What's for supper???

Options

Replies

• __hannah_
    __hannah_ Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I made chicken fajitas. Refried black beans, grilled onions, green pepper and chicken, Colby and Monterey Jack cheese, Roma tomatoes, avocado, and plain greek yogurt. Super delicious.
  • thefatveganchef
    thefatveganchef Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Homemade Kung Pao Tofu and fruit.
  • peaceful_minion
    peaceful_minion Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Green Bean Okazu and watermelon
  • inmyidealworld
    inmyidealworld Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    loving my roasted cauliflower (olive oil + garlic + fresh thyme), and my tomato and green bean saute with steamed chicken (rosemary + galic in the water, maybe lemon next time)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Homemade Gluten Free Italian Chicken and Basil Pizza on a Cauliflower Crust....it was awesome!!!

Man, that looks good.
    Is there a recipe for the cauliflower pizza? twenty pages is more than I want to check thru. Thanks
  • a941guy
    a941guy Posts: 31
    Options
    french bread white pizza. brushed olive oil, fresh minced garlic, italian seasonings, low fat mozz, sliced onion and tomatoes
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    Options
    I grilled pork chops tonight. Since the grill was already hot, also had grilled shrimp, sweet potato and onion. There was also the peas I cooked yesterday, and cucumbers and tomatoes.

10584072_793609324017526_6081568820497424241_n.jpg

I also made another stab at the Greek chocolate pudding yesterday. It is very good, but not as stiff as it should be. Need to cut back on the Cool Whip and yogurt, while keeping the Jell-O instant pudding the same.

10492202_793609840684141_7718340434038469292_n.jpg

My {3rd try at} Greek chocolate pudding. 1 package Jell-O sugar free instant pudding and pie filling, 73g Lite Cool Whip, 75g plain Greek yogurt, 75g Vanilla Greek yogurt, 1 1/2 cup 2% milk.
    Calories 98 per 100g serving.
    % Daily Value *
    Total Fat 3 g 4 %
    Saturated Fat 3 g 13 %
    Monounsaturated Fat 0 g
    Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g
    Trans Fat 0 g
    Cholesterol 4 mg 1 %
    Sodium 82 mg 3 %
    Potassium 119 mg 3 %
    Total Carbohydrate 14 g 5 %
    Dietary Fiber 0 g 2 %
    Sugars 7 g
    Protein 5 g 10 %
    Vitamin A 2 %
    Vitamin C 0 %
    Calcium 9 %
    Iron 3 %
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I made some savory oats "risotto" with old fashioned oats, chicken broth, mushrooms, green onion, garlic, asparagus, 1 ounce chopped turkey, and a tbs of ricotta fresca, topped with 1 tbs parmasean cheese and more green onion. First time I made this and it was really good. Side of cantaloupe.

imagejpg1_zps6e24bac3.jpg
  • RedArizona5
    RedArizona5 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Made bread today to enter in the local county fair, so dinner of spaghetti, meatballs & homemade garlic bread was thrown together so we could get my entries to the fair before the deadline.

All baked today and delivered to the Lake County (Ohio) Fair tonight. I must have set the bar last year for breads, because there were more yeast breads entered this year, including some in a couple of my categories. The judging should be interesting, because some of the competition looks pretty good. I made 7-grain honey whole wheat, Polish sourdough rye, French baguettes (Black & white Epi style), Italian free form loaf, Egg bread, and Cuban bread (Pan Cubano). I had some dough left over and made rye sandwich thins, egg sausage rolls and small loaves of rye and 7-grain wheat. I was in the kitchen from 9 till 5 just dealing with bread, doing my best to make sure the appearance was the best I could do. We're going to the fair Tuesday night for the baked goods auction, rain or shine. Wish me luck!

Let's try this picture posting again....

DSC_0069_zpsd15c2633.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Good luck. Hope you bring home the blue ribbon. When my Daddy was alive, he made bread a lot. I have his old bread maker, plus one my wife received for a birthday. If I made as much as you did, I would be back up to 240 before I knew it.

Larro
    My babcia always made bread. She is still around but too old. Im sure she could make a loaf or two if she needed too, but, nowhere near the 7-8 loaves she made every week and a half with her hands. :) Yep no machine-my babcia was/is the machine:) her forearms were/are bigger than anyone i know! no bull
  • RedArizona5
    Options
    IMG_20140808_031210_zps2ad3cff7.jpg

Went out tonight...and got Perogie Poutine with duck gravy. :love:

Heaven on a plate.

