5'7" goal weight?

Options
167891012»

Replies

• FitOldMomma
    FitOldMomma Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Have you ever looked at the pics of real women on the website My Body Gallery dot com? I love that I can put in my height and any weight and see photos of what that size REALLY looks like. It even has parameters for different body shapes.

It was from looking at these real women that I decided my goal weight. Who knows, perhaps once I reach that goal I may want to lose additional pounds, but I think the women look great and healthy at 185.
  • Fat2_Fit
    Fat2_Fit Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 so close, I think 135 would be perfect for you. I'm 143 right now but would like to be 120 because i have a small bone structure.
  • imn0tlykeher
    imn0tlykeher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Im 5'7" and I weight 207lbs, I want to get down to 180lbs and I think I looked good back then when I weighed that..now when I get there (if ever :/) I may want to lose more?
  • samanthahobson
    Options
    Whatever weight you feel happy with. Every 5'7" person is different and your goal should be your own. Great job on the weight loss.
  • rfwsewell
    rfwsewell Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm just a tiny bit over 5'7 and weigh 170 but i dont have any particularly flabby bits or anything - i seem to hold my weight rather well! my goal weight is 145 but i'll see closer to the goal how I feel...
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    It also depends on the shape of your body. I am 5'9" and 170. My goal is 160 and I am a triangle. I carry my weigt on top. So I may need to go even lower. I am between a C and D cup now.
  • sarah_hite
    sarah_hite Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 1/2", and my goal weight is currently 165 lbs, but I have a very large frame, so my goal weight may change as I lose weight.
  • bciloveme2014
    bciloveme2014 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    At 5'7'', I've been anywhere from 125 to 155. And I almost always fit in the same pant size.

When I was sitting around 130-135lb, I was "skinny fat". Eating low calorie, not lifting weights.

Now since Crossfit, I'm 145lb, and I fit in the same size pants as I did before (size 4-6, depending on the store).

I wouldn't focus on the scale. Make measurement or body fat % goals.

This, I focus on size now. I am size 6, weight 147.6 pounds, 5'7", if I lose more weight I think I look really small, plus I carry most of my weight in my butt and I don't want to have flat *kitten*.
  • Kaelakcr
    Kaelakcr Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    5'7" with very petite bone structure. I look best between 125 and 130. (To me, ha ha.)

I would be happy with 135 as well, I haven't been 125 since high school and my body has changed shape a lot, and I don't know what I should have looked like because at the time I should have been developing I was super anorexic and weighed 90-something pounds! So I'm kind of experimenting. :)
  • mundaycarroll
    mundaycarroll Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6.5" and my GW is 137 lbs. I want to get to that weight and maintain and then possibly go on to get down to about 133 lbs. My starting weight was 155 lbs and my CW is 142 lbs. So I think your goal weight is perfect for your height.
  • movingpixels
    movingpixels Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow! I weighed 135 in the 7th grade at 5'4", so I can't even imagine being that small. I look pretty good at 155 and have never been below that weight in adulthood at 5'7 1/2". I guess I have a lot of muscle and we all know it is smaller and heavier than fat. Where did you get the goal weight of 135?
  • mave34
    mave34 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and was always 120 as a late teen to young adult. Now into my 30's after an injury I am seeing weight of up to 149lbs....Imagine my shock! I am now on a journey to get back to feeling healthy and not looking like I swallowed a lawn tractor tire. In saying that I don't think 120 is realistic and I just had a ridiculous metabolism and that has since slowed down so I would say 130-140 is a good weight but like many have said depends on how you carry it. You're still falling under the BMI as a healthy weight
  • angie007az
    angie007az Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I've been approximately the size of Texas for about 5 years but recently lost a bunch of weight. I'm convinced that looking "average" is attainable now! So, I'm just wondering what weight looks good on a 5'7", 20-something female!?

SW: 215lbs
    CW: 172lbs
    GW: 135lbs???

When I was your age I weighed 130# approx. Now that I'm 65, I'm going for 150 and see how that feels. Pretty happy about where I currently am but going slowly toward that 150 number.
  • kimhere
    kimhere Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and any less than 150 I look like I'm on drugs. I like 155. It really depends how you carry the weight and how you want to look
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I have a female friend who would be 18% BF @153lbs and she also is 5'7". Dont get hung up on the 135 number. Depends how much lean mass you have. Ultimately your goal weight would be determined by looking in the mirror and seeing if you like what you see assuming you dont have access to a bodyfat measuring tool. Women get hung up on numbers when it comes to weight.

This is sooooo right ^^^^^^^^

I still get hung up on the number but need to go by how I feel & look
  • merfhur
    merfhur Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 7" and my goal weight at the moment is 140lbs, I'm currently only 4lbs off this and when I get there I'm going to see how I feel and if I'm not 100% happy I'm gunna aim for 133lbs.
    I've never been either weight as an adult so I don't know how I'll look but I doubt I'll go any lower than 126lbs because apart from my residual chub I'm already starting to get a bit bony/cold all the time!
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    As others have said, it really depends on your build. I am only one inch taller than you, but my ideal weight is about 170. Even my doctor recommended that weight for me...he even said 175 at my build would be fine. I could maybe make it to the 160 if I try, but if I go much lower than that, it's not sustainable for me, and even that is barely sustainable. I am also build big though (large hands and size 12 feet...ugh). There is no really ideal weight for everyone of the same height. There are a lot of variances.