Plus size-Super size weightloss support

Options

Replies

• sclosson
    sclosson Posts: 120
    Options
    computer problems have kept me off the site for about a week. I really mised it. I think I did okay at first, but the last couple of days have been less than committed. Lots of stress at home and work to go along with no computer. Let's just say that I hope I didn't gain much.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    Still no word from Christy? Where has our fearless leader gone? Christy, come back we need your energy and encouraging words!
  • metco89
    metco89 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    i have about 87 lbs to go! i started at 260 am currently at 222 and want to get to 135!! One day at a time WE can do this. I just found this site a couple weeks ago so my starting weight on here was 224. so i am using the 224 for starting weight on here. wishing everyone great success!!:drinker: <lots and lots of water!!! :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • Joselem
    Joselem Posts: 50
    Options
    One short note before my am walk.....

I can relate to losing my self-control over a plate of chicken wings! One key point is to remember those trigger-foods that make us weak, neglect our selves and our hard earned efforts! Just think... all week you have exercised enough to burn a pound --- only to eat it up within 15 minutes - over wings!

We must remember and reward ourselves with the knowledge that our hard work is deserving of praise and is key to our self-worth and healthy well-being! yeah those wings are good... the little demon sitting on your shoulder is nasty and pushy enough to make you forget about all that hard work! Over wings!

So many trigger foods ... know them and avoid them... if you must have one... think for a minute... can you only have one?? I know I can't. I am weak over food, i have a love relationship with food and yep I am a food addict! I deal with this by simply avoiding it all together.... it is easier that way.

Now that I have weighed my options and made a sound resolve to achieve my goals, I have banned trigger foods from my kitchen! ( No junk in my trunk, no sir...ee) When I do groceries, I limit myself to the perimeter of the store... stores are set up so you can obtain foods from all major food groups, by just sticking around the store - no aisle shopping (therefore nothing packaged)... If shopping on a budget, avoiding the trigger aisle can save you a bunch! Plus you pass on the teasing...

Mind over matter! Jo

Hope this helps!
  • Joselem
    Options
    I forgot...

Top weight: 257 1/2 ponds

Current: 225 (pounds this am) Yeah!!

Reasonable goal: 175 pounds ( and dream of achieving 160)!

Way... weigh to Go! Jo xo
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah...
    Top Weight 263
    Current 259
    Goal 200

One misstep at a time, lol?! Anyways, I was at a Mens Weekend this weekend...OMG :drinker: :drinker: It was a blast, and now back to the "real world". yea! :tongue:
  • timragan
    timragan Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Wise words Joselem!

I've also started to pay close attention to situations that lead to bad food choices. I do a lot of driving in my business and have eaten enough food behind the wheel to feed a small country. These days I eat nothing in the car except a occasional protein shake (not the same as "eating").

I also had a bad habit of arriving home really hungry and finding something to eat within the first minute of two. That almost always meant that the pantry or some left over was the choice. None of you will be surprised to hear that the choices almost always ended up as high calorie, high fat, junk food.

Then.... on to dinner for more of the wrong stuff.

No matter how hungry I might be when I get home I don't allow myself to do anything other than ignore it for a while. Even if its only 15 minutes to be sure that an old habit doesn't make the choice a bad one.

I hope this helps someone. It has really helped me.

Cheers,
    Tim R.
  • timragan
    Options
    Since we are posting stats:

Highest weight 426
    Weight as of last Monday (I will weigh later this morning) 309

My goal is to get to at least 250.

59 lbs feels doable to me and that is a first.
    :happy:
  • kckat96
    kckat96 Posts: 72
    Options
    I have been away for a few months now and I need to get back on track
    My highest weight = 575lbs
    My lowest weight = 285lbs
    My current weight = 320lbs
    My dream weight = 175lbs or less

Everyday is a gift.....live it well, give something to others, love everyone, and laugh until you cry.

19589.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • andybear
    andybear Posts: 11
    Options
    Hi all,
    I have been away from this site for a long, long time. I have just started back to watching my weight etc. for health reasons and because I finally want to do this. Since last week I am proud to report that I have lost 3 pounds and I too have about 75 to lose. I have to say that I was quite upset with raincloud's comment that she suffers with major depressive disorder and has resigned herself to the fact that she will never be happy. I too have suffered with this terrible debilitating disorder for the past 6+ years, and I just want to say that you can beat it! I did! I tried everything there was to try and finally came up with a plan that worked for me. The depression was one of the major reasons contributing to my weight gain over the years and now that I'm over it, the weight is starting to come off. So to raincloud, keep your chin up. You too can be happy again!

andybear
  • apigchangedmylife
    Options
    I have not been on for about 2 weeks. I got on the scale this morning( I found my husband's hiding spot). I am down another 2 pounds. I have not been logging my food for 2 weeks and not exercising. I had some weird health thing going on but feel much better so I am back on track.
  • Joselem
    Options
    wow! You are doing great! Keep up the great work... EVERYONE!

CHEERIO! JO
  • keepnfaith
    keepnfaith Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have about... well if truth be told, to get to my right weight I need to loose 115 -125lbs!! (seems unobtainable) I just started on this website a few minutes ago and it appears to be very good. You can count me in on this looooong hopefully not to daunting journey.
    If any of you can help me navigate through this I would really appreciate it cause I don't know what I am doing! :bigsmile:
    keepnfaith
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Hi all how have you all been doing? I had a rough spot here the last couple of weeks, but now I'm going strong again, can't wait til thursday to post!

Take CARE!!! SARA
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    I truly think that the Day at a Time option is the ONLY way I will ever achieve my goal! Even when I get done logging food and exercise for the day, and the banner says I'll weigh 240 lbs in 5 weeks, it just seems impossible. So I'm just gonna worry about this day, and this meal, and this snack, and this exercise. Otherwise I'll end up self sabotaging, yet again.
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Got room for one more???

My name is Tish. I am 30 years old, about 5'9 and weigh 299 pounds. My goal weight is 180-185, so I have quite a bit to lose. I'm really looking forward to participating with y'all!
  • timragan
    Options
    Happy Dancing here. Had a great weight loss week of 7 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy:
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    Happy Dancing here. Had a great weight loss week of 7 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:smile: :wink: :laugh: :happy:

Wow!!! Way to go!!!
  • jamerz3294
    Options
    Tim; way ta go, bro!
    Tish; the more the merrier... well at least the more people to share the journey with, that is, hehehe. Welcome to our "little" support group here, it's a fun bunch!
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    ...Tish; the more the merrier... well at least the more people to share the journey with, that is, hehehe. Welcome to our "little" support group here, it's a fun bunch!

Thanks!:smile: