WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2014

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,909 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I have taken the AARP 55 Drive Alive class three times….the first time it was fabulous and I couldn’t stop talking about it. I still remember and make use of some things I learned. The other two were seriously boring and I remember nothing about them---I think the instructor makes a big difference.

:flowerforyou: Kitty, there is a website for changing grams to ounces and other metric conversions so you don’t have to do any arithmetic...it's called metric-conversions.org

:flowerforyou: SheFitWalks, I recommend Rodney Yee’s yoga videos----“Yoga for Beginners” or “AM Yoga”

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: I love Fridays because it’s the day I teach line dance. My class is for beginners and the dances are easy and fun. The students are enthusiastic and often applaud at the end of an especially fun dance. We welcome brand new dancers and everyone is helpful and encouraging so no one feels bad about not being able to do the dances right away.

:noway: Today we had a slight bump in the road in the class….there is controversial thing going on in my town and a woman brought a flier and began distributing it. The flier spoke in strong language about her side of the issue and I had to ask her to not distribute things that were controversial. I don’t want politics to spoil the class. I want to know that the one thing we have is common is our love for dance. That’s a lot like how we are on this thread----we stay away from controversial topics so we can all feel that we belong.

:flowerforyou: Last night during the pizza eating meeting, one of the women checked the MFP app on her phone to find out how many calories in the Costco pizza. Once she did that, I decided that I’d better finish logging my food for the day. The calories were overwhelming and I reminded myself that I had decided to have this one day splurge.

:flowerforyou: We were back at the AT&T Store again today with some more questions. One of the reasons that we continue to stay with them is the awesome service and the great people who work there who seem to have endless patience and a great sense of humor.

:heart: Barbie from beautiful sunny NW Washington

:bigsmile: 24,000 steps today including an awesome line dance class

868062a3p74g0ror.gif
    868062a3p74g0ror.gif
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,341 Member
    Options
    Did about 50 minutes of Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies DVD. Tomorrow I'm planning to do Jari Love Extremely Ripped 1000 DVD. After which I'll go to the farmer's market.

You know, I'm a little surprised that no one mentioned Vince's incident, especially our resident cardiac nurses

Took Vince to get his eye patch off today. His vision in his left eye is 20/20 and today the right eye registered 20/30. We know it'll get better. When he got the patch off the left eye, originally his eyesight was 20/50, now with the eye healing some it's 20/20. The doc did say that he's OK to drive (not like he hasn't been driving all along)

Have to go for my mammo in a few. I already have my magazines to take with me.

Tere - Vince had the same problem a while back, his license expired and he didn't know it. When we lived in PA, they would send you a renewal notice, I wonder if they do that in NC?

barbie - I'd never heard of "Gray Sheet OA" so I looked it up. Now I know something new! Thanks

dinaesia - The scale doesn't say that I've lost any weight, yet my watch is looser. A couple of times I've looked at it to be sure that it was clasped correctly. I don't have a scale that measures body fat since that measurement is so subjective. If you've recently had a lot to drink, the number will be skewered. To be honest, I really don't even know which scale I have. I primarily use the scale as a measurement to see how much I've gained/lost. It's probably not accurate, but for me close enough. Boy, my MIL did macrame. Takes me back. I like different crafts, too. x-stitch, I'm trying to teach myself to crochet, plastic canvas (but I'm losing interest in that), I want to do some ceramics for out by the pool this winter (doing the ceramics, not going out to the pool). I've gotten to the point now where I won't buy something at full price unless I absolutely love it and need it. Otherwise, I, too, zero in on the clearance items. Actually, I need a new bathing suit, so I bought it (it was on sale) and I saw that there were 3 others there. So...if they mark them down further, I'll return the one I have and buy the cheaper one (am I cheap or what?)

Gloria - that's wonderful that your office has healthy snacks!

Lesley - what did you teach?

Cynthia - sure hope your doggie is better. Our pets are our kids, so worry comes naturally.