Eta: I re-sized it but it doesn't seem to want to cooperate.

Did I hear and see perigees? I hear my name being called haha. Polish woman here and I have my babcias perogi recipe. I am a MAJOR perigee SNOB. I say that with pride-my brother and I both do-our babcias are best hands down. I eat the filling on its own when it is being prepared its so frikken good. but calories yeah its no joke there. You might as well throw the week out the window lol. you can't make just one. when you make perogies, you make a whole big batch lol they are freezable but i mean why? :)
  • FatOldManMN
    FatOldManMN Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Buca Di Beppo Seafood Trio Appetizer Platter shared for two and a glass of Chianti.
  • janine2355
    janine2355 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    baked chicken breast and augratin potatoes
  • RedArizona5
    Options
    I don't know how u guys find time to cook, but between my 8hrs at work, 9 hrs of sleep, 1.5 hrs at gym, 2 hrs commuting, 1 hour meal planning and logging, .5hr showering/grooming and 2 hrs of videogame time , i don't have time to cook.

I'm a 30 minute (usually less than that) kind of cooker/meal preparer. If it takes more than that I'm not doing it during the work week! Just cooking for myself though, so it's probably easier than having to cook for a family. I do a little weekly cooking on the weekend though and that helps outs during the busier work week. 9 hrs of sleep is impressive! I wished I could sleep like that!

I dont video game unfortunately because I require better food and better sleep. I am not single and actually married and a caregiver and 7 hours is a must !!! IF not more! I also am starting classes zoo and work on weekends so hubby trys to cook and if we want a good dinner twice a month then i will make us some brisket, curry or whatever my tummy craves homemade as I love to cook and bake and am damn good at it HAHA ;)
  • RedArizona5
    Options
    Vietnamese Spring Rolls with barbeque chicken. Peanut dipping sauce. I asked for no shrimp, but they forgot! Had to pick them out. Can't stand shrimp.

imagejpg1_zpse279b0cd.jpg

How did you cook these??? I made some just like these but failed at frying them(Hey I am not a fryer - I make good $**** without frying much):)
  • RedArizona5
    Options
    Sorry for posting so much all the sudden :embarassed: :smile: Post workout meal ='s Kraft mac n cheese with 1 hebrew national all beef hotdog and Caribbean coconut gelato (Telanti) 1/4 2%milk and 1 tbs of unsalted butter for the entire prep. I hate margarine. Babcia used to use it but eventually stopped thank God. Butter reigns supreme for meh-and organic butter is the best but we can't afford that yet.) :)
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    I just bought one of those spiralizer things, so I'm making zucchini pasta. Yummm
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,668 Member
    Options
    IMG_20140808_031210_zps2ad3cff7.jpg

Went out tonight...and got Perogie Poutine with duck gravy. :love:

Heaven on a plate.

Eta: I re-sized it but it doesn't seem to want to cooperate.

Did I hear and see perigees? I hear my name being called haha. Polish woman here and I have my babcias perogi recipe. I am a MAJOR perigee SNOB. I say that with pride-my brother and I both do-our babcias are best hands down. I eat the filling on its own when it is being prepared its so frikken good. but calories yeah its no joke there. You might as well throw the week out the window lol. you can't make just one. when you make perogies, you make a whole big batch lol they are freezable but i mean why? :)

Mmmmmm poutine. Never heard of perogie poutine, looks delish!
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Vietnamese Spring Rolls with barbeque chicken. Peanut dipping sauce. I asked for no shrimp, but they forgot! Had to pick them out. Can't stand shrimp.

How did you cook these??? I made some just like these but failed at frying them(Hey I am not a fryer - I make good $**** without frying much):)

These I got at a Vietnamese restaurant. I love that they aren't fried. They are meant as an appetizer, but I often order them as my entree.I have made them a couple times. The trick is getting a nice tight roll on them so the contents don't fall out when you eat them. I used this demo on YouTube, https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=related&v=0STo1mKpQSg, when I was learning to make them. She used jicama and shrimp in her demo, but I prefer to use sprouts and chicken, but whatever you like. :smile:
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Last night's supper consisted of: Arby's combo 6(French Dip) with curly fries and a Dr. Pepper
  • victoire713
    victoire713 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Tonight might be a Ramen night. Not sure.