Can I brag about my husband for a minute?

Options

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    When I first met guy, I knew I needed to find a way of making him want me forever. So, over the past year, I’ve been perfecting the art of romance and tricking him into thinking he can’t live without me. It's working. So pay attention ladies.

First, when he’s showering, I take his towel, put it in the dryer to warm it up, then place it in the bathroom for him in the shape of a heart… this shows my love for him.

Secondly, I take pictures of him when he’s not looking… especially when he’s sleeping. I send him those pictures of himself throughout the day so that he knows I’m always thinking of him.

Third, I keep a list of things he likes and make sure I have them on hand whenever I see him… like Peanut Butter Cups and IPA’s.

Fourth, I try to prepare his toothbrush for him each morning so that he knows I care enough to save him the exertion of having to do so himself.

Last, but certainly most importantly, I make sure we always have adequate love igloo time. Each day, we huddle under a blanket, pretend we’re in an igloo, and discuss our day, our dreams, and our sexual fantasies. That keeps us so close with an inseparable bond no one could ever break.

And that, my friends, is how I keep the romance alive.

****This post is dedicated to Paige & Angela****

Not all guys like this kind of stuff. I think my hubby would rather have me sit down next to him during a football game and ask if he traded someone on his fantasy football than for me to put the toothpaste on his brush. Seems like (s)mothering, but to each their own.

It's totally not smothering! This is doctor and Cosmopolitan tested, proven advice. You MUST start prepping his toothbrush for him! Trust me, he's gonna love it!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I have no issues with what people do in the privacy of their own homes... I just have to wonder how someone decides it should be shared with a large group of faceless strangers... Like... there you are... sitting in front of a computer.. or staring into your phone... and suddenly you say to yourself... "I bet the world wants me to share this..." WHEN the reality is Umm no...keep that *kitten* to yourself... besides anyone with a modicum of talent and imagination could scribble down that nonsense...

Your comment and avatar picture match perfectly. I can totally imagine you saying this with that face.

b245640f26d9c186478d31388b191215549e_thumb.jpg

/ thread. Drops mic.
  • SoManyCookies
    SoManyCookies Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Have to say these were not the responses I was hoping for.

Not sure how romantic you will think this is, but here goes. For the last year i've had to work 2 jobs to make ends meet. He has always been super supportive and has always helped me in any way he can. Lately, I've gotten really depressed about the weight i've gained due to not being able to take care of myself like i'd like. I recently put in my notice at the second job, so i'm down to one job now (yay!) but that means the budget just got a lot smaller for me. He knows all of this and this past weekend took me out and bought me some kettlebells and resistance bands. All complete with training on how to use them (he's an ex powerlifter). I thought it was so sweet and supportive of him to do that for me and it really showed me how much he cares about me and my health and well being.

Oh, and he massaged my sore muscles afterwards :wink:
  • CJisinShape
    Options
    When I first met guy, I knew I needed to find a way of making him want me forever. So, over the past year, I’ve been perfecting the art of romance and tricking him into thinking he can’t live without me. It's working. So pay attention ladies.

First, when he’s showering, I take his towel, put it in the dryer to warm it up, then place it in the bathroom for him in the shape of a heart… this shows my love for him.

Secondly, I take pictures of him when he’s not looking… especially when he’s sleeping. I send him those pictures of himself throughout the day so that he knows I’m always thinking of him.

Third, I keep a list of things he likes and make sure I have them on hand whenever I see him… like Peanut Butter Cups and IPA’s.

Fourth, I try to prepare his toothbrush for him each morning so that he knows I care enough to save him the exertion of having to do so himself.

Last, but certainly most importantly, I make sure we always have adequate love igloo time. Each day, we huddle under a blanket, pretend we’re in an igloo, and discuss our day, our dreams, and our sexual fantasies. That keeps us so close with an inseparable bond no one could ever break.

And that, my friends, is how I keep the romance alive.

****This post is dedicated to Paige & Angela****

Not all guys like this kind of stuff. I think my hubby would rather have me sit down next to him during a football game and ask if he traded someone on his fantasy football than for me to put the toothpaste on his brush. Seems like (s)mothering, but to each their own.

It's totally not smothering! This is doctor and Cosmopolitan tested, proven advice. You MUST start prepping his toothbrush for him! Trust me, he's gonna love it!

Giggles.
  • tr3kkie9rl
    tr3kkie9rl Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I have no issues with what people do in the privacy of their own homes... I just have to wonder how someone decides it should be shared with a large group of faceless strangers... Like... there you are... sitting in front of a computer.. or staring into your phone... and suddenly you say to yourself... "I bet the world wants me to share this..." WHEN the reality is Umm no...keep that *kitten* to yourself... besides anyone with a modicum of talent and imagination could scribble down that nonsense...