Heather - I made a meatloaf last night for Vince to have, and some pieces broke off while I was cutting it up to wrap it up. If your ends went in the same place those scraps went, I have a very good idea where the ends ended up!

Alison - if you put the cookies in the freeer, they defrost in no time at all. They'd probably defrost on your drive from your house to FIL's place. I like to go to Denny's when we are in FL. Fried cornmeal mush -- never heard of it. Then again, I'd never heard of livermush until we moved to NC. Happy birthday to you DB

princessat50 - welcome!

Sylvia - love that you walk those kids to school and pick up trash. You're certainly teaching the kids a valuable lesson. Congrats on your BMI

Gloria - whenever I take an exercise class in the pool, I can never get over how fast the time seems to fly by!

Liz - one thing I absolutely hate is when your roots grow in and you can see where the hair that was colored ends. I've spoken to my hairdresser about this, and she suggested we go darker. You can still see the roots. Honestly, the price went up just to get my hair colored. I think I may look for another place just to see what their prices are and also to see if they can get it darker.

Cindy in OK - I love Rodney Yee, too

akinom - lol rooster chasing you to the gym

scaredone - I'm the same way, when I'm tired I crave carbs then I regret it.

Chris - welcome!

Alison - I'd say go for an interview. Can't hurt, huh?

Meg - it seems that when I run on the treadmill, I can't seem to run for very long, then I need to walk fast. Plus....it seems whenever I do run (or sometimes fast walk) on the treadmill, I always seem to need to go to the bathroom (#2). Guess running pushes "things" down. Thanks for telling me about the ladder treadmill workout. I guess it's what I call a speed interval workout. I use the savings catcher all the time at WalMart. So far I've only saved a little over $3. But that's $3 more in my pocket!

Sue - I'm with you, this has got to be the best time of year. I love going to the farmer's market and getting great corn, cantaloupes, purple potatoes, red okra and lots of other things.

Took Vince to the eye md, came home and exercised, finished breakfast, went for my boob squeeze, came home and went in the pool. It's so hot today. Came in asked Ken & Lynette if they'd like to come over after work to go in the pool since it's so hot but they didn't. Went to WalMart because in case they did I was going to make this chocolate bread pudding for dessert (and something else for Ken). We needed milk. Well, I was going to get it tomorrow anyway. Went back in the pool. I usually don't do that, but it was so hot today that I did. Came in had dinner, then just went out by the pool to sit and read, now in for the night.

Michele in NC
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Michelle, sometimes I just skim through the pages and I guess i missed about Vince. What happened to him. I'm sorry I missed it.

Meg, sounds like you can go outside and do your water aerobics outside!!! LOL. So we can call you Dr Meg????

Joyce, Indiana
  • dinaesia
    dinaesia Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hello from TX!
    Today was yet another scorcher. My DH wanted to go pick up the plates for his new motorcycle and asked me to ride along. We start out, and he says he knows the way. Then he starts asking me for directions. Should I turn here? Will this road go to ...? He's driven there three times already. Well, we made several wrong turns and ended up in a circle. Then we backtracked and headed in the right direction. The place is an hour from us. On the way back, he started in again...Should I turn here? I said, just take the turnaround since you're going back on the highway. Oh, yeah, I knew that. Then he missed the connecting turn and we had to go farther up the toll road to exit. I asked him, don't you read the road signs while you're driving? evidently not. sigh.
    Anyway, today was his birthday, so I took him out to dinner. Went over my cals for today, but I'm walking in the a.m.
    I'll have to check out those yoga videos. Sounds like something I can use. I loved Zumba, but my knees can't take the twisting. I've heard of Zumba Gold, (for seniors). I did see a set at Costco, maybe I'll look for it next trip.
    I found the Marigold Hotel movie at a secondhand bookstore for $5. I watched it today. Loved It! Great cast!

