What's Your Go-To Breakfast?

Replies

• adsyron
    adsyron Posts: 22 Member
    My husband and I eat the same thing almost everyday: multi-grain english muffin (the 100 calorie ones), a hard boiled egg, and a serving of fruit. I put sugar free jelly on my english muffin, but my husband slices his egg and eats it with the english muffin as a sandwich with ketchup or a laughing cow wedge (light swiss flavor).
  • climbing_trees
    climbing_trees Posts: 726 Member
    Oatmeal is the easiest and most common
    Usually with almond milk and cinnamon

But my favorite is wheat toast with avocado and tomato slices

Or skillet potatoes with onions mushrooms bell peppers and spinach~

I love breakfast! ^__^

Oh, and COFFEE ALWAYS <3
  • vegkitten
    vegkitten Posts: 106 Member
    Fruit of any kind ranging from 150 to 300 calories of it, dried, fresh, in smoothies. It's the best way to start my day.
  • I'm really busy and admittedly pretty lazy. So I have a Jimmy Dean's egg white breakfast bowl. 240 calories, 22 grams of protein, and it costs me $2 a pop at my local grocery store. I add some hot sauce on top and I'm a happy Texan.

I replaced buying a breakfast taco each morning which ran me about 380 calories and about $4 with tip.

So I save both money and calories with this easy swap!!
  • marissanik
    marissanik Posts: 344 Member
    30ihy4w.jpg

Variations of this. Almond milk+mint chocolate whey. Clif builders chocolate mint protein bar. Plain Greek yogurt with mio in it. Whole wheat toast with egg. Banana slices with natural pb+100% bakers chocolate. Oatmeal with natural pb+100% bakers chocolate. Nomnomnom

Sometimes I switch out my type of whey/protein bar. Sometimes instead of oatmeal I have another piece of toast with cream cheese and jam on it :love:
  • mmarquard75
    mmarquard75 Posts: 6 Member
    I eat any of the following: Steel oats, or oatmeal with cinnamon, or cheerios with 0 cal sweetner and Flaxseed milk. Chiobani 0% yogurt with gblueberries and flaxseed. Unless I go out on the weekends then I get eggs with a ton of veggies and ww toast with some fruit on the side. All this suits my diet of T2 Diabetes and has helped me lose weight.
    All of this is very satifying with my coffee and keeps me relatively full until lunch.
  • jtitus2014
    jtitus2014 Posts: 9 Member
    If I make eggs I do one whole egg/1 egg whites scrambled on either toasted wheat bread or a wheat tortilla with a pinch of cheese. I usually have a side of apples and 1/2 of non-fat cottage cheese. Sometimes I will do a sliced apple, strawberries, blueberries, and cottage cheese. This morning I ate half a wheat bagel, blueberries, and strawberries. I just started my lifestyle change last Monday so I am new to eating healthy so this is my starting breakfast for right now.
  • 1PearlyMargaret
    1PearlyMargaret Posts: 11 Member
    Coffee with almond milk, banana, and protein shake. :drinker:
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Protein bar or scrambled eggs (If I wake up early enough to make them).
  • jmtris
    jmtris Posts: 7 Member
    My breakfast is typically:

Oats with pumpkin spice (maybe dried fruit depending on my calories for the day)
    Scrambled eggs and low calorie fruit or
    Protein bar and a piece of low calorie fruit.
  • tr3kkie9rl
    tr3kkie9rl Posts: 144 Member
    I eat like a hobbit:
    5:00am – Pre-workout "breakfast": a piece of dairy-free homemade chocolate (basically coconut oil, cocoa powder and stevia) or some dairy-free egg custard
    6:30am – Breakfast: usually a few pieces of bacon and some fruit, if I had a really good workout, some overnight oatmeal soaked in coconut milk
    8:00am – Second Breakfast: microwave-scrambled eggs with some meat and/or veggies and dairy-free cheese mixed in, coffee with non-dairy creamer and stevia
    11:00am – Elevenses: usually baby carrots and maybe another piece of chocolate
  • WAS287GOAL170
    WAS287GOAL170 Posts: 44 Member
    Village Hearth English Muffin 90 cal
    2 TBS PB 2 45 cal
    banana (depending on weight) around 100cal
    k-cup 80 cal
    2 TBS Sugar free creamer 30

345 CALORIES
    Every weekday
  • arlojwiley
    arlojwiley Posts: 10 Member
    For about the past month (since shortly after I joined here), I've been eating a banana on the way to work and then 3/4 cup of green seedless grapes throughout the rest of the morning. That's 200 calories and keeps me going until I have lunch at noon.

On the weekends, I either sleep in and skip breakfast or have a bowl of Corn Flakes.
  • rockinrobyna
    rockinrobyna Posts: 6 Member
    3 Egg Whites (sometimes I add in veggies)
    1/4 cup of oatmeal with cinnamon and 1tsp of brown sugar!

When I'm feeling ambitious instead of oatmeal I cook up some sweet potatoes :)
  • deevah62
    deevah62 Posts: 32 Member
    Mon - Fri, plain oatmeal and fresh fruit, Sat - eggs, toast etc. (this usually covers lunch too), Sun - yogurt or a banana then brunch/lunch after church with choir buddies. Coffee with milk every day!
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Most recently:

1/3 cup egg whites (you could use a whole egg or two as well, just scramble)
    slice of cheese
    whole wheat english muffin
    turkey bacon
    low fat milk
    coffee

(I just spray a microwave safe mug with cooking spray and cook the egg whites in microwave for 1 1/2 min...same with bacon, just cook in microwave for a little over a minute)

This makes for a very quick egg mcmuffin type breakfast!
  • trudywc2
    trudywc2 Posts: 233 Member
    scrambled eggs with onion and spinach and 1/2 avocado
  • Smirnoff65
    Smirnoff65 Posts: 1,060 Member
    I have the same breakfast almost every day, three slices of wholemeal toast with a small amount of low fat spread and a small banana sliced thinly on top, mug of tea or coffee and that keeps me going for hours. 379 cals.
  • Julieboolieaz
    Julieboolieaz Posts: 643 Member
    Coffee/hnh/Splenda first thing every morning :heart:
    Single serve GY- 100cals or sometimes oatmeal with protein powder and some berries, or cottage cheese and berries.
    Then I work out
    Post workout- either quest bar, or protein shake (delicious today was frozen banana, 1.5 scoops choc whey protein powder, PB2choc, and Coconut milk-delicious!)
    I count all of this as breakfast...since it's done by 10.
  • Protein shake after lifting, then coffee at work with either eggs some type of way or peanut butter/jelly toast.