Probably because I have social/emotional issues due to having been raised in a religious cult in Alaska... pretty much cut off from all society outside our "church family." Not kidding. Some 15 years after getting out, still figuring out how the world really works.
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

Your comment and avatar picture match perfectly. I can totally imagine you saying this with that face.

b245640f26d9c186478d31388b191215549e_thumb.jpg

/ thread. Drops mic.

Yeah, this.

I have a cousin that just had a baby... and she posted this big long novel on her husband's FB wall with tons of intimate details about what a wonderful father he is, etc... and it's like, isn't he sitting on the couch next to you right now? Drives me nuts.
  • FitGal4ever42
    FitGal4ever42 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    If my man entered the bathroom and opened the curtain on me while I showered I certainly would want something more than a choc. covered cherry in my mouth. I would be offended if that is all I got. :ohwell:
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Apparently I need to step up my game. The only thing I've ever slipped into my wife's bath was a toaster.

mwahahahahahahhaa!! love it! OH unless you really did...then......
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    If my man entered the bathroom and opened the curtain on me while I showered I certainly would want something more than a choc. covered cherry in my mouth. I would be offended if that is all I got. :ohwell:

If my husband opened the shower and tried to put anything in my mouth he'd get a shove and a soaking....I am such a killjoy
  • murphy612
    murphy612 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but .. eewwww
  • tr3kkie9rl
    Options

Not sure how romantic you will think this is, but here goes. For the last year i've had to work 2 jobs to make ends meet. He has always been super supportive and has always helped me in any way he can. Lately, I've gotten really depressed about the weight i've gained due to not being able to take care of myself like i'd like. I recently put in my notice at the second job, so i'm down to one job now (yay!) but that means the budget just got a lot smaller for me. He knows all of this and this past weekend took me out and bought me some kettlebells and resistance bands. All complete with training on how to use them (he's an ex powerlifter). I thought it was so sweet and supportive of him to do that for me and it really showed me how much he cares about me and my health and well being.

That is absolutely romantic! He knows it's something important to you, and put a lot of thought and effort into finding something that would help you achieve your goals, not just something that would help him into your pants, which - let's just be honest - sometimes that's what a "romantic gesture" really is ;)
  • SoManyCookies
    SoManyCookies Posts: 31 Member
    Options

That is absolutely romantic! He knows it's something important to you, and put a lot of thought and effort into finding something that would help you achieve your goals, not just something that would help him into your pants, which - let's just be honest - sometimes that's what a "romantic gesture" really is ;)

I can honestly say that I have never once felt that was the motivation behind anything he's ever done for me. And in turn, he's never had to try for that... :wink:
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    wet chocolate..........just no.
  • CJisinShape
    Options

Probably because I have social/emotional issues due to having been raised in a religious cult in Alaska... pretty much cut off from all society outside our "church family." Not kidding. Some 15 years after getting out, still figuring out how the world really works.

The other option is that they are a hater, disliking the sweet, prefering the bitter. Your post was sweet and romantic, and they want to rain on your parade. They yell TMI all day, except when discussing what sex positions they use with some radom person while on their rag. But, that's just my perspective, I could be wrong. Don't let the haters bring you down!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Does my hubby buying me Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare count as a romantic gesture? lol. He's too grossed out by germs to ever pass food into my mouth from his. He did do something for me recently, but mentioning it would earn me a strike :blushing:
  • Rachinator92
    Rachinator92 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend put the dishes away . :D
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    Options
    Apparently I need to step up my game. The only thing I've ever slipped into my wife's bath was a toaster.
    OK...seriously almost choked on my grilled chicken!! LOL!!!
  • tr3kkie9rl
    Options

The other option is that they are a hater, disliking the sweet, prefering the bitter. Your post was sweet and romantic, and they want to rain on your parade. They yell TMI all day, except when discussing what sex positions they use with some radom person while on their rag. But, that's just my perspective, I could be wrong. Don't let the haters bring you down!

That too :)
  • tr3kkie9rl
    Options
    Does my hubby buying me Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare count as a romantic gesture? lol. He's too grossed out by germs to ever pass food into my mouth from his. He did do something for me recently, but mentioning it would earn me a strike :blushing:

If you love it, heck yeah
    Someone referred to my post as "50 shades of gray" territory but I could write 5,000 shades of gray if I had wanted to LOL
  • brandnewsnickerpuss
    brandnewsnickerpuss Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    He's my "ex" but he still rubs my feet for me while I fall asleep, almost every night. Sometimes, after I fall asleep, he'll do the dishes and let the dog out. I'm pretty sure he's the best ex-boyfriend ever. :)