CynthiaT60 - Yeah, there are websites to find graves. I've seen them on ancestry.com or try Google Earth. That's fun for finding places. I used it to look at old houses from my family history. pretty cool. I printed out photos, and my mom was so excited to see those houses again. Ooh, look, they took down the porch railings...I can't believe they painted it that color. LOL

Princessat50 - Welcome to the group. I also have hypothyroidism. I was beginning to believe I would never lose weight. But now, I'm starting to bit by bit.

Sylvia - My MIL is a crafter/woodworker. My DH and BIL went together and bought her an industrial air cleaner and installed it in her workroom, which was in her basement. Perhaps a mobile personal air cleaner would work? Something that sits near you. or those little ones that you wear like a necklace? just a thought... Would you have a pic of the owl hanging? I'd love to see it. And congrats on the score of Magnalite! My mom has a big 6 qt roaster.

Katla49 - At 5'10" most tankinis aren't quite long enough to cover my belly. I have to buy the Longitude brand swimwear, otherwise the one-piece suits stop just below my bust. Not the look I want at the pool. Monokinis are sooo last season.

Christinekluc and scared1 - welcome to the group.

Michele - There's a product called Uncolor by Clairol. It removes hair dye from your hair. You can find it at beauty supply stores. It isn't available in all states. (weird laws) BUT, you can't dye brown over blonde. One is a red-violet dye, the other is a blue-violet dye. They don't mix. If you have blonde hair, you'll end up with green streaks where the blonde was. If I might make a suggestion...try going back to the hair color of your childhood. As we age, our coloring fades, our skin becomes paler, so the softer color hair of childhood suits us better. I learned about hair color some 35 years ago, so take this at face value. I don't know if this product is still available. I'm not a beautician. I took one class, many years ago, and have a good memory.
    My hair stylist just moved to vegas. I went back to my old stylist. When I go into a salon, I watch the stylist's hands. I watch how they shape the hair and how they cut it. The good ones use their hands to feel the texture and shape the cut. the bad ones just divide and chop. If you see someone with a nice color job, or cut, ask them where and who did it.
    Sorry we dropped the ball about Vince. That must have been scary for you. I apologize for not mentioning it. Hope he's doing better.

Meg - I use WM savings catcher. so far I've gotten $11.00. I usually price match and use coupons when I shop. My local WM just changed their price match policy. They limited it to four stores. that's ok, I drive past the other stores and it isn't a problem to stop and grab an adv. special. I use a sharpie marker to circle the items. Makes it easier to find them. I also list them on the top border of the ad.

Diane in TX
  • Lestan48
    Lestan48 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Lesley is feeling a little better this morning Still feels weird NOT to train. Keeping a watch on calories. Liked the Chilli con carne so much yesterday i had it today for lunch
    I used to be a fitness trainer at Contours. It is similar to Curves but better weight stations. I got sick of daft excuses. I did body building for years.
    I was a cancer research scientist for 40 years and worked at peter MacCallum cancer Hospital in Melbourne, Victoria.
    I cleaned house today and did 3 loads of washing, about to seasol garden beds and take the dog for walk up the road.
    My scheduled REST day tomorrow and taking it.

Lesley in Tasmania
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    This afternoon DH and I drove to a restaurant half way between DS’ house in Washington and ours in Oregon. It was a combination Birthday Party for DS and send off for me to CO and DH to their house. I ate more than I should, but the food was good and it was a special occasion.:drinker: We had a lovely meal with DS and DDIL, & they took DH home with them for a while. Tomorrow I will be leaving for the airport early. Neighbors are taking me and it will be an adventure. I hope I enjoy it. I know I’m looking forward to spending time in Colorado with my daughter and granddaughter.:love:

I plan to log my food every day using my phone app, and will also try to check in here if I can. It will depend upon whether DD has internet service or not, and/or whether I’m able to find a place where I can access WIFI. Wish me luck.:flowerforyou:

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison

August Goals:
    1. Log every bite and swallow.
    2. Cardio exercise at least 3 days a week.
    3. Have fun every day.
    4. Drink at least three glasses of water daily, preferably more!
  • edraper70
    edraper70 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Bump...been REALLY busy...School starts again next week. Maybe then I can catch up with everyone.

