Replies

• GeekyMommy528
    GeekyMommy528 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Single, don't want to be, but can't find what I'm looking for. :(
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I'll grab a paddle on this boat. Well.....very soon I will be paddling like mad. I don't wanna be single, though. I want someone to spemd my tomorrows with. Someone to adore and cherish. A woman that challenges me intellectually, and can be as rude and sarcastic as I am. Soft on the outside but a furnace broiling underneath. She's gotta be as affectionate as me, at least as witty (hopefully moreso), with a tender heart and a quick tongue. Equally prepared to shred the skin on my back or melt into the passion with me at any given time of the day or night. Never know which will rear it's head :wink: I doubt such a woman exists, but if she does, she's searching for me too. Fate will bring us together.

This sounds like a dating profile. To answer OP's question about online dating and whether it works, I met my late husband on a dating website. It happened for us.

Haha

and yes I met m husband on POF...it's free...he is freakin' hot thank you...and I am not average nor below average...so that harvard study...eh I would have to see that and some peer review....:bigsmile: ....to believe that.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    I'll grab a paddle on this boat. Well.....very soon I will be paddling like mad. I don't wanna be single, though. I want someone to spemd my tomorrows with. Someone to adore and cherish. A woman that challenges me intellectually, and can be as rude and sarcastic as I am. Soft on the outside but a furnace broiling underneath. She's gotta be as affectionate as me, at least as witty (hopefully moreso), with a tender heart and a quick tongue. Equally prepared to shred the skin on my back or melt into the passion with me at any given time of the day or night. Never know which will rear it's head :wink: I doubt such a woman exists, but if she does, she's searching for me too. Fate will bring us together.

This sounds like a dating profile. To answer OP's question about online dating and whether it works, I met my late husband on a dating website. It happened for us.

Haha

and yes I met m husband on POF...it's free...he is freakin' hot thank you...and I am not average nor below average...so that harvard study...eh I would have to see that and some peer review....:bigsmile: ....to believe that.

Truth...my sweet husband was very hot....

10472780_10204771538154365_2086356795096649511_n.jpg
  • bigpapa36
    bigpapa36 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I've been treading water for a while now because I'm looking for the right boat to jump in. The last two boats I was in sunk faster than the titanic.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    single-taken-training.jpg?w=396
  • AdiabaticPerformance
    AdiabaticPerformance Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    It's pretty desperate to post like this.

Is it? I thought it was a fun way to kill some time.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    It's pretty desperate to post like this.

Is it? I thought it was a fun way to kill some time.

Since+this+is+single+barrel+JD+and+not+standard+it+_674564c99e6fc895efa75ad108403490.jpg
  • bigpapa36
    bigpapa36 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    that's why it's called "chit-chat, fun, and games...jesus Christ!!! You don't like it...Get the *kitten* outta here :drinker:
  • Ump78
    Ump78 Posts: 342 Member
    Options

to my recollection, the op asked who was single and didn't wanna be. I answered and got to waxing philosophic. I digress. You're right. Not the venue. My apologies.
  • wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options

to my recollection, the op asked who was single and didn't wanna be. I answered and got to waxing philosophic. I digress. You're right. Not the venue. My apologies.

You misunderstood. I wasn't mocking it. Just something that popped into my head. It's not a problem. You can post what you like. :flowerforyou:
  • AdiabaticPerformance
    Options
    So what kind of boat is this singles cruise on? Get creative!

A boat powered by rows of stationary bicycles with dozens of military drill instructors (male and female) "setting" the pace?
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    mfp can make anybody want to be single... just saying
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    So what kind of boat is this singles cruise on? Get creative!

A boat powered by rows of stationary bicycles with dozens of military drill instructors (male and female) "setting" the pace?

from an outsider since I won't be on this boat and since this is MFP...row boat...long one...you know to accomodate all of you single folks...but remember you have to stop frequently to change spots so you can chat each other up...
  • HerbertNenenger
    HerbertNenenger Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Go to why not and you'll see why op post

Thanks, Captain Obvious

Hey some people don't read other threads

yeah ! I don't even know what this means "go to why not"... is that English? I don't know how to see the other threads people have posted.... show me why show me why !
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    that's why it's called "chit-chat, fun, and games...jesus Christ!!! You don't like it...Get the *kitten* outta here :drinker:

Watch yo mouf! You know there's no religious talk allowed here.
  • AdiabaticPerformance
    Options
    this thread was a spin off from another one asking "why not" an MFP dating site... so i made a dating thread... which has turned into quite the story.

but basically none of that is important, what is important is what you want to do on the singles boat we have created\
  • AdiabaticPerformance
    Options
    If this cruise was to go to the Caribbean, and it was a beautiful 88deg day, with the faintest touch of sea spra in the breeze, who's going topless?
  • Megan101792
    Megan101792 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Options
    this thread was a spin off from another one asking "why not" an MFP dating site... so i made a dating thread... which has turned into quite the story.

but basically none of that is important, what is important is what you want to do on the singles boat we have created\

which i pointed out in the beginning but got caught up in the game
  • Miss_1999
    Miss_1999 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    I used be in that boat. In fact, I dated for 42 years (ages 12 through 54), looking for the right one. There were a great many toads and some good guys among the myriad candidates. Sometimes I was the dumper, others I was the dumpee, Then, finally, at age 54, Bill and I found each other and Kismet. We knew the day we met we'd be spending the rest of our lives together. I believe his statement of endearment was, "Oh, no! Separated at birth!"

The advantage of failing to marry any of his predecessors is that I never had to pay for the inevitable divorce. He and I both missed any potential first or second marriages along the way to finding each other. Our first marriage, at the tender age of 54, is the one for the ages.

My elderly mother sent me a check and a note saying, "You've always wanted one. Go to David's Bridal and get one." So here's the picture of me in full "Miss Muffet" when we got married in my Mom's living room, with my family in attendance. I let Bill donate the suit so he'd never have to wear it again. That may have been the 2nd happiest day of his life.

dfac6608-dd6d-46cc-8cac-28884b41b746_zps2e3a7b38.jpg

This was a very sweet story! Thank you for sharing it! And may the two of you have many happy years together! Congrats on your wedding! :happy:
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I am working on being single and staying that way for a WHILE.