Can't finish my 97 cal lunch?!?! Too full!

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    I seriously have to ask, and this is a blanket question, not just aimed at the OP:

How the hell do people become obese, then say "I can't eat 1200 calories today, I'm too full!"

Seriously, it boggles my mind! Clearly these people ate way over 2000 calories every day to get that big, why can they not eat anything now!?

The reason it boggles you'er mind is because you are wrongly assuming that everyone who is obese over eats.

Can you please enlighten us how people gain weight? Because I always thought it was from eating too much, i.e. over eating.

That's one way. Another way is to eat the wrong foods. You don't necessarily need to over eat the wrong types of food to put up weight.

OK....I'll bite. What are the right foods.....and the wrong foods? And how are they metabolically different exactly?
  • I seriously have to ask, and this is a blanket question, not just aimed at the OP:

How the hell do people become obese, then say "I can't eat 1200 calories today, I'm too full!"

Seriously, it boggles my mind! Clearly these people ate way over 2000 calories every day to get that big, why can they not eat anything now!?

The reason it boggles you'er mind is because you are wrongly assuming that everyone who is obese over eats. We're not talking about quantity but quality.

Can you please enlighten us how people gain weight? Because I always thought it was from eating too much, i.e. over eating.

That's one way. Another way is to eat the wrong foods. You don't necessarily need to over eat the wrong types of food to put up weight.

So are you telling me that the 50 pounds I've lost eating bacon and ice cream was the wrong way to do it?

Lol if it works why would it be wrong.
  • Eat your veggies and drink your tea if that's what you want!! It's impossible to get your calories up on mainly vegetables, but starvation mode is a myth. I eat a very low calorie diet as well because of what I usually eat (tons of non-starchy vegetables in every color but especially green, lots of chicken, turkey, fish, seafood, nonfat plain greek yogurt, some fruit and legumes, less nuts, seeds, avocado, olives, and unsweetened cocoa powder, and occasionally steak/lamb, ice cream/frozen yogurt/a blended frozen banana) and drink (water, black coffee, and green tea) - but I eat a ton and my meals are way more than 97 calories. You will begin to feel hungrier soon. It's normal for your appetite to fluctuate when you change what you eat. It's vital that you eat enough protein and lift heavy weights or you will lose a lot of muscle mass in your calorie deficit. I can't stress that enough.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Your pendulum has swung to far in the opposite direction. When we over eat - we go nuts. When we try to lose weight - we also go overboard. It's easy to do and you find yourself in that place where you are filling up on a lot of low calorie foods. This sounds right until you start looking at your macros and realize your nutrition is suffering. Not good.

Come back to the middle of the road. Put some salad dressing and protein on your salad. Eat some carbs with your grapefruit. What you are doing is not sustainable for the majority of people. I was once you. Read this link and make a plan that is right for you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Good luck

Thanks for your kindness... I'll look at the site. I don't know why people can be so rude and unkind as in some of these other posts. I focus on the good in life, and so I thank you very kindly for your advice. :)

Dont take it personal. Im sure no one wanted to hurt your feelings..:flowerforyou:
  • 4daluvof_candice
    I seriously have to ask, and this is a blanket question, not just aimed at the OP:

The reason it boggles you'er mind is because you are wrongly assuming that everyone who is obese over eats. We're not talking about quantity but quality.

So are you telling me that the 50 pounds I've lost eating bacon and ice cream was the wrong way to do it?

Lol if it works why would it be wrong.

Thats what we are asking you...
  • 4daluvof_candice

The reason it boggles you'er mind is because you are wrongly assuming that everyone who is obese over eats.

What are those "wrong" food?
    The ones that I can't eat as much as I want of as often as I want to and still lose weight. AKA everything.

Moderation. It works.

True!
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Your pendulum has swung to far in the opposite direction. When we over eat - we go nuts. When we try to lose weight - we also go overboard. It's easy to do and you find yourself in that place where you are filling up on a lot of low calorie foods. This sounds right until you start looking at your macros and realize your nutrition is suffering. Not good.

Come back to the middle of the road. Put some salad dressing and protein on your salad. Eat some carbs with your grapefruit. What you are doing is not sustainable for the majority of people. I was once you. Read this link and make a plan that is right for you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Good luck

Thanks for your kindness... I'll look at the site. I don't know why people can be so rude and unkind as in some of these other posts. I focus on the good in life, and so I thank you very kindly for your advice. :)
    I personally don't see "Rudeness or unkindness" blunt honest truth, useful answers and a pinch of humor. You will always get these type of reactions on a public forum especially when you describe a eating pattern akin to an eating disorder that is extremely frowned upon here. Was my response rude? will you bother to read the extremely informative links that I provided before passing judgement on me as a meanie?
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    I'm making a bean dish of some form tonight... trying to formulate a recipe yet with what I have on hand... but I do know the importance of protein and nutrients, too. :)

That seems unlikely given your choice for breakfast and lunch :noway:
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member

This is simply not true. You can lose weight eating all the "wrong" foods if you are eating fewer calories than you burn.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Eat what your veggies and drink your tea if that's what you want! It's impossible to get your calories up on mainly vegetables, but starvation mode is a myth. I eat a very low calorie diet as well because of what I eat- but my meals are more than 97 calories. You will begin to feel hungrier soon. It's vital that you eat enough protein, or you will lose a lot of muscle mass in your calorie deficit.
    "Starvation mode is a myth" is a hugely debated subject on here but I would recommend you read the links that I provided earlier to get the low down on what people are most probably talking about.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1077746-starvation-mode-adaptive-thermogenesis-and-weight-loss
  • Beewallows
    Beewallows Posts: 110 Member

How else do you gain weight?! (Other than having a condition or taking certain drugs, which is not very common)
  • I seriously have to ask, and this is a blanket question, not just aimed at the OP:

Thank you. I have now learned, in merely the two short posts from you in this thread, that you have no clue what you are talking about. I will now view your posts as entertainment only and will be sure to have popcorn prepared before reading. I appreciate the additional opportunity for amusement. :flowerforyou:

Well if I can make one person laugh! I guess while your laughing at my ignorance your leaving some other poor sod alone so it's all good.

Enjoy your popcorn!
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member

So you are saying that I can eat less total calories than I burn, but if I eat them of the "wrong" foods, I will gain weight. Conversely, I can eat more calories than I burn of the "right" food, and still lose weight?

Please, can you let us know more about this theory and which foods fit into each category?

This is simply not true. You can lose weight eating all the "wrong" foods if you are eating fewer calories than you burn.

Thankyou for the correction .
  • Pattinan
    Pattinan Posts: 42 Member
    Where's the protein? A grapefruit for breakfast and a salad without protein for lunch does not seem to be in your best interest nutritionally. Be safe. Feed your body a little more. Not harping. Just a little startled and concerned for you.
  • How much did you eat yesterday? And the day before that? And the day before that?

Enough? Then I'm pretty sure you're not going to starve.

I highly doubt I'll starve... have you seen my profile picture? LOLOLOL
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    butfood.gif
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    If you eat "wrong" foods to the exclusion of "right" foods, and you stay below calorie targets, you will lose weight--including a lot of muscle. You will also have insufficient vitamins and minerals for your body to maintain itself, will become weak and prone to illnesses and infections, mess up your skin, hair, and nails, feel exhausted all the time, slow your brain function...

Yeah. Sounds fun. Not.
  • juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member

Thankyou for the correction .

So I'm confused...are we back to you only gain weight by eating too much? ("Too much" being defined as: more calories than your body burns)
  • I need to go to the grocery store for some healthy proteins. I know that. :)