Eileen near San Diego
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Have fun katla and I pray that your husband does well

Joyce, Indiana
  • CynthiaT60
    CynthiaT60 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Alison: so glad you got a good night’s sleep! I’m sorry your “d”h keeps treating you the way he does. Makes me mad, actually. :angry: About the job: you could go talk to them; if it’s not right for you you don’t have to do it.

Sylvia: wow, what a good deal on those pans! Yeah, my clay teacher was pretty good, but also kind of a jerk. He seemed friendly enough. But once in a while he’d say something that would irritate the c*** out of me. Like when he had a couple of pieces in a small exhibition and someone asked how he’d gotten in there, and he said, “Well, that kind of place knows quality when they see it.” Windows XP? :noway: You might want to think about getting that upgraded unless you have a good virus scanner on your computer.

Katla: good luck with everything, including finding WiFi locations (shouldn’t be hard).

Yanniejannie: a safe driving course does sound boring. But you should try a skid control course. They are a BLAST! I’ve done it twice, I think; you learn a lot and it’s really exciting.

Rita: Hope you feel better today.

Michele: you can even eat cookies when they’re frozen. :wink:

Yes, I’ve been on several find-a-grave sites; no luck. One even says “no headstone”; can’t really imagine that, but I’d love to see for myself (or via a photo).

Thanks for all the good wishes for my dog (a Border Collie; he just happens to have an unstable lower back). He’s flying pretty high on pain killers for a few days (but still snapped at me when I touched his lower back/hip; VERY unusual for him). :cry: We’re going to see his chiropractor vet tomorrow; the man knows him well and is extremely intelligent, with a wide field of view, so I am looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

Hope everyone has a good day.
    Cynthia :flowerforyou:
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,698 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    thanks for the tip on the prenisone, yes I am still on it, for another week, no wonder I am the way I am,....
    I was charging my fit bit last night,so didnt log sleep,but I am lucky if I got 4 hrs,UGGG tossing and turning, and wondering what I should do..
    honestly sometimes the side effects of what is supposed to help out way the good it does for you:grumble:
    well im up having my lemon water and a cup of tea, gonna get dressed and go to work.. then home and to see DFIL and then out for pizza..
    will try and check in later:heart:
  • mollywhippet
    mollywhippet Posts: 1,890 Member
    Options
    So much for getting an extra hour of sleep. The alarm clock has two buttons for two different alarms and apparently I set the wrong one. So now I get an extra hour to read MFP! Today I have to clean house, get groceries, and make a birthday cake for tomorrow. I hope we aren't going to try to go to the lake because it's going to be hot today (100+) and the ac doesn't work as well out there.

When we remodeled about two years ago we had an Andersen storm door installed that had an integrated doggie door. We really relied on that thing, too. Well, the dog door part broke. While checking prices for a replacement (about $125) I called Andersen to see how much theirs would be. I gave them the serial number off the door (I didn't even know doors had serial numbers) and they checked the computer and said that our doggie door had a 7 year warranty and we have five years left, so they were sending us a replacement doggie door for free! It arrived in just a couple of days and hubby put it on last night. It looks better than the original. I'm always surprised when we get good service these days. And we never even sent in any registration form for our doors and windows, so hubby thinks the contractor must have done it. The online reviews for Andersen's service were pretty bad too, so I did not have high hopes.

Michele, I missed the news about Vince too. I'm sorry. Please tell us again. Sometimes when there are a lot of posts to read I'm not very thorough in my efforts to read everything. I see someone else refer to an issue that a third person mentioned and have to go back till I find it. I tried that just now but haven't found yours so far. Will look again. I hate when I miss stuff.

