgot to add in my weight this week!!!

I'm down to 135.7, baby ;)
  • margie_77
    Options
    Great job! I will update the sheet this weekend.. Probably Sunday :)
  • Chocolickkyss
    Options
    Good afteroon all. I really don't know why I'm posting so late considering I've been up since 8 am and the workout's been completed since around noon. Anyway, today I completed Burn Intervals and instead of Ab Burner I did Fast Abs from the Kettleworx series. All the ab exercises are performed while holding a kettlebell. I was able to burn over 550 calories in 65 minutes so I'm happy w/today's effort.

I will say that my shoulders are extremely sore from yesterdays increase in shoulder weights and today's Burn intervals. It's a good sore so I'm not going to complain too much.

Fitnewlife: Great job w/controlling your weight especially since you're unable to workout. KUDOS to you b/c that's not always easy to accomplish.
  • emilillymom
    Options
    I just joined last week and was wondering if I could join your challenge. I can currently 193.5 lbs and would like to be 183lb by valentines day. Thanks
  • TeamLeela
    TeamLeela Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I will be weighing tomorrow. I have a really good feeling about it! I have been working my butt off in the gym and eating clean!
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I will be weighing tomorrow. I have a really good feeling about it! I have been working my butt off in the gym and eating clean!

Way to go!! Keep it up. I am sure you will see results from those efforts!
  • mvedas
    mvedas Posts: 69
    Options
    I'd like to join! I currently weigh 153 and am going for 145 by VDay. Thanks!!!!
  • acarter72
    acarter72 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Back in alphabetical order for today.. I forgot to sort it hahahha
    Great job everybody!! I can't wait for this weekends weigh ins!!

012011vday.jpg

Margie-

The chart looks great. I plan to WI tomorrow and it will be more accurate then. Thank you for keeping this up to date! :wink:
  • ehlderanna
    Options
    Margie how do I post on the spreadsheet....do I just tell you? So far I'm at 136.25 So from the callenge date I would have lost 4.5 pounds?

Thank you for inviting me .....I need to read the site more...you guys are amazing!
  • jisabelle
    jisabelle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I finally got my batteries!! Woo hoo! I will be weighing in later today don't know if it will make a difference
    but will try o get in at least two more work outs before I weigh myself.