Any women that are 5'4" & starting weight at 200lbs?

Options

Replies

• lildynarider
    lildynarider Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    In the same boat. I'm just a touch over 5'4" and I started at 234 lbs. I'm down 20 lbs and will get down under 200. I'm taking it off 10% at a time. My next goal is 189.
  • meinola
    meinola Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'5"
    SW: 215
    CW: 179 (had gotten down to about 165 or so and then the holidays rolled around)
    GW: Between 135-145

Currently doing zumba, pilates, and spin; also just started weight training as of this AM. I do the cardio workouts 4 or 5 days a week, and plan on doing the weight training two of those mornings. Just did my BMR and TDEE calculations and am totally freaked out to have to try and eat 1,778 cals a day, but I want to lose the rest of this weight in the healthiest way possible. I did very low carb/high protein for a while and though it was great for losing weight, it was too restrictive. And I was eating less than 1,000 calories per day, which is not good long term. I log daily and try to be as honest as possible. Feel free to add me!
  • CassieR6
    CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    No where near a success story YET!

5'3 to 5'4 (I'm in between ok)

SW: 179
    CW: 179
    GW: 130

Its a lot but I know I got this! And so do you!! :flowerforyou:
  • EmmaFitzwilliam
    EmmaFitzwilliam Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    5'2", and started tracking at 220. Highest weight was 225.

Over the last 7 weeks, I've lost 18.2 pounds, pretty much with mindful eating alone. I have great workout *intentions* - implementation is a bit harder.

I don't call it a diet, because I'm not "dieting". I'm changing the way I eat. While the world didn't end when I went way over 1400 calories on two successive days (just a *few* scars inside from an ex who assessed my value as a person as an inverse function of my weight), I know I need to be aware of just how much I am eating, and of what kind of foods. I love grains and full fat dairy; I can't have both.

Plus, in truth, after 7 weeks, a) I feel satisfied on smaller portions and b) I actually enjoy some of the produce I've been eating. A nectarine is a lovely dessert. The world won't end if I curtail grains (but at the same time, I have had the occasional slice of pound case, the not so occasional full cup (8 oz.) of ice cream, and even (elk) burger and fries.

Emma
  • twinkletwinklemeganstar
    Options
    5'5" I don't weigh often, maybe once every week or 2. I didn't weigh myself when I started so it was a guess. I'm 3 weeks in on here and it is helping me so much, Everyone is noticing that i'm slimming up and my clothes are starting to get a little loose.. Trying to reach my goal by my 30th bday!
    :happy:
    SW 220-ish
    CW 215
    GW 175
  • oh_its_leesha
    oh_its_leesha Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know the post says 5'4 but I'm 5'5 and I started @ 204lbs
    I don't know how much I weigh at the moment, but I weigh in tomorrow
  • yasmine334
    yasmine334 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I am 5 2,5

SW 206 lbs
    CW 179 lbs
    GW 135 lbs or whenever i feel comfortable and healthy

time span 3 months
  • Debbjones
    Debbjones Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I know this is an old thread, but if you are still following...

I am 5'3.5"
    Starting Weight: 194
    Starting size: 18
    Current Weight: 104 (average, weight will vary between 102 and 105, also I round up those numbers)
    Current size: 0

Lost my weight over about a year and have been on maintenance for nearly two years. In my opinion, maintenance can be the most difficult part of the weight loss journey. When in maintenance mode I find I must still watch my food intake closely and maintain a food diary... but unlike weight loss I don't see any change or improvement... just age!
  • ShaGetFit23
    ShaGetFit23 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 started my journey January 20th at 221 as of today I am 163.so that's 58lbs in 8month I did not try in the mo the of march I stayed 194 the whole month didn't exercise or eat right and I didn't work out in June either kinda ate right. check out my display pic two differences. Hope that helps u can do it I thought I couldn't but after two kids I did and I'm ****ing proud of me
  • saragoesrawr
    Options
    I love that this post exists!

SW: 204
    CW: 194.6
    GOAL: 165

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR HOW YOU LADIES FEEL ABOUT BEING SHORT AND STOUT ;) IVE FOUND THAT IM REALLY COMFORTABLE AROUND 160 AND WOULD LOVE TO GET BACK THERE - MAYBE EVEN FURTHER THIS TIME! I FOUND WHAT REALLY KEEPS ME SUCCESFUL IS TELLING THE WORLD AND BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE! THE MORE PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THE EFFORTS IM MAKING TO GET HEALTHY THE BETTER I DO!
  • BarbKrauz
    BarbKrauz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I started at 200 lbs and I am 5 foot 1 about 11 months ago. I now weigh 128.5. I did it using myfitnesspal with my daughter and strictly following the wheat belly diet. I am so proud of everyone who posted here. You are all an inspiration. Xoxoxo
  • kmozymoz
    kmozymoz Posts: 187
    Options
    I'm 5'4"...

SW: 208
    CW: 190 (started in early July this year)
    GW: 135/140

[img]http://i1071.photobucket.com/albums/u507/kmozy/Progress photos/cc221d7a-5664-4ded-9b28-8f395dff56ec.jpg[/img]
  • lolakinks
    lolakinks Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody, i'm not very successful now, but i'm a little proud of myself.
    I'm 5'4''
    SW 198lbs (90 kg)
    CW 187lbs (85 kg)
    GW 130-140lbs (60-65 kg) i don't know now...
  • Meerlina
    Options
    Me, too. 5' 4" CW 224-ish, GW 147. Have put this off for too too too long. Looking forward to checking in with this group.

Unlike some other women, I do better being quiet about the whole thing - to the people I see every day and my close friends. I have made a lot of noise with no action before. Now I want to make very little noise and a lot of action toward changes in my health and appearance.

Better for me to make noises online!

Best to all of you with your goals!
  • Meerlina
    Options
    Me, too. 5' 4" CW 224-ish, GW 147. Have put this off for too too too long. Looking forward to checking in with this group.
  • spmcavoy1
    spmcavoy1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    5'4"

SW: 191 (came on MFP at 189) in March
    CW : ~176
    GW: 145 or so

I have a "bigger" build and looked very proportional at 150/ size 8. I just want to get back there. I don't think I could sustain 130 lbs - I love food too much :)
  • reddz12
    reddz12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and started at 310 I'm now bouncing around the 260 range but going strong.
  • swaistle
    swaistle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Height: 5'3
    SW: 213lb
    CW: 187lb
    GW: 110-130lbs (Just seeing when I get to 130lb on my reflection and feel of clothes)
  • Bsexi88
    Bsexi88 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4
    SW 207 lbs
    CW 184 lbs
    GW 150 lbs
    UGW 120lbs
    I lost 20 ish lbs before getting back on MFP please motivational shorties add me too ????
  • lawandfitness
    lawandfitness Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4
    Heaviest weight: 285
    SW: 267 (April 22, 2014)
    CW: 218 (As of this morning)
    GW: 150 (for now, and will take it from there)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!