Skinny/ Fit people Problems

Options

Replies

• UK34
    UK34 Posts: 23
    Options

People asking what diet I'm on. Bloody hell just eat less.

lol I had an overweight nurse ask me this.....quite worrying I think.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    ~having to get rid of a mountain of clothes that were too big for me [I actually didn't mind this too much, as it opened up a lot of closet space for new clothes yay!]

~constant 'but you're so skinny, you don't need to work out/count calories!!' actually that's the reason i'm skinny: I work out and count calories. if I didn't i'd be right back where I started. plus I work out so I can eat all the food and drink all the drinks.

~constant 'but surely you're taking green tea extract? raspberry ketones? gojii berry juice? diet pills? cocaine???' nope, I eat less and move more, but nobody wants to hear that, everyone thinks there's some kind of miracle quick fix that involves no thought or hard work. oh if only......
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I hate the comment "You've lost so weight. Your boyfriend must be thrilled"

I don't have a boyfriend, but even if I did, I would not work this hard to look good and be healthy for someone else. I'm not that nice, lol. I do this for me. I want to be able to walk up steps without getting winded. I want to be able to get into my car without my thighs touching the steering wheel.

All the great things that are happening to me because of this journey, I do for me. Call me selfish, but I will wear that selfish badge with honor.

I also get the "you've lost too much weight" or "you must be done losing weight now" mostly from my grandparents. They mean well and it's never said negatively, so I don't really pay too much attention to it. I just life up my shirt and show them my stomach, lol.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Losing weight disproportionately. I'm starting to see increased definition in my delts, my hammies and quads, my triceps.

My muffin top, however, is going nowhere. Yet....

Haha yeah. I have muscular legs and arms, but still too much fat in my midsection.

And two extra 'boobs' that hang there when I bend over (over my bellybutton), thanks loose skin.

Aw girls! I'm the opposite. Still have a big jiggly butt but flat stomach and you can see my ribs. My breasts have gotten so small I literally cannot find my bra size right now :(
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    My watch, that is very heavy and I wear 24/7 for sentimental reasons is WAY too loose. When I run it flops up and down, bruising my wrist. When I type, it rides almost halfway up my forearm, cutting off circulation. Guess it's time to get links taken out.

Finding new underwear. I don't get it. I can't be the only dress size 2 that has a butt. Either the underwear is too big and wants to fall off, or the rise is fine in the front and leaves significant plumber's crack in the back.

Bruising - from deadlifts. Apparently just touching the top of my knee is enough to do it.

Problem and a blessing: Eating less - at this point, I'll never be satisfied with sedentary maintenance calories. Makes me do something every day to earn dessert or a snack, even if it's walking the dog for an hour.
  • ninav1980
    ninav1980 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this one will be said a bunch... but mooning people haha. I cant keep my pants up, like ever. running across the street last week with a fist full of fabric in the front.. i'm like... whattt? awesome but horrible.

and i get mysterious bruises more easy without my fat to protect me haha.

I can totally relate. My old running pants are riduculous. I had to constantly hold them up and keep picking them up every couple of minutes since the constant running was making them slide down my butt! lol. Those were once really tight yoga pants. I have since swiched to shorts :)
  • StrawberryJam40
    StrawberryJam40 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    A vast increase in unwanted attention and sexual comments.

This is the one thing that makes me wish I'd never lost weight.

i dont think thats a bad thing, it's because you're sexy, just ignore guys that make them and know it's because you look good
    you can try to wear more clothing or clothing that isn't too revealing and you'll still look cute
    personally id rather be thin and maybe get unwanted attention from guys who i can ignore than fat and no attention from guys at all

I'd like that problem. But, I understand. It can't be any different now than the line "you have a pretty face" and "you're such a nice person" when you are obese.
  • meganjcallaghan
    meganjcallaghan Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Losing weight disproportionately. I'm starting to see increased definition in my delts, my hammies and quads, my triceps.

My muffin top, however, is going nowhere. Yet....

Haha yeah. I have muscular legs and arms, but still too much fat in my midsection.

And two extra 'boobs' that hang there when I bend over (over my bellybutton), thanks loose skin.