Cynthia, I've known a few potters who were pumped up by their own importance, but most are pretty humble. It's a shame you got stuck with a bad one. The clay teacher at our local college was pretty bad too, but for different reasons. He would give a short demo at the beginning of the semester and then go hide in his office. I always claim to be self taught, because I had to learn everything on my own. He is the reason I finally went out on my own. I built a kick wheel and set up a tiny studio in our garden shed. I do have a virus checker, but that PC is not often connected to the internet.

Katla, I hope all goes well with your hubby and your visit with the grands!

Meg, send us some of that rain!

Well, I have got to go swim now. Have a great day everyone!

Sylvia
  • DeeDee2211
    DeeDee2211 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Good morning beautiful ladies:flowerforyou:

Popping in saving my place:bigsmile:

Michele:smile: I got a renewal form for my license last year, seems it came several months before my birthday. Hope Vince is doing okay:flowerforyou: !

Hope everyone has a wonderful Saturday:flowerforyou: !!! Drink your water:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: !

Hugs,
    DeeDee in beautiful NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    It is fly away day, and I'll post again from CO when I can.:flowerforyou:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon for until just after lunch time.:wink:
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,050 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Friends,

Cythnia hope your border collie is doing better. I know when I don't feel well I get snappy too.

Gray and muggy today. Not having the sun come out is keeping it cooler. I got a massage last night, so am feeling the effects today. She does a deep tissue massage.

Today I will work on keeping my chin down and head up so tomorrow I will have better posture. ( She told me that is part of the reason my neck had so many knots in it.)

2014 word contentment
    :heart: MNMargaret
  • MA_B
    MA_B Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hello again...

After a busy couple of weeks of exam results I am looking forward to the last week of holiday before the Autumn Term starts. This summer has flown by so quickly. From very hot when we were in Pembrokeshire to very autumnal this weekend.

Tomorrow a couple at church are getting married so we have a bring and share lunch after the morning service so that people who want to stay on for the ceremony can eat together rather than wiz home and back! I have chosen to take crudites and low fat dips - at least this means that there will be some healthy choices on the table!

I have taken the plunge and joined our local gym with swimming pool. I love swimming but because I work in the local high school the open sessions at our local council pool are not ideal - Hi Miss - is not welcome!!! It will work out financially as long as I can swim at least 4 days a week - I have planned it into my weekly schedule ! I have also done a gym induction... fitting this in might be a little more tricky but 20 mins twice a week might just be possible ... watch this space!

The best news is that I have found the fitbit that I thought was broken and lost and it still works!

Happy bank holiday!

MA in UK
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday beautiful ladies. Going to be another HOT one here.:sad: Well the motorcycle is not going to be fixed by the time we are to leave Monday so we are going to take the car. Keep telling myself God is in charge. I work this weekend so have to finish up getting ready to leave early Monday. I have gotten myself so stressed out about this, so Thursday was a BAD food day. Was also so hot that didn't get my walk in. But not giving up, new day new start. Last evening DH and I dicided to walk to the park that was having a band. It is about mile and half each way. By the time we got home I was soaking wet as was so humid. But feel good as got almost 16000 for the day.
    The State Fair started here yesterday till Sept 2. So many people in town. Kind of glad we are leaving town and will be back on Monday the last day. Went the first year it was here, this is the 5th year. That was before I lost any weight and DH pushed me around in a wheelchair. Not sure if we will go out one evening over the weekend, have to see how I feel after I get off work.

Welcome Monika:flowerforyou: -- This is a great group for support and friendship.

Katla--sounds like you have things all lined up for DD and DH. Pray all goes well. Enjoy the new baby. Looking forward to the pictures.
    :flowerforyou:
    Anne--It is never to late to learn new things. I tell myself that all the time. :laugh:

Katiebug--How scary!!

Michele--Glad DH was ok.

