Sorry boys, this question is for the ladies!!!

Options
Morning ladies!! I have been research different exercises lately to try and my friend mentioned Crossfit to me. Has anyone tried it? If so how do you like it? Any progress pics to show off?
Thank!!

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Don't be so sexist.
  • sunnyside1213
    sunnyside1213 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I have friends doing it with their kids. They have lost a ton of weight. They also try to eat paleo.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Wait, so now crossfit is only for ladies?
  • 115s
    115s Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    What if they used to be a man and are now a lady with all their lady bits and hormone therapy? Can they still reply?
  • Laurenloveswaffles
    Laurenloveswaffles Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    I'm a lady. Me no like crossfit. So no.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    why is this a ladies only question?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    yes, disregard any information from men because we couldn't possibly know what works for either sex.
  • 365andstillalive
    365andstillalive Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Don't be so sexist.

tumblr_mcbtwnPBIl1qfqlpv.gif

Hahaha had to.

But in all seriousness, I've never tried cross fit but I've heard it's a killer workout. However, it's also a workout that both sexes do, so I'm not really sure why you don't want the male input?
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    Dang, thought this was a TOM thread
  • miniwheatxoxo
    Options
    Geesh people. I think she just wants advice from a women and if it worked for them and what results they received. Not so much that men cant answer a crossfit question, she wants to hear from a women perspective.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Dang, thought this was a TOM thread

I was hoping this was a discussion about boobs. :cry:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    One of the best things about CrossFit is that men and women both attend classes together :smile:

I love CrossFit. It's changed my life. That said, CrossFit gets bashed on these forums all the time. There's a group here you can join called CrossFit Love if you have any questions. Otherwise, my tips:

1. Check out your local box before signing up. Some will let you take a class without weights. Ask about trainer credentials and talk to the members to get a sense of the culture. Not all boxes are created equal. Some are great, some are awful.

2. Make sure you take a beginner course before you get started. This is where you will learn the basics and start working on proper form.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    why is this a ladies only question?

My thoughts exactly.

I was expecting "do you crossfit during TOM?" or something like that for having a gender separation.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a month, it wasnt for me. There are some parts I like, but there are some movements that take too long to learn and I dont have the patience to keep practicing my form over and over again. The instructor told me it can take some people(not everyone) months, yes months, to learn the proper form for some of the lifting. My husband is currently taking his crossfit certification to be an instructor and he loves crossfit. He has been doing it for 2 years and he loves it. I think its not for everyone, but there are many ladies in the class that love it. If you are looking for a strong sense of community and support, you will find it at a crossfit box. Thats the one thing I do wish I had instead of working out alone.

If I were you I would do a 30 day trial if possible to see if its right for you before commiting to a membership
  • Galatea_Stone
    Galatea_Stone Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Is it exercise? Is it more than you're doing now?

It doesn't matter what I think of it for me or whether I would do it. If you try it and like it and it works for you, then great. Go for it.
  • NurseGetHealthy216
    NurseGetHealthy216 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Holy crap people, I asked women because sorry men you don't have boobs that get in the way or a Tom which is a pain in the *kitten*. I've already had my male friends give me their opinion so I was looking for the female since none of my female friends have done it. Didn't know the whole site was going to jump down my throat about it
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    training doesn't recognize gender- sorry.

not sorry.

It's a valid form of exercise if that's what you're asking. Men and women regularly do Olympic lifting and gymnastic exercises and they manage just fine.

It just depends on what your goals are really.
  • imsahagun
    imsahagun Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Too intense for me... but I'm a weenie!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I love how many men can't resist reading this thread just because it says, no men... LOL
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Holy crap people, I asked women because sorry men you don't have boobs that get in the way or a Tom which is a pain in the *kitten*. I've already had my male friends give me their opinion so I was looking for the female since none of my female friends have done it. Didn't know the whole site was going to jump down my throat about it

Relax, it's the internet.

You got some good answers though. As far as boobs go, I'm a D and I haven't had too much of a problem. I just wear a great sports bra. TOM sucks, but it's going to suck whether you are running, doing CrossFit, Zumba....or anything, really.