Aw girls! I'm the opposite. Still have a big jiggly butt but flat stomach and you can see my ribs. My breasts have gotten so small I literally cannot find my bra size right now :(

I have excess skin everywherrrrrrrre..... the stomach "boobs" that hang from my middle (and just like the real things one is bigger than the other :P), skin envelopes (or "skinvelopes", if you will...) that fall around to the front of my thighs whenever I'm in a plank or push up position, back drapes when I'm standing up straight, which has caused me to start to hunch over slightly just so it's not so disgustingly obvious that I have flaps of skin hanging on my back., so much boob skin that despite the fact that based on actually breast tissue amount I should probably be a B (from a DD) I still have to wear a C or sometimes D just to fit the skin in the cup (because it's so gelatinous, leaning to one side or the other makes it ooze out, so sometimes I have to tape it in...but my skin is so thin now that pulling the tape off sometimes rips it, so I have to use that sparingly), Arm skin that would put a flying squirrel to shame. I could literally hang glide without any help. my butt skin hangs so far down that I end up with blisters in the fold that SHOULD be the bottom of my butt but isn't. It's all pretty gross....that's probably my biggest "skinny" problem. I had no problem with the concept of getting married one day and having alllllll kinds of nekked fun when I was big. Who would have thought losing weight would turn that into a pipe dream.
  • hyg99
    hyg99 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Very similar "problems", loving this thread..

Had to buy all new clothes in my New size. So I have no old clothes at all.
    The desire to go clothes shopping is ridiculous. I haven't saved any money this month after hitting my goal size.
    Now all new underwear, I now take longer getting ready as developed a need to make sure everything matches, even for work, just because I can.
    I fidget badly in meetings, as my now skinny bum goes numb.
    My work top is always cluttered full of fruit bowls, as one is nowhere near enough.
    Constantly stopped by people wanting to tell me how good I look and ask how did I do it.
    Soooo cold, had to buy lots of cute jumpers and cardigans.
    My washing line is constantly full of work out gear.
    My middle daughter complains that I fit in her clothes now.
    Can't help looking at myself in the mirror as I just don't look like me anymore.
    Had to buy a smaller belt as my old belt didn't go small enough.
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Before I lost 109 lbs I couldn't find clothing in most stores that fit me.

Now I STILL have trouble finding clothes that fit me in most stores :\

Fat lot of good your weight loss did in that department :laugh: j/k :smile:
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Sitting on benches etc is getting less comfortable. My cushion is dissolving :(
  • fabnine
    fabnine Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this one will be said a bunch... but mooning people haha. I cant keep my pants up, like ever. running across the street last week with a fist full of fabric in the front.. i'm like... whattt? awesome but horrible.

and i get mysterious bruises more easy without my fat to protect me haha.

Oh this!! I've always run in spandex no matter my size. It fit and kept the thighs from chafing. When I lost weight I thought it didn't matter that they were no longer stretched tight over my ample behind until the day I ran right out of them.:embarassed:
    Live & learn right?

And the bruises...I have no idea what I keep bumping into to make all those marks on my thighs.
  • Holla4mom
    Holla4mom Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    These are all so good! Bumping for my friend.
  • jennybinney1987
    jennybinney1987 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I love this so much. thanks for bumpin this for me :) this really helped me be sooo motivated.
    my only problem so far was moonin a room full of 100 ppl at a museum
  • Adefowler
    Adefowler Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    When I pee on the toilet, I now have to make sure I close up my legs or I get splash back on my self. Cuz my thighs are so much thinner.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I'm swimming in my favorite jackets and blazers. Still wear them now, even though they make me look bigger. I'm going to miss them when I hit goal because they'll just look absurd.

My wedding ring isn't long for this world. I already haven't worn it in weeks because it slipped off and rolled of somewhere in our house.

Gotta get new headshots.

Clothes. Seriously. The in-between phase sucks for clothes. Too small for most of my old clothes, too big temporarily to invest in a brand new wardrobe at these in-between sizes.

The lower I get the more attention I get from the ladies...and mens.
  • smarieallen85
    smarieallen85 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    When I pee on the toilet, I now have to make sure I close up my legs or I get splash back on my self. Cuz my thighs are so much thinner.

lololol
  • FeliciaCM
    FeliciaCM Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I can't find boots that will zip over my calves, I had to alter a pair of gladiator heels to fit my calves for a wedding this summer because they dug into the muscle.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    tag to read later
  • FeliciaCM
    FeliciaCM Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    my hip bones often hurt because when i bump them into things there is no cushion, same with laying on my side in bed is less comfortable