Karen--Welcome. Come often and lets get to know each other.:flowerforyou:

Allison--love that about DD's DBF. I remember when my DS was a teenager and he was really serious with this girl. He gave her the pearl ring his dad had given me. I didn't want it anymore so was not real upset when he didn't get it back I had forgotten about it. The way you have been feeling explains almost the same as I have been the last several days. No reason for it, but it just is.

Sylvia--Thats great encouragement for the DGC and picking up trash. I understand just how you feel about DS ex. I have felt the same way more then once with my DHex. She did so much to try and use the kids to break us up and told them lies about me and had them scared of me. I have done my best not to bad mouth her in front of the kids when they were growing up. So rant all you need to. I also agree you need to send that email to lawyer, judge or someone. Let her hang herself. Great garage sale find.

Carol--Thanks for those words. I have been stressed-scared-whatever and last couple days really been bad. Time to just do what needs to be done and trust God will handle it. It sure sounds like you have come along way. I need to put on my big girl panties.
    :happy:
    Meg--We have gotten rain the last several nights. Thursday when I got home part of our big tree and fallen across the driveway. Sure glad it waited until I had the car out. Things are looking really green.

Cynthia--hope your dog is feeling better. I know when mine are not feeling well I worry.

Jane--where do you send the cards for the kids? I would like to do something like that.

Welcome Chris- come often and get to know us.

Yesterday afternoon DH and I watched the movie Gods not Dead. What a great movie and message. I had wanted to see it when it came out, but they only had it here a very limited time. A guy I work with got the movie and so he let me borrow it.
    Well I am caught up again. Know I will not be logging much the week we are gone. I will miss you all so very much. I have started to get things ready to leave early Monday morning. Finish up tomorrow when I get home from work. Ladies enjoy this day and remember we are not in this alone.
    Blessings, Vicki GI NE
  • christinekluczewski
    Options
    Hi, and thanks for the welcome. There are so many of you! Even a woman from Tasmania, wow.

the fair was fun and we stayed for the concert. Her name is Danielle Bradbery and she won The Voice in 2013. She is only 18. I fear she won't be a star, because she has nothing unique about her, but she is young and has time to develop her own style. Her voice is lovely. The Brooklyn (CT) Fair claims to be the oldest agricultural fair in the U.S.

it was a big night out for us. We didn't get home until 10:30 p.m. haha.

I'm concerned about the lady with the Border Collie. We had to put our 15 year old Border Collie mix down a few years ago. As a breed they can get a little snappy and I hope your dog gets better and stops that behavior. Our sweetheart's name was Susie and I still miss her. She had cancer and it was inoperable because she was unable to tolerate the surgery.

Food: at the fair I had a roast beef sandwich and an ice cream cone and water. I avoided the multiple fried items!

have a great day and enjoy each moment.
  • shanitomorrow
    shanitomorrow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,

And welcome to new members of the group.

It's been a busy few days, I've been minding the shop for my sister while she is in the UK. Dashed home after work, calling in at the bank, bakers and supermarket, before bringing in the laundry and then getting ready to go for a meal out with neighbours. Just made it! Bizarrely, had fish and chips - almost as strange as sitting in the British Legion on 11 November in brilliant sunshine waving a Union Jack and singing "there'll always be an England". Not something I could ever see myself doing in England!

Up with the sunrise today and another half day at the shop before coming home to a luxurious swim in an empty pool. Today, I was treated to martins swooping and skimming the surface of the water for insects ( the other day it was just the insects in all their many hues).

It's a beautiful evening here, mellow with the last rays of the sun.

