What the Hell?

So I've been on here for like 2 years and I notice that people ignore me. Why? I don't know. If I'm correct They're here to lose weight and better their health, just like I was. So can anybody tell me how looking away or skipping someone in need will have any kind of benefits?

Wait...
Disclaimer: This is a rant.

Now where was I..it doesn't. When I post to a topic where you have to say something about the person above, I am skipped. When I ask a question, I'm ignored. When I did get some friends, they didn't care for what I had to say, which was I'm so happy I have you guys as support. Yeah, some support huh. I disabled friends because I don't need to be reminded that others are more important than me. What, am I too fat to be on this website? Do I not weigh enough? Am I too young? I didn't need the added stress so now I do it without the help of others who remind me that I'm just a stranger. A strange stranger. Oh well. That's the end of my rant.

And people wonder why the world rejects them. They reject others in their own community. Out.

Replies

• zinnia1971
    zinnia1971 Posts: 2 Member
    I don't utilize the social aspect of this site typically.
    Sorry you felt over-looked.
    Good luck with your weight loss.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    What's up, Mikki?
  • Dad_of_3
    Dad_of_3 Posts: 517 Member
    In honor of iMikky:

Hey Mikky!

Chorus:
    Oh Mikky, you're so fine
    You're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mikky, hey Mikky
    Oh Mikky, you're so fine
    You're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mikky, hey Mikky
    Oh Mikky, you're so fine
    You're so fine, you blow my mind, hey Mikky...

Hey Mikky
    You've been around all night and that's a little long
    You think you've got the right but I think you've got it wrong
    Why can't we say goodnight? So you can take me home, Mikky

Cause when you say you will, it always means you won't
    You're givin' me the chills, baby, please baby don't
    Every night you still leave me all alone, Mikky

Oh Mikky, what a pity, you don't understand
    You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand
    Oh Mikky, you're so pretty, can't you understand
    It's guys like you, Mikky
    Ooh what you do Mikky, do Mikky
    Don't break my heart, Mikky

Hey Mikky
    Now when you take me by the... who's... ever gonna know
    Every time you move I let a little more show
    There's something you can use, so don't say no, Mikky

So come on and give it to me anyway you can
    Anyway you want to do it, I'll take it like a man
    Oh please baby, please don't leave me in this jam Mikky

Refrain1:
    Oh Mikky, what a pity, you don't understand
    You take me by the heart when you take me by the hand
    Oh Mikky, you're so pretty, can't you understand
    It's guys like you, Mikky
    Ooh what you do Mikky, do Mikky
    Don't break my heart, Mikky
  • angelamary61
    angelamary61 Posts: 97 Member
    Actually I know what you mean, whenever I respond to one of those, say something about the person above you threads, I get skipped.
    Someone told me a while ago when you turn 50 you turn beige and get ignored. ( I know you certainly arnt that age) but I feel as if it is true.
    When I ask questions on my timeline, no one answers.
    Shame to be among so many people and feel so lonely.
    I thought it was just me.
    just keep rocking on, you are awesome.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    It happens. If one is older, or not particularly outrageous, or nothing special to look out it just...happens. It's the nature of the beast. Don't over think it. Some of us are wallflowers here. :glasses:
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    So I've been on here for like 2 years and I notice that people ignore me. Why? I don't know. If I'm correct They're here to lose weight and better their health, just like I was. So can anybody tell me how looking away or skipping someone in need will have any kind of benefits?

Wait...
    Disclaimer: This is a rant.

Now where was I..it doesn't. When I post to a topic where you have to say something about the person above, I am skipped. When I ask a question, I'm ignored. When I did get some friends, they didn't care for what I had to say, which was I'm so happy I have you guys as support. Yeah, some support huh. I disabled friends because I don't need to be reminded that others are more important than me. What, am I too fat to be on this website? Do I not weigh enough? Am I too young? I didn't need the added stress so now I do it without the help of others who remind me that I'm just a stranger. A strange stranger. Oh well. That's the end of my rant.

And people wonder why the world rejects them. They reject others in their own community. Out.

Why are you in such need of other people to validate you? That's the thing to think about here. Other than that, do this for yourself and *kitten* everyone else.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Hi mikky. Try spending time in other parts of the site and then comment on statements you like. Eventually you'll figure out people you click with and those added to your friends list are likely to be more supportive/interested in what you have to say.:flowerforyou:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    you....might want to talk to a therapist about your feelings of persecution and isolation
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    You're not looking hard enough. If I had a sweater, and people were tiny, both arms would be filled with the amount of fantastic people I have found here.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    you....might want to talk to a therapist about your feelings of persecution and isolation

+1
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    20 posts in almost two years?

Yeah. It's definitely the MFP community, not you.
  • eric_sg61
    eric_sg61 Posts: 2,925 Member
    We're all here for the same thing
    BNAYwsG.jpg
  • SaintGiff
    SaintGiff Posts: 3,679 Member
    Weird. I click on this thread and it's blank....

9Zi8fpL.gif
  • simplydelish2
    simplydelish2 Posts: 726 Member
    You aren't too fat...although judging by the photo you may be too young!

Never take any thing personally. Some people can be mean.

If you want more interaction you may want to make your profile public so people don't think you are a troll.
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    2TpPDWd.jpg
  • Burt_Huttz
    Burt_Huttz Posts: 1,612 Member
    We're all here for the same thing
    BNAYwsG.jpg

IDIOTS!!! I can't believe that! The top of the ladder is pressing against a freshly painted part of the wall! They're going to have to paint that section all over again.
  • CarmenSRT
    CarmenSRT Posts: 843 Member
    2TpPDWd.jpg

Damn your eyes! Gonna have Johnny Bravo in my head all night now. :laugh:
  • iMikky
    iMikky Posts: 30
    I don't utilize the social aspect of this site typically.
    Sorry you felt over-looked.
    Good luck with your weight loss.

Thanks, good luck with your journey as well!!
  • iMikky
    iMikky Posts: 30
    Thanks, I honestly don't know if this is a part of a real song or not but who cares? It made me laugh!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    20 posts in almost two years?

Yeah. It's definitely the MFP community, not you.

This. Just like you don't like talking and being ignored, other people don't like interacting with someone for whom it's always about them and what they need. Try responding to some of the hundreds of posts here looking for support and advice, and you'll soon find more friends and people will start to recognize you on the boards.