Enjoy your day x

Shani
    Usually of London, England, but currently in Cyprus
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,205 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon from dozy Heather in Hampshire UK! :flowerforyou:

My guests have gone. It was sooooooooo great having them, but the minute the car pulled away I fell onto the bed and went to sleep for an hour! :bigsmile: Didn't even have the strength to watch my French film. :tongue:
    Last night we were up until gone 1 a.m. having a singing and dancing session! Such fun!:drinker: (see profile photo!) But I wound myself up so much I didn't get to sleep until 3.15 and I was awake at 6.45.
    We walked up the lane to an Open Studio in the village and DH and I bought a wonderful framed large photo. It's called 'Too grey for customers' and it's shot from the inside of a seaside café showing the empty table and the grey waves outside. The inside colours are blue and bright pink. Reminds us of so many seaside holidays and the colours are perfect for our kitchen. We so rarely splash out on something like that. :heart: I bought a couple of cards and DSIL bought 4 mugs with beach hut scenes. DH'S niece bought silver starfish earrings. DSIL also ordered a large framed photo of pebbles in a stream. I bet the studio was glad we came! ! ! ! !:drinker:

I ate about 500 over TDEE yesterday and had a lot of lunch today so I have to get back to my normal regime now. No slacking. No exercises today either apart from the walk. It was so nice to relax for a couple of days, but how easy it would be to slide back into old habits! Vigilance is required.:wink::tongue:

Michele - I did see your Vince post and was concerned, but I selfishly didn't mention it as I was busy, busy. It must have been very worrying and I hope the causes will be sorted soon. Good news about the eyes.:flowerforyou:

Welcome new people. It's great to be in this together!:flowerforyou: Sorry I'm not mentioning names, but I'm just drop dead tired. :yawn:

Kitty - I have a digital scale that has lbs and oz and grams and fluid oz. I just press a button and it changes between them. Believe me I still mainly work in lbs and oz. Most people of my generation do.:tongue: The cauliflower cake was a hit. DH took a big chunk with him to the football. We have loads left for tomorrow. It is HUGE! It easily feeds ten.

Meg - we were wondering where you had got to when the mojitos were being served. :tongue: They were fabulous. Definitely do those again. We managed to sit outside for drinks and first course, wrapped up in our cardigans, but went inside for the main event. The wire grill containing the pieces of tandoori chicken came apart during the barbecueing and deposited half of the chicken on the concrete patio. We scooped it up and carried on grilling reckoning that the white hot charcoal would fry any germs! It was all eaten!
    :laugh:

I know there were things I wanted to say to people but my brain is dead. Tomorrow I will be better I swear. Must log my lunch if I can remember what I had.:ohwell:

Love to all, Heather UK
  • megblair1
    megblair1 Posts: 1,218 Member
    Options
    Hooray for Saturday! I actually got out of bed this morning and went to aqua aerobics. He kicked my butt! I used heavier weights too so now my arms are sore. I came home to a power outage and I was so disappointed; I made a healthy-er blueberry strata that I wanted and it hadn’t even been cooked yet. Oh well we can eat it tomorrow I guess. It just got done. We also had 3” of rain last night. Today is parent daughter day (I get DD#1) and then date night, so I’ll just try not to be crazy with food today.

Sue good workout today!

Barbie: such a good idea to really limit those political topics in dance class.

Michele: can you repeat Vince’s incident? When I miss a day and there are so many pages to read, I often skim and so I missed it and feel badly.

Joyce: naaaaa you just call me Meg; “Dr.” is saved for students LOL After last night I guess we can do water aerobics outside!

Diane: I use my specials at Walmart. I have lots of stores around me so I could stop, but don’t want to do all that running! My favorite cashier will give me the price matches even if I don’t mention them. Does dh usually have that sort of problem driving?

Lesley enjoy your rest day

Katla: enjoy your trip!

Cynthia: there is also some sort of new treatment for animals using laser therapy. I was reading about it in my vet’s office; it can be used for arthritis too

MA glad you found the fitbit. I’d be lost without mine!

Vicki: glad no one was injured when the tree fell. I hope you have a wonderful trip

Heather: I was at the airport waiting for you to pick me up! Oh well, next time, right??? :”)

Well I must get busy and get ready because DD will be here shortly. I know I missed some of you but I think of you all and cheer you on. Take care, Meg from soggy Omaha who is still wanting one of Heather’